- Volume 10 Issue 1
The typical aeroelastic analysis for a complex configuration such as a complete aircraft was done using the aerodynamic results of the wing and the structural modes of a complete aircraft; that is, the aerodynamics of a wing of a complete aircraft is assumed to be not much influenced by the body shape. Nevertheless, the body shape can cause a distortion of aerodynamic pressure on the wing surface and it is necessary to investigate the body effect in flutter analysis. In this reseasrch, MGM inverse design method is applied to include the body effect of a wing-body model which disturbs the pressure distribution on the wing surface.
Body Effect;Inverse Design;Transonic Small Disturbance;Flutter
- Malone, J. B., Narramore, J. C., and Sanker, L. N., 1990, "Airfoil Design Method Using the Navier-Stokes Equation", Journal of Aircraft, Vol. 28, No. 3.
- Soemarwoto, B. I., Labrujèere, Th.E., Laban, M., and Yansyah H., 1980, "Inverse Aerodynamic Shape Design for Improved Wing Buffet-onset Performance", NLR-TP-2000-150.
- Kim, D. H., 2000, “Transonic/Supersonic Flutter Analysis of Wings with Control Surface and External Store”, Ph'D Thesis, KAIST, Korea.
- Lee, S. J., Lee, I., and Han, J. H., 2006, "Transonic Flutter Suppression of the 2-D Flap Wing with External Store using CFD-based Aeroservoelasticity ", KASA International Journal, Vol. 1, No. 2.
- Donald, L. L. and Bruce B. E.,1951, Research Memorandum, RM151F07.
- Sung, C. H., Park, S. H., and Kwon, J. H., 2001, “Multigrid Diagonalized ADI Mehod for Compressible Flows,” AIAA Paper 2001-2556.