- Volume 9 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Development of a Grid-based Framework for High-Performance Scientific Knowledge Discovery
그리드 기반의 고성능 과학기술지식처리 프레임워크 개발
- 정창후 (한국과학기술정보연구원 정보기술연구실) ;
- 최성필 (한국과학기술정보연구원 정보기술연구실) ;
- 윤화묵 (한국과학기술정보연구원 정보기술연구실) ;
- 최윤수 (한국과학기술정보연구원 정보기술연구실)
- Published : 2009.12.28
In this paper, we propose the SINDI-Grid which is a high-performance framework for scientific and technological knowledge discovery using the grid computing. By using the advantages of the grid computing providing data repository of large-volume and high-speed computing power, the SINDI-Grid framework provides a variety of grid services for distributed data analysis and scientific knowledge processing. And the SINDI-Workflow tool exploits these services so that performs the design and execution for scientific and technological knowledge discovery applications which integrate various information processing algorithms.
- P. Brezany, I. Janciak, and A. M. Tjoa, "GridMiner: A Fundamental Infrastructure for Building Intelligent Grid Systems," The 2005 IEEE/WIC/ACM International Conference on Web Intelligence, pp.150-156, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/WI.2005.68
- C. Goble, C. Wroe, and R. Stevens, "The myGrid project: services, architecture and demonstrator," in All Hands Meeting, pp.595-603, 2003.
- S. Alsairafi, F. S. Emmanouil, M. Ghanem, N. Giannadakis, Y. Guo, D. Kalaitzopoulos, M. Osmond, A. Rowe, J. Syed, and P. Wendel, "The Design of Discovery Net: Towards Open Grid Services for Knowledge Discovery," International Journal of High Performance Computing Applications, Vol.17, No.3, pp.297-315, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1177/1094342003173003
- Nhien-An Le-Khac, Tahar Kechadi, and Joe Carthy, "ADMIRE Framework: Distributed Data Mining on Data Grid Platforms," Proceedings of 1st International Conference on Software and Data Technologies, pp.67-72, 2006.
- D. Talia, P. Trunfio, and O. Verta, "The Weka4WS framework for distributed data mining in service-oriented Grids," Concurrency and computation : practice & experience, Vol.20, No.16, pp.1933-1951, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1002/cpe.1311
- A. Congiusta, D. Talia, and P. Trunfio, "Service-oriented middleware for distributed data mining on the grid," Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, Vol.68, No.1, pp.3-15, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpdc.2007.07.007
- D. Talia and P. Trunfio, "How Distributed Data Mining Tasks can Thrive as Services on Grids," In Proc. of National Science Foundation Symposium on Next Generation of Data Mining and Cyber-Enabled Discovery for Innovation, 2007.
- A. Congiusta, D. Talia, and P. Trunfio, "Distributed data mining services leveraging WSRF," Future Generation Computer Systems, Vol.23, pp.34-41, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.future.2006.04.005
- V. Stankovski, J. Trnkoczy, M. Swain, W. Dubitzky, V. Kravtsov, A. Schuster, T. Niessen, D. Wegener, M. May, M. Rohm, and J. Franke, "Digging Deep into the Data Mine with DataMiningGrid," IEEE Internet Computing, pp.69-76, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/MIC.2008.122
- S. P. Choi, S. H. Myaeng, and H. Y. Cho, "Guiding Practical Text Classification Framework to Optimal State in Multiple Domains," Transactions on Internet and Information Systems, Vol.3, No.3, pp.285-307, 2009. https://doi.org/10.3837/tiis.2009.03.005
- S. P. Choi, C. H. Jeong, Y. S. Choi, and S. H. Myaeng, "Relation Extraction based on Extended Composite Kernel using Flat Lexical Features," Journal of KIISE : Software and Applications, Vol.36, No.8, pp.642-652, 2009.
- A. Harrison, I. Wang, I. Taylor, and M. Shields, "WS-RF Workflow in Triana," International Journal of High Performance Computing Applications Special Issue on Workflow Systems in Grid Environments, 2007.
- D. Hull, K. Wolstencroft, R. Stevens, C. Goble, M. Pocock, P. Li, and T. Oinn, "Taverna: a tool for building and running workflows of services," Nucleic Acids Research, Vol.34, Web Server issue, pp.729-732, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1093/nar/gkl320
- I. Altintas, C. Berkley, E. Jaeger, M. Jones, B. Ludascher, and S. Mock, "Kepler: An extensible system for design and execution of scientific workflows," 16th International Conference on Scientific and Statistical Database Management, pp.423-424, 2004.