- Volume 17 Issue 1
The purpose of this study is possibility of the heavy rainfall prediction using instability index. The convective instability index using this study is Convective Available Potential Energy(CAPE) concerned the growth energy of the storm, Bulk Richardson Number(BRN) concerned the type and strength of the storm, and Sotrm Relative Helicity(SRH) concerned maintenance of the storm. To verify the instability index, the simulation of heavy rainfall case experiment by Numerical Weather Prediction(NWP) model(MM5) are designed. The results of this study summarized that the heavy rainfall related to the high instability index and the proper combination of one more instability index made the higher heavy rainfall prediction.
- 김영철, 손명환, 김윤재, “한반도 기상자료 데이터 베이스 구축”, 국방과학연구소, 1999, 85pp.
- Maddox, R. A., “A methodology for forcasting heavy convective precipitation and flash flooding”, Natl. Wea .Dig., 4, 1979, 30-42.
- Djuric, D., Weather Analysis, Prentice-Hall Inc., 1994, 304 pp.
- Nastrom, D., “Using Hodographs in Thunderstorm Forcasting”, AWS Forcaster Memo, 1992, 17pp.
- Wan-Shu Wu and Douglas K. Lilly, "Helicity and Thermal Convection with Shear", Journal of the Atmospheric Sciences, 49, 1992, 1800-1809. https://doi.org/10.1175/1520-0469(1992)049<1800:HATCWS>2.0.CO;2