- Volume 9 Issue 12
World water industry market is about 400~500 billion dollar, and to be expected to most promising industry in 21 century. Israel and Singapore, in spite of water shortage nation, have global competency in water industry through active formation policy of central government and public enterprise. Israel government made various policies for development of water industry including water cluster policy, and the water public enterprise, Mekorot, executed them. There are more than 200 venture companies in water cluster, and it created 8000 jobs, accomplished export of 1billion dollar. Singapore government recognized potentials of water industry early, propelled water industry formation policy with the help of related departments of government, and Singapore public water enterprise, PUB, played key roles to carry out specific policies. Singapore established grand plan to become Global Hydrohub in 2015, drives it progressively. Korean government should behold potentials of water industry, and develop various policies to enforce water industry competency, integrate related affairs in a department, and invest to make global water cluster with the help of K-water and local government.
Water Industry;Foreign Case;K-water;Cluster
- 김철회, "참여정부 지역혁신체제 구축정책과 평가과제", 서울행정학회 학술대회 발표자료, 2007.
- 문현주, "물산업의 시장전망 및 발전전략", 2008.
- 환경부, "물산업 육성 5개년 추진계획 수립 연구", 정책연구보고서, 2006.
- 환경부, "물산업 통계 특수 분류 체계 마련 연구", 정책연구보고서, 2008.
- DTI, "A Practical Guide to Cluster Development," London, 2003.
- EDB, "Singapore: A Global Hydrohub Factsheet 2009," 2009.
- Israel NEWTech, "Water: The Israeli Experience, The National Water Program," 2008.
- T. C. Khoo, "Singapore Water: Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow," Water Management in 2020, 2009.