- Volume 8 Issue 3
Synthesis of Acrylate Binders for Negative Photoresist
네가티브 포토레지스트용 아크릴레이트계 바인더 합성
- Kim, Nan-Soo (Dept. of Applied Chemical Engineering, Korea University of Technology and Education) ;
- Nam, Byeong-Uk (Dept. of Applied Chemical Engineering, Korea University of Technology and Education)
- Published : 2009.09.30
In this study, we synthesized novel UV-curable binders and applied for negative photoresist of display device. First, we synthesized UV-curable binders by radical polymerization with a mixture of Styrene/Methyl methacrylate/Methacrylic acid/Glycidyl methacrylate/N-Cyclohexylmaleimide at a fixed composition. Following the first step, we prepared a negative photoresist mixture optimized with photo sensitive initiator and others for the litho test. And then, we studied resolution and film retention with molecular weight of each binders and numerical value of Alkaline Desolution Rate(ADR). As a result of the litho test, we found that if the novel polymers have same numerical value of ADR, the resolution decreased and the film retention increased with the increasing of molecular weight of photoresist binder.
- Wen-Yen Chiang, Hsin-Te Kuo, “Preparation of trimethylsilyl group containing copolymer for negativetype photoresists that enable stripped by an alkaline solution”, European Polymer Journal, Vol. 38, pp. 1761-1768, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0014-3057(02)00073-3
- Tsuey-Lin Tsai, Chun-Chih Lin, Gia-Luen Guo, Tieh-Chi Chu, “Effects of microwave-assisted digestion on decomposition behavior of polymethyl methacrylate (PMMA)”, Materials Chemistry and Physics, Vol. 108, pp. 382-390, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matchemphys.2007.10.040
- K. Tsuda, “Colour filters for LCDs”, Displays, Vol. 14, pp. 115-124, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1016/0141-9382(93)90078-J
- Elsa Reichmanis, Larry F. Thompson, “Polymers in Microlithography”, ACS series, No. 412, pp. 1-24, 1989.
- R. Balagi, D. Grande, S. Nanjundan, “Photoresponsive polymers having pendant chlorocinnamoyl moieties : synthesis, reactivity ratios and photochemical properties”, Polymer, Vol. 45, pp. 1089-1099, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.polymer.2003.12.026
- Paavo Jalonen, “A new concept for making fine line substrate for active component in polymer”, Microelectronics Journal, Vol. 34, pp. 99-107, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0026-2692(02)00171-4
- Chih-Kang Lee, Trong-Ming Don, Wei-Chi Lai, Chin-Chung Chen, Dar-Jong Lin, Liao-Ping Cheng, “Preparation and properties of nano-silica modified negative acrylate photoresist”, Thin Solid Films, Vol. 516, pp. 8399-8407, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tsf.2008.04.051
- Ram W. Sabnis, “Color filter technology for liquid crystal displays”, Displays, Vol. 20, pp. 119-129, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0141-9382(99)00013-X
- Kazuyuki Sugita, “Application of photodegradable polymers to imaging and microfabrication technologi-es: a review of recent research papers in the last 4 years”, Progress in Organic Coatings, Vol. 31, pp. 87-95, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0300-9440(97)00022-2
- Chun-Chang Wu, Steve Lien-Chung Hsu, Wen-Chang Liao, “A photo-polymerization resist for UV nanoimprint lithography”, Microelectronic Engineeri -ng, Vol. 86, pp. 325-329, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mee.2008.10.013
- S.B. Jung, S.H. Lee and H.W. Lee, “Synthesis and characterization of Novolac resin for semiconductor process”, Journal of Natural Science, Vol. 15, pp. 245-253, 1996.
- Constantinos D. Diakoumakos, Ioannis Raptis, Angeliki Tserepi, Panagiotis Argitis, “Free radical synthesis of narrow polydispersed 2-hydroxyethyl methacrylatebased tetrapolymers for dilute aqueous base developable negative photoresists”, Polymer, Vol. 43, pp. 1103-1113, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0032-3861(01)00672-3
- K. Ueda, S. Shioda, H. Nishijima, T. Mukaiyama, S. Mitsuhashi, “Photosensitive resin composition and color filter”, U.S. Patent No. 6,558,858, 6 May 2003.
- M. Sato, M Iwasaki, F. Shinozaki, K. Inoue, “Image formation method using a photosensitive transfer material”, U.S. Patent No. 5,397,678, 14 Mar. 1995.
- K. Ueda, S. Shioda, H. Nishijima, T. Mukaiyama, S. Mitsuhashi, “Photosensitive resin composition and color filter”, U.S. Patent No. 6,432,614, 13 Aug. 2002.
- K. Nakamura, S. Sega, “High photo-sensitivity curable resin, photo-curable resin composition”, U.S. Patent No. 6,582,862, 24 Jun. 2003.
- T. Sumino, A. Inoue, “Photosensitive resin composition and liquid crystal display color filter”, U.S. Patent No. 6,680,763, 20 Jan. 2004.