- Volume 10 Issue 2
By the development of recent technology, a new variant of rotorcrafts having four rotors start drawing attention from aerial-robotics engineers more than before. Its potential spans from just being control device test bed to performing difficult task such as carrying surveillance device to unreachable places. In this regards, modeling a quad-rotor is significant in analyzing its dynamic behavior and in synthesizing control system for such a vehicle. This paper summarizes the modeling of a mini quad-rotor aerial vehicle. A first principle approach is considered for deriving the model based on Euler-Newton equations of motion. The result of the modeling is a simulation platform that is expected to acceptably predict the dynamic behavior of the quad-rotor in various flight conditions. Linear models associated with different flight condition can be extracted for the purpose of control synthesis.
- Budiyono, A., Sudiyanto, T. and Lesmana, H., First Principle Approach to Modeling of Small Scale Helicopter. International Conference on Intelligent Unmanned System, ICIUS, Bali, October 24-25, 2007.
- Budiyono, A., Sudiyanto, T. and Lesmana, H., Global Linear Modeling of Small Scale Helicopter . In Intelligent Unmanned Systems: Theory and Applications. Studies in Computational Intelligence (SCI) series, Springer- Verlag, April, 2009.
- David Hyunchul Shim, Hyoun Jin Kim, and Shankar Sastry, Control System Design for Rotorcraft-based Unmanned Aerial Vehicles using Time-domain System Identification, Proceedings of the 2000 IEEE International Conference on Control Applications Anchorage, Alaska, USA September 25-27,2000. https://doi.org/10.1109/CCA.2000.897539
- Idris E. Putro, A.Budiyono, K.J.Yoon and D.H. Kim, Modeling of Unmanned Small Scale Rotorcraft based on Neural Network Identification, IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Biomimetics, Bangkok, Thailand, February 22-24, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/ROBIO.2009.4913297
- Budiyono, A. and Sutarto, H.Y., Linear Parameter Varying Model Identification for Control of Rotorcraft-based UAV, Fifth Indonesia-Taiwan Workshop on Aeronautical Science, Technology and Industry, Tainan, Taiwan, November 13- 16, 2006.
- Agus Budiyono, Advances in Unmanned Aerial Vehicles Technologies, International Symposium on Intelligent Unmanned System, ISIUS2008, Nanjing, China, October 15-18, 2008.
- Castillo, Pedro, and Lozano, Rogelio, and Dzul, Alejandro E.: Modelling and Control of Mini-Flying Machines. Springer. 2005.
- Prouty, Raymond W.: Helicopter Performance, Stability, and Control. Prindle, Weber, & Smith Publishers. 1986.
- Etkin, Bernard, and Reid, Lloyd Duff. Dynamics of Flight Stability and Control. John Wiley & Sons, Inc. 1996.
- Landing Site Searching and Selection Algorithm Development Using Vision System and its Application to Quadrotor vol.23, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1109/TCST.2014.2341214
- System Modeling and Waypoint Guidance Law Designing for 6-DOF Quadrotor Unmanned Aerial Vehicle vol.42, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5139/JKSAS.2014.42.4.305
- Design of Synchronization Controller for the Station-Keeping Hovering Mode of Quad-Rotor Unmanned Aerial Vehicles pp.2093-2480, 2019, https://doi.org/10.1007/s42405-018-0115-2