- Volume 10 Issue 2
The paper presents the design, development and testing activities of the multi-rotorcraft-based unmanned aerial vehicle at the Center for Unmanned System Studies, Institut Teknologi Bandung (ITB), Indonesia. The multi-rotor system was selected as the design stepping stone for future development of personal aerial vehicle prototypes. A step-by-step design program is conducted to study the technology building blocks and critical issues associated with the design, development and operation of personal aerial vehicles. A number of multi-rotor configurations have been investigated providing basic guidelines for developing a stable unmanned aerial platform. The benefit of the presently selected configuration is highlighted and some preliminary testing results are presented.
rotorcraft-based unmanned aerial vehicle;personal aerial vehicle
- A. S. Hahn, “Next Generation NASA GA Advanced Concept”, NASA Langley Research Center Report. 2006.
- Scott G. Anders, Scott C. Asbury, Kenneth S. Brentner, Dennis M. Bushnell, Christopher E. Glass, William T. Hodges, Shelby J. Morris, Jr., and Michael A. Scott, “The Personal Aircraft--Status and Issues”, NASA Technical Memorandum 109174. December 1994.
- M. D. Moore, “Personal Air Vehicles: A Rural/ Regional and Intra-Urban On- Demand Transportation System”, AIAA Paper 2003, 2003.
- M. Seidel, C.H. Loch and S. Chalil, “Quo Vadis, Automotive Industry? A Vision of Possible Industry Transformations”, European Management Journal Vol. 23, No. 4, pp. 439–449, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.emj.2005.06.005
- D.N. Marvis and D. DeLaurentis, “Personal Air Vehicle Exploration Tool and Modeling”, NAS3-00179/70884-D, 2002.
- M. D. Moore, “NASA Personal Air Transportation Technologies”, NASA Langley Research Center Report
- RhinoCorps Ltd. Co,” NASA PAV Simulation Effort”, Presented to NASA LARC, 2005.
- L. L. Kohout and P.C. Schmitz, “Fuel Cell Propulsion Systems for an All-Electric Personal Air Vehicle”, NASA/TM–2003-212354, AIAA–2003–2867,2003
- M. Kartidjo, S. A. Nugroho, and R.Parama, “Design and Testing Guide Vanes of Single Rotor Ducted Fan”, International Symposium on Intelligent Unmanned Systems (ISIUS2009), Jeju Island, June 2009.
- A. Budiyono, “Design and Development of Autonomous Uninhabited Air Vehicles at ITB: Challenges and Progress Status”, Paper presented at the Aerospace Indonesia Meeting, Bandung, Indonesia 27 July 2005.
- Muljowidodo, A. Budiyono, and Kurniantoro, “Development of VTOL-UAV”, International Conference on Production and Manufacturing, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, March 2006.
- Muljowidodo and A. Budiyono, “Design and Development of Micro Aerial Vehicle at ITB,” International Conference on Technology Fusion, Seoul, Korea, 17-19 May 2006.
- A. Budiyono, W. Adiprawita, and Muljowidodo, “MEMS-based Inertial Measurement Unit for Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Applications,” 5th International Symposium of Nano Manufacturing, ISNM5, Singapore, January 23-25, 2008.
- T. Sudiyanto, A. Budiyono, and H.Y. Sutarto, “Hardware In-the-Loop Simulation for Control System Designs of Model Helicopter,” Paper presented at the Aerospace Indonesia Meeting, Bandung, Indonesia 27 July 2005.
- Idris E. Putro, A.Budiyono, K.J.Yoon and D.H. Kim, “Modeling of Unmanned Small Scale Rotorcraft based on Neural Network Identification,” IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Biomimetics, Bangkok, Thailand, February 22-24, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/ROBIO.2009.4913297
- A. Budiyono, T. Sudiyanto, and H. Lesmana, “Global Linear Modeling of Small Scale Helicopter,” In Intelligent Unmanned Systems: Theory and Applications. Studies in Computational Intelligence (SCI) series, Springer-Verlag, April, 2009.
- Agus Budiyono, Kwang Joon Yoon, Finley D. Daniel, “Integrated identification modeling of rotorcraft-based unmanned aerial vehicle,” med, pp. 898-903, 2009 17th Mediterranean Conference on Control and Automation, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/MED.2009.5164659
- A. Budiyono, “Onboard Multivariable Controller Design for a Small Scale Helicopter Using Coefficient Diagram Method,” International Conference on Emerging System Technology, Seoul, Korea 19-20 May 2005.
- A. Budiyono, and S.S. Wibowo, “Optimal Tracking Controller Design for A Small Scale Helicopter,” J Bionic Eng., 2007, 04 (04), 271-280. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1672-6529(07)60041-9
- A. Budiyono, and T. Sudiyanto, “Control of Small Scale Helicopter using s-CDM and LQ Design,” In Intelligent Unmanned Systems: Theory and Applications. Studies in Computational Intelligence (SCI) series, Springer-Verlag, April, 2009.