- Volume 10 Issue 2
This paper deals with the State-Dependent Riccati Equation (SDRE) Technique for the design of rotorcraft waypoint guidance. To generate the flight trajectory through multiple waypoints, we use the trigonometric spline. The controller design and its validation is based upon a level 2 simulation rotorcraft model and the designed SDRE controller is applied to the trajectory tracking problems. To verify the designed guidance law, the simulation environment of high fidelity rotorcraft model is developed using three independent PCs. This paper focuses on the validation of rotorcraft waypoint guidance law which is designed by using SDRE Controller.
Rotorcraft Flight Control;SDRE;Trajectory Generation;Waypoint Guidance
- James R. Cloutier, 1997, "State-Dependent Riccati Equation Techniques: An Overview", Proceeding of the Anerican Control Conference, New Mexico, pp. 932-936. https://doi.org/10.1109/ACC.1997.609663
- Chang-Joo Kim, Sang Kyung Sung, Chang Deok Yang, and Yung Hoon Yu, 2008, "Rotorcraft Trajectory Tracking Using the State-Dependent Riccati Equation Controller", Transaction of the Japan Society for Aeronautical and Space Sciences, Vol. 51, No. 173, pp. 184-192. https://doi.org/10.2322/tjsass.51.184
- W. Langson, A. G. Alleyne, 1997, "Infinite horizon optimal control for a class of nonlinear systems," Proceedings of the American Control Conference, pp. 3017-3022.
- P. K. Menon, T. Lam, L. S. Crawford, V. H. L. Cheng, 2002, "Real-Time Computational Method for SDRE Nonlinear Control of Missiles," Proceedings of the American Control Conference, Anchorage, pp. 232-237. https://doi.org/10.1109/ACC.2002.1024809
- Chang-Joo Kim, Sang Kyung Sung, Soo Hyung Park, and Sung Nam Jung, 2008, "Selection of Rotorcraft Models for Application to Optimal Control Problems", Jounal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, Vol. 31, No. 5, pp. 1386-1399. https://doi.org/10.2514/1.33212
- Alexander Bogdanov, Eric Wan, Geoff Harvey, 2004, "SDRE Flight Control For XCell and R-Max Autonomous Helicopters", 43rd IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, December 14-17, pp. 1196-1203.
- Randal W. Beard, Timothy W. McLain, Michael A. Goodrich, 2002, "Coordinated Target Assignment and Intercept for Unmanned Air Vehicles", IEEE Transactions on Robotics and Automation, Vol. 18, No. 6, pp. 911-922. https://doi.org/10.1109/TRA.2002.805653
- Vedran Bakaric, Zotan Vukic, Radovan Antonic, 2004, "Improved Basic Planar Algorithm of Vehicle Guidance Through Waypoints by the Line of Sight", International Symposium on Control, Communications and Signal Processing, IEEE, pp. 541-544. https://doi.org/10.1109/ISCCSP.2004.1296435
- Nagy M. and T. Vendel, 2000, "Generating curves and swept surfaces by blended circles", Computer Aided Geometric Design, Vol. 17, pp. 197-206. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0167-8396(99)00045-X
- Rodriges, R., F. Leite, and S. Rosa, 2003, "On the generation of a trigonometric interpolating curve in R3 ", 11th International Conference on Advanced Robotics, pp. 1629-1634.
- Chang-Joo Kim, Chul Yong Yun, and Seok Choi, 2005, "Fully Implicit formulation and Its Solution for Rotor Dynamics by Using Differential Algebraic Equation(DAE) Solver and Partial Periodic Trimming Algorithm(PPTA)", 31st European Rotorcraft Forum, Italy.
- Chang Deok Yang, Min Jae Kim, Jung Hwan Lee, Ji Seung Hong and Chang-Joo Kim, 2008, "Research on the Design of Helicopter Nonlinear Optimal Controller using SDRE Technique", The Korean Society for Aeronautical & Space Sciences, Vol. 36, No. 12, pp. 1152-1162. https://doi.org/10.5139/JKSAS.2008.36.12.1152
- H. T. Banks and K. Ito, 1985, "A Numerical Algorithm for Optimal Feedback Gains in High Dimensional LQR Problems", NASA CR178207.
- Numerical Time-Scale Separation for Rotorcraft Nonlinear Optimal Control Analyses vol.37, pp.2, 2014, https://doi.org/10.2514/1.59557