- Volume 9 Issue 4
Recently, there has been a trend designing a consistent and uniform regional identity in South Korean provinces as demonstrated by efforts in Chungcheongnam buk-Do. The motivating goals have been to establish an identity for local residents, provide voluntary services, achieve higher value-added business, introduce new management strategies, and establish a local brand through the exportation of local specialties. The by-products of these goals when accomplished include: maintaining a consistent policy, securing governmental economic efficiency of the province, characterizing local culture and improving quality of life. In this study, I tried to find out whether a local logo which is associated with a city plays a core role in the city's identity by comparing each symbol's shape, color and other components which are ways of expressing its meaning. In this respect, I analyzed the type of the Chungcheongnam buk-Do's symbol marks (30) and tried to suggest the desirable direction in developing symbol marks.
Symbol Mark;Brand;Self-Government;City Identity
- http://blog.naver.com/greegoya?Redirect=Log& logNo=20032836840
- http://cafe.naver.com/designass.cafe?iframe_url =/ArticleRead.nhn%3Farticleid=775
- 이충훈, "C.I(City Identity)에 의한 도시이미지 차별화를 위한 연구", 디자인학연구, 제50호, Vol.15, No.4, pp.60-62, 2002.
- 김영식, 정용규, "지방자치단체 C.I의 심볼마크 유사성에 관한 연구", 한국디자인포럼, 제16호, pp.116-118, 2007.
- http://blog.naver.com/yeong6512?Redirect=Log& logNo=40027201017