- Volume 9 Issue 12
The pyramid graph is an interconnection network topology based on regular square mesh and tree structures. In this paper, we adopt a strategy of classification into two disjoint groups of edges in regular square mesh as a base sub-graph constituting of each layer in the pyramid graph. Edge set in the mesh can be divided into two disjoint sub-sets called as NPC(represents candidate edge for neighbor-parent) and SPC(represents candidate edge for shared-parent) whether the parents vertices adjacent to two end vertices of the corresponding edge have a relation of neighbor or shared in the upper layer of pyramid graph. In addition, we also introduce a notion of shrink graph to focus only on the NPC-edges by hiding SPC-edges in the original graph within the shrunk super-vertex on the resulting graph. In this paper, we analyze that the lower and upper bound on the number of NPC-edges in a Hamiltonian cycle constructed on
- F. Berman and L. Snyder, "On mapping parallel algorithms into parallel architectures," J. of Parallel and Distrib. Comput., Vol.4, pp.439-458, 1987. https://doi.org/10.1016/0743-7315(87)90018-9
- B. Monien and H. Sudborough, "Embedding one interconnection network in another," Computing Supplement, Vol.7, pp.257-282, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-7091-9076-0_13
- Y. Saad and M. H. Schultz, "Topological properties of hypercubes," IEEE Trans. on Comput., Vol.37, pp.867-872, 1988. https://doi.org/10.1109/12.2234
- F. T. Leighton, Introduction to Parallel Algorithms and Architectures: Arrays, Trees, Hypercubes, Morgan Kaufmann Pub., 1992.
- R. Miller and Q. F. Stout, "Data Movement Techniques for the PYramid Computer," SIAM J. on Comput., Vol. 16, No.1, pp.38-60, 1987. https://doi.org/10.1137/0216004
- Q. F. Stout, "Mapping Vision Algorithms to Parallel Architectures," Proc. of the IEEE, Vol.76, No.8, pp.982-995, 1988. https://doi.org/10.1109/5.5970
- D. M. C. Ip, C. K. Y. Ng, L. K. L. Pun, M. Hamdi, and I. Ahmad, "Embedding Pyramids into 3D Meshes," Proc. of 1993 Int'l Conf. on Paral. and Distrib. Sys., pp.348-352, 1993.
- K. -L. Chung and Y. -W. Chen, "Mapping Pyramids into 3-D Meshes," Nordic J. of Computing, Vol.2, No.3, pp.326-337, 1995.
- 장정환, "피라미드의 3-차원 메쉬로의 신장율 개선 임베딩", 정보처리학회논문지-A, Vol.10-A, No.6, pp.627-634, 2003. https://doi.org/10.3745/KIPSTA.2003.10A.6.627
- 장정환, "피라미드 그래프의 헤밀톤 특성", 정보처리학회논문지-A, Vol.13-A, No.3, pp.253-260, 2006. https://doi.org/10.3745/KIPSTA.2006.13A.3.253
- Y. C. Tseng, D. K. Panda, and T. H. Lai, "A Trip-based Multicasting Model in Wormhole-routed Networks with VIrtual Channels," IEEE Trans. on Paral. and Distrib. Sys., Vol.7, No.2, pp.138-150, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1109/71.485503
- J. A. Bondy and U. S. R. Murty, Graph Theory with Applications, North-Holland, 1980.
- S. -Y. Hsieh, "Fault-tolerant cycle embedding in the hypercube with more both faulty vertices and faulty edges," Parallel Computing, Vol.32, No.1, pp.84-91, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.parco.2005.09.003
- J. -So Fu, "Conditional fault-tolerant Hamiltonicity of star graphs," Parallel Computing, Vol.33, No.7-8, pp.488-496, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.parco.2007.02.007
- T. -L. Kueng, T. liang, L. -H. Hsu, and .J. J. M Tan, "Long paths in hypercubes with conditional node faults," Information Sciences, Vol.179, No.5, pp.667-681, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ins.2008.10.015
- P. -Y. Tsai, J. -So Fu, and G. -H. Chen, "Fault-free longest paths in star networks with conditional link faults," Theoretical Computer Sciences, Vol.410, No.8-10, pp.766-775, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tcs.2008.11.012