- Volume 9 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Usefulness of High-B-value Diffusion - Weighted MR Imaging for the Pre-operative Detection of Rectal Cancers
B-values 변환 자기공명영상: 국소 직장암 수술 전 검출을 위한 적합한 b-value 유용성
- 이재승 (한동대학교 선린의료원 종양학과) ;
- 구은회 (서울대학교병원 영상의학과 자기공명영상실) ;
- 이선엽 (한림성심대학 방사선과) ;
- 박철수 (한림성심대학 방사선과) ;
- 최지원 (전주대학교 방사선학과)
- Published : 2009.12.28
The purpose of this study is to evaluate the usefulness of high-b-values diffusion weighted magnetic resonance imaging for the preoperative detection of focal rectum cancers. 60patients with diffusion weighted imaging were evaluated for the presence of rectal cancers. Forty were male and twenty were female, and their ages ranged from 38 to 71 (mean, 56) years. Used equipment was 1.5Tesla MRI((GE, General Electric Medical System, Excite HD). Examination protocols were used the fast spin echo T2, T1 weighted imaging. All examination protocols were performed by the same location with diffusion weighted imaging for accuracy detection. The b-values used in DWI were 250, 500, 750, 1000. 1500, 2000
Fast Spin Echo;Rectal Cancer;Diffusion Weighted Image;Apparent Diffusion Coefficient
- K. Nasu, Y. Kuroki, and S. Kuroki, "Diffusion weighted Single Shot Echo Planar Imaging of Colorectal Cancer Using a Sensitivityencoding Technique," Japanese Journal of Clinical Oncology, Vol.34, No. 10, pp.620-626, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1093/jjco/hyh108
- RGH Beets-Tan, GL Beets, et al, "Rectal Cancer: Review with Emphasis on MR Imaging," Radiology, Vol.232, No.2, pp.335-346, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1148/radiol.2322021326
- R. Stahl, O. Dietrich, S. J. Teipel, "White Matter Damage in Alzheimer Disease and Mild Cognitive Impairment: Assessment with Diffusion-Tensor MR Imaging and Parallel Imaging Techniques," Radiology, Vol.243, No.2, pp.483-492, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1148/radiol.2432051714
- P. Murtz, S. Flacke, and F. Traber, "Abdomen: Diffusion-weighted MR Imaging with Pulse-triggered Single-Shot Sequences," Radiology, Vol.224, No.1, pp.258-264, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1148/radiol.2241011117
- J. C. Stollfuss, K. Becker, A. Sendler, "Rectal Carcinoma: High-Spatial-Resolution MR Imaging and T2 Quantification in Rectal Cancer Specimens," Radiology, Vol.241 , No.1, pp.132-141, 2003.
- J. J. Futterer, S. W. Heijmink, T. W. J. Scheenen, "Prostate Cancer: Local Staging at 3-TEndo-rectal MR Imaging - Early Experience," Radiology, Vol.238, No.1, pp.184-191, 2003.
- S. W. Heijmink, J. J Futtcrer, and T. Harnbrock, "Prostate Cancer: Body-Array versus Endo-rectal Coil MR Imaging at 3 T - Comparison of Image Quality, Localization, and Staging Performance," Radiology, Vol.244, No.1, pp.184-195, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1148/radiol.2441060425
- T. W. Chan, H. Y. Kressel, and B. Milestone, "Rectal carcinoma: staging at MR imaging with endo-rectal surface coil. Work in progress," Radiology, Vol.181, No.2, pp.461-467, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1148/radiology.181.2.1924789
- N. K. Kim, M. J. Kim, and J. K. Park, "Preoperative Staging of Rectal Cancer With lVlRl: Accuracy and Clinical Usefulness," Annals of surgical oncology, Vol.7, No.10, 2000.
- S. Bipat, A. S. Glas, and F. J. M. Siors, "Rectal Cancer: Local Staging and Assessment of Lymph Node Involvement with Endoluminal US, CT, and MR Imaging-A Meta-Analysis," Radiology, Vol.232, No.3, pp.773-783, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1148/radiol.2323031368
- 천승희, 이석환, 김광호, "직장암의 수술 전 병기판정의 정확도", 대한대장항문학회지, 제19권, 제5호, pp.327-333, 2003.
- 김용진, 김남규, 이강영, "다발성 원발성 대장 직장암의 임상 병리학적 특성", 대한대장항문학회지, 제18권, 제5호, pp.343-348, 2002.
- 박치민, 정극원, 한상아, "선택된 하부 직장암 환자에서 수술 전 항암 화약약물 및 방사선병행 치료 후 시행한 경항문 내시경 미세수술", 대한대장항문학회지, 제21권, 제5호, pp.293-299, 2005.
- P. A. Hein, C. Kremser, and W. Judmaier, "Diffusion-weighted magnetic resonance imaging for monitoring diffusion changes in rectal carcinoma during combined, preoperative chemoradiation: preliminary results of a prospective study," European Journal of Radiology, Vol.45, No.3, pp.214-221, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0720-048X(02)00231-0