- Volume 58 Issue 5
A simplified power control technique for electronic ballasts of HID lamps is proposed. This power calculator and controller consist of regular operational amplifiers with some passive elements and form simple add operation circuit. From a mathematical model of designed ballast with proposed power controller, the control performance and stability are analyzed by using Matlab and the results show that the stable starting characteristics and steady state characteristics of HID lamp are appropriately guaranteed. The experimental results of the prototype ballast coincide with the simulation results.
Electronic ballast;HID lamp;Power controller;Adder
- S. Ben-Yaakov and M. Gulko, 'Design and performance of an electronic ballast for high-pressure sodium(HPS) lamps,' IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 44, no. 4, pp. 486-491, Aug. 1997 https://doi.org/10.1109/41.605623
- R. Redl and J. Paul, 'A new high-frequency and high-efficiency electronic ballast for HID lamps: topology, analysis, design, and experimental results,' Proceedings of IEEE Applied Power Electronics Conference - APEC'99, Vol. 1, pp.486-492, 1999 https://doi.org/10.1109/APEC.1999.749726
- T. Liang, K. Su, and W. Fu, 'High Frequency Electrical Circuit Model of Metal-Halide Lamp,' Proceedings of IEEE Applied Power Electronics Conference-APEC'98, pp. 1163-1167, 1998 https://doi.org/10.1109/APEC.1998.654043
- S. Lee and C. Lee, 'Resonant-type electronic ballast for metal halide lamps,' Proceedings of PCIM 2001, pp. 62-69, 2001
- S. Lee and C. Lee, 'A Novel Power Controller for an Electronic Ballast for HID Lamps,' Proceedings of PCIM 2003 Eurpoe, Vol. 47, pp. 579-584, 2003