- Volume 9 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Influence of Emotion Labor on Job Stress and Burnout for the Hotel Employee
호텔기업 종사원의 감정노동이 직무스트레스와 소진에 미치는 영향
- Published : 2009.12.28
Though the concept emotional labor in hotel employees is very important in the theoretical and practical perspective, the extant study has not yet studied. Based on the existing literature on the effects of emotional labor, including job stress and burnout, the hypotheses were suggested and date analyses were performed to verify these hypotheses. Data gathering were performed by self-administered questionaries on the samples of 330 hotel employees in Seoul. Finding were as Following. Firstly, attentiveness to required display rules, variety of emotional display rule, emotional dissonance was positively relatively to job stress. Secondly, variety of emotional display rule, emotional dissonance was positively relatively to burnout. Thirdly, job stress was positively relatively to burnout. The result of this study will be helpful for the hotel industry which gave needs to establish the marketing strategies.
Emotional Labor;Job Stress;Burnout
- 김민주, "호텔종사원의 감정노동이 직무관련 태도에 미치는 영향", 관광학연구, 제25권, 제2호, pp.129-141. 1998.
- 성혜진, 패밀리레스토랑 직원의 감정노동과 소진 영향요인에 관한 연구, 세종대학교 관광대학원, 석사학위논문, 2003.
- 최진숙, 서비스 종사자의 감정노동이 직무스트레스에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구, 경희대학교대학원, 석사학위논문, 2008.
- R. Abraham, "Emotional Dissonance in Organizations: Antecedents, Consequences, and Moderators," Genetic, Social, and General Psychology Monographs, Vol.124, pp.229-246, 1988.
- P. K. Adelmann, Emotional Labor, and Employee Well-Being, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. 1989.
- B. J. Babin and J. S. Attaway, "Atmospheric Affect as a Tool for Creating Value and Gaining Share of Customer," Journal of Business research, Vol.4, No2, pp.91-99. 2000.
- A. Bandura, Social Foundation of Thought and Action: A Social Cognitive Theory, Engelwood Cliffs, NJ; Prentice-Hall, 1986.
- T. A. Beehr, The Role of Social Support in Coping With Organizational Stress, In T. A. Beehr & R. S. Bhagat(eds.), Human Stress and Coping in Organization: An Integrated Perspective, Jhon Willey & Sons, pp.375-398, 1985.
- C. Brotheidge and A. Grandey, "Emotional Labor and Burnout, Comparing, Two, Perspectives of People Work," Journal of Vocational Behavior, Vol.5, pp.1-23, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1016/0001-8791(74)90002-5
- D. E. Castro, J. Agnew, and S. T. Fitzgerald, "Emotional Labor: Relevant Theory for Occupational Health Practice in Post-Industrial America," Journal, Vol.52, No.3, pp.109-111, 2004.
- C. Cherniss and E. S. Egnatios, "Is There Job Satisfaction in Community Mental Health?," Community Mental Journal, Vol.14, No.4, 1978.
- C. Cherniss, Staff Burnout: Job Stress in the Human Services, Bevery Hills, CA: Sage, 1980.
- C. L. Cordes and T. W. Dougherty, "A Review and an Integration of Research on Job Burnout," Academy of Management Review, Vol.18, No.4, pp.621-656, 1993. https://doi.org/10.2307/258593
- J. Edelwich and A. Brodsky, Burnout: Stage of Disillusionment in the Helping Professions, New York: Pergamon Press. 1983.
- P. Ekman, Cross Culture Studies of Facial Expression, Darwin and Facial Expression: A Century of Research in Review, New York: Academic Press, pp.169-222, 1973.
- C. D. Fisher and R. Gitelson, "A Meta-Analysis of the Correlates of Role Conflict and Ambiguity," Journal of Applied Psychology, Vol.68, pp.320-333, 1983 https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.68.2.320
- H. J. Freundenberger, "Staff Burnout," Journal of Social Issues, No.30, pp.159-165, 1974.
- D. Friesen and J. C. Sarros, "Sources of Burnout Among Educators," Journal of Organizational Behavior, Vol.10, pp.179-188, 1989. https://doi.org/10.1002/job.4030100208
- J. Gains and J. M. Jemier, "Emotional Exhaustion in A High Stress Organization," Academy of Management Journal, Vol.26, pp.567-586, 1982.
- D. C. Ganster, M. R. Fusilier, and B. T. Mayes, "Role of Social Support in the Experience of Stress at Work," Journal of Applied Psychology, Vol.105, pp.254-257, 1986.
- R. T. Golembiewski and M. Scicchitano, "Testing for Demographic Covariance: Three Source of Data Rejecting Robust and Regular Association, International," Journal of Public Administration, Vol.5, pp.453-447, 1983.
- N. Gupta and T. A. Beehr, "Job Stress and Employee Behaviors," Organizational Behavior and Human Performance, Vol.23, 1979.
- T. W. Hellrigel, Jr. Slocum, and R. W. WoodMan, Organizational Behavior, 3rd ed. St. Paul; West, p.499, 1983.
- A. R. Hochschild, The Managed Heart, Berkeley: University of California Press: pp. 89-136, 1983.
- J. M. Ivancevich and M. T. Matteson, Stress & Work: A Managerial Perspective, Glenview(1) : Scott, Forsmen & Company, p.76, 1980.
