- Volume 9 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
The Effect of Aquatic Gait Training on Foot Kinesiology and Gait Speed in Right Hemiplegic Patients
수중 걷기 운동이 우측 편마비 환자의 발 운동학과 보행 속도에 미치는 영향
- Published : 2009.12.28
The purpose of this study was to investigate the effect of aquatic gait training on plantar foot pressure, foot kinesiology and gait speed in right hemiplegic patients. The subject were 20 stroke patients who elapsed from 12 month to 24 month after stroke(aquatic gait training group(n=10), land gait training group(n=10)). This study measured plantar foot pressure, toe out angle, subtalar joint angle, gait speed from data of gate on 2m long measuring apparatus for RS-scan system(RS scan Ltd. German). This experiment performed in twice, before and after the aquatic gait training and land gait training. Collected data were statistically analyzed by SPSS Ver. 12.0 using descriptive statistics, paired t-test. Aquatic gait training group had more variety pressure area on their foot such as T1(Toe 1), HM(Heel medial), and HL(Heel lateral). But motion of subtalar joint flexibility and toe out angle decreased considerably and gate speed also increased. According to the result, aquatic gait training is considered as more effective way in foot stability and normal gait pattern than land gait training.
Aquatic Gait Training;Foot Kinesiology;Hemiplegic Patient;Plantar Foot Pressure;Gait Speed
- 이상열, 이명희, 박민철, 한진태, 권오현, 배성수, "지팡이의 손잡이 형태가 편마비 환자의 균형 회복에 미치는 영향" 대한물리치료학회, 제20권, 제4호, pp.7-13, 2008.
- R. R. Holt, D. Simpson, J. R. Jenner, and S. G. Kirker, "Ground reaction force after a sideways push as a measure of balance in recovery from stroke," Clinical Rehabilitation, Vol.14, No.1, pp.88-95, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1191/026921500668655351
- 윤향운, 이상열, 이현민, "보행 중 입각기 시 정상 성인과 편마비 환자의 환측과 건측의 족저압 분포 비교", 대한물리의학회, 제4권, 제2호, pp87-92, 2009.
- L. Jorgensen, T. Engstad, and B. K. Jacobsen, "Higher incidence of falls in long-tell1 stroke survivors than in population controls: depressive symptoms predict falls after stroke," Stroke, Vol.33, No.2, pp.542-547, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1161/hs0202.102375
- P. Langhorne, D. J. Stott, L. Robertson, J. MacDonald, L. Jomes, C. McAlpine, F. Dick, G. S. Taylor, and G. Murray, "Medical complications after stroke: a multicenter study," Stroke, Vol.31, pp.1223-1229, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1161/01.STR.31.6.1223
- P. A. Houglurn, Therapeutic Exercise for Athletic Irduries, Champaign, lL: Human Kinetics, 2001.
- F. M. Campbell, A. MAshburn, R. M. Pickering, and M. Brunett, "Head and pelvic movements during a dynamic reaching task in sitting: Implications for physical therapists," Archived physical Medicine Rehabilitation, Vol.82, pp.1655-1660, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1053/apmr.2001.26818
- J. M. Koury, "Aquatic therapy programming: guidelines for orthopedic rehabilitation," Human Kinetics, pp.1-9, 1996.
- B. E. Carl and W. L. Barry, Physiml Activity of Individuals with Mental Retardation, Human Kinetics, 1992.
- B. C. Davis, "A technique of resistive exercise in the treatment pool," Physiotherapy, Vol.57, No.10, pp.480-481, 1971.
- M. Campion, Hydrotherapy principles and practice, Oxford : Butterworth Heinemann, 1998.
- 김태열, 김계엽, Johan Lambeck, "류마티스 관절염의 수중운동", 대한물리치료학회지, 제12권, 제3호, pp.407-414, 2000.
- 고영완, 김광래, "두 가지 운동 강도의 벤취 스텝핑 훈련 프로그램에 다른 중년 여성의 혈청 지질 변화", 대한스포츠학회, 제15권, 제1호, pp.110-118, 1997.
- 이상숙, 이완희, 손애리, 이승원, 박대성. "수중운동프로그램이 뇌졸중 환자의 일상생활동작과 활동체력 및 혈중지질에 미치는 영향", 한국스포츠리서치학회, 제18권, 제4호, pp.243-252, 2007.
- K. A. Volaklis, A. T. Spassis, and S. P. Tokmakidis, "Land versus water exercise in patients with coronary artery disease: effects on body composition, blood lipids, and physical fitness," American heart journal, Vol.154, No.3, pp.560.e1-6, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ahj.2007.06.029
- G. Clements, "Adaptation of postureal control in weightlessness," Experimental Brain Research, Vol.57, pp.61-72, 1984.
- J. Jamison and D. Ogden, Aquatic Therapy Using PNF Pattern, Sprint Aquatic, 2003.
- M. De Haart, A. C. Geurt, S. C. Huidekoper, and L. Fasotti, "Recovery of standing balance in postacute stroke patients: a rehabilitation cohort study," Archived physical Medicine Rehabilitation, Vol.85, No.6, pp.886-895, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apmr.2003.05.012
- F. B. Horak, "Clinical assessment of balance disorders," Gait Posture, Vol.6, pp.76-84, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0966-6362(97)00018-0
- A. J. Cole and B. E. Becker, Comprehensive aquatic therapy, 2th ed, Oxford, Butter worth Heinemann, 2004.
- A T. Skinner and A. M. Thomson, Duffield's exercise in water, 3rd ed, Philadelphia, Bailliere Tindall, 1989.
- A. Betes and Hanson N. Aquatic Exercise Therapy, Elsevier. Singapore.1996.
- K. S. Chu, J. J. Eng, A. S. Dawson, J. E. Harris, A. Ozkaplan, and S. Gylfadottir, "Water-based exercise for cardiovascular fitness in peyes closeple with chronic stroke: a randomized controlled trial," Archived physical Medicine Rehabilitation, Vol.85, No.6, pp.870-874, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apmr.2003.11.001
- 이상열, 배성수, "보행 시 부하의 위치에 따른 발의 안정성 및 운동학적 분석에 관한 연구", 대한물리치료학회, 제21권, 제2호, pp.97-101, 2009.
- Effects of a Water Exercise on the Lower Extremities Coordination during Obstacle Gait in the Female Elderly - Focusing on Training and Detraining Effects - vol.24, pp.2, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5103/KJSB.2014.24.2.95