- S. E. Jackson and J. A. Turner, "Brief, Correlate of Burnout Among Public Service Lawyer," Journal of Occupational Behavior, Vol.8, pp.339-341, 1987. https://doi.org/10.1002/job.4030080406
- S. E. Jackson, R. L. Schwab, and R. S. Schuler, "Toward An Understanding of The Burnout Phenomenon," Journal of Applied Psychology, Vol.71, pp.630-640, 1986. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.71.4.630
- M. Jamal, "Job Stress and Job Performance Controversy: An Empirical Assessment," Organizational Behavior and Human Performance, Vol.33, pp.1-21, 1984. https://doi.org/10.1016/0030-5073(84)90009-6
- K. L. Kahn, D. M. Wolfe, R. P. Quinn, T. D. Sneok, and R. A. Rossenthal, Organizational Stress: Studies in Role Conflict and Ambiguity, New York : Wiley. 1964.
- C. Krone, M. Tabacci and B. Farber, "Manager Burnout," The Cornell Hotel Restaurant Administration Quarterly, Vol.30, pp.58-63, 1989.
- R. T. Lee and L. Ashforth, "A Meta-Analytic Examination of the Correlates of the Three Dimension of Job Burnout," Journal of Applied Psychology, Vol.81, pp.123-133, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.81.2.123
- J. R. Lehtinen, "Improving Service Quality by Analyzing the Service Production Process," European Journal of Marketing, Vol.18, No.4, pp.143-157, 1984.
- S. Mann, "People-work: Emotion Management, Stress and Coping," British Journal of Guidance & Counseling, Vol.32, No.2, pp.205-221, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1080/0369880410001692247
- J. Marshall and C. L. Cooper, The Cause of Managerial Job Stress : A Research Note on Methods and Initial findings, In E. N. Corlett, J. Richardson(ed), Stress Work Design and Productivity, John Wiley & Sons, pp.115-128, 1981.
- C. Maslach, S. E. Jackson, and M. P. Letier, Maslach Burnout Inventory Manual(3rd. ed.). Palo Alto. CA: Consulting Psychologists Press, 1996.
- C. Maslach and S. E. Jackson, Masalch Burnout Inventory Manual(2nd ed.), Palo Alto, CA: Consulting Psychologists Press, 1986.
- C. Maslach, Understanding Burnout: Definitional Issue in Analyzing a Complex Phenomenon, in Job Stress and Burnout: Research, Theory, and Intervention Perspectives, W. S. Pine(Ed.), Beverly Hills, CA; Sage Publications, pp.29-40, 1982.
- R. M. Mechteld, M. A. Visser, M. A. Ellen, F. J. Smets, and C. J. M. Hanneke, "Stress, Satisfaction and Burnout among Dutch Medical Specialists," Canadian Medical Association Journal, Vol.168, No.3, pp.271-275, 2003.
- Miller, Springen, Gordon, Murr, Cohen & Drew. Stress on the Job, Newsweek, Vol. 25, pp.40-45, 1998.
- J. A. Morris and O. C. Feldman, "The Dimensions, Antecedents and Consequences of Emotional Labor," Academy of Management Review, Vol.21, No.4 pp.986-1010, 1996. https://doi.org/10.2307/259161
- B. Perlman and E. A. Hartman, "Burnout; Summary and Future Research," Human Relations, Vol.33, pp.283-305, 1982.
- A. Pines and C. Maslach, "Characteristics of Staff Burnout in Mental Health Settings," Hospital and Community Psychiatry, Vol.29, pp.233-237, 1978.
- A. Rafaeli and R. I. Sutton, "Expression of Emotion as Part of the Work Role," Academy of Management Review, Vol.12, pp.23-37, 1987. https://doi.org/10.2307/257991
- A. R. Rizzo, R. J. House and S. L. Lirtzman, "Role Conflict and Ambiguity in Complex Organizations," Administrative Science Quarterly, Vol.15, pp.150-163, 1970. https://doi.org/10.2307/2391486
- D. R. Rutter and P. J. Fielding, "The Expression of Emotion as Part of the Work Role," Academy of Management Review, 12, 1988.
- M. J. Saxton, J. S. Phillips, and R. N. Blakeney, "Antecedents and Consequences of Emotional Exhaustion in the Airline Reservation Service Sector," Human Relations, Vol.44, pp.553-595, 1991.
- J. R. Scherhorn, J. G. Hunt, and R. N. Osborn, Managing Organizational Behavior, 2nd ed, Jhon Willey & Sons, pp.655-658, 1985.
- R. S. Schuler, "Definition and Conceptualization of Stress in Organizations," Organization Behavior and Human Performance, Vol.25, pp.184-215, 1980. https://doi.org/10.1016/0030-5073(80)90063-X
- D. P. Schulta, Psychology and Industry Today: an Introduction to Industrial and Organization Psychology, 3rd ed, Mcmillan publishing co, pp.444-446, 1982.
- R. L. Schwab and E. F. Iwanicki, "Perceived Role Conflict, Role Ambiguity, and Teacher Burnout," Educational Administration Quarterly, Vol.8, pp.60-74, 1982.
- A. Shirom, Burnout in Work Organizations. in International Review of Industrial of Organizational Psychology, C. L. Cooper and I. Robertson(Eds), New York: Willey, pp.25-48, 1989.
- A. C. Smith and S. Kleinman, "Managing Emotions in Medical School: Students' Contacts with the Living and The Dead," Social Psychology Quarterly, Vol.52, pp.56-59, 1989. https://doi.org/10.2307/2786904
- R. I. Sutton, "Maintaining Norms about Expressed Emotions: The Case of Bill Collectors," Administrative Science Quarterly, Vol.36, 1991.
- Effect of Job Stress on Job Burnout of Nutrition Teachers and Dietitians in School Foodservice vol.28, pp.2, 2012, https://doi.org/10.9724/kfcs.2012.28.2.097
- Effect of Emotional Labor on the Burnout and Organizational Commitment among Flight Attendants vol.13, pp.7, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.07.395
- Study for Effective Factors of Emotional Labor in Radiation Therapist of Radiation Oncology Department vol.15, pp.2, 2013, https://doi.org/10.12812/ksms.2013.15.2.121