- Volume 14 Issue 2
A Study on the Optical Properties by Material of Soft Contact Lens
소프트콘택트렌즈의 재료에 따른 광학적 특성에 관한 연구
- Son, Byeong-Ho (Department of Optometry, Konyang University) ;
- Jeong, Ju-Hyun (Department of Optometry, Konyang University)
- Received : 2009.04.28
- Accepted : 2009.06.04
- Published : 2009.06.30
Purpose: Transmittance at UV-visible spectra range was measured to confirm the effect of wet/dry state of commercially available SCL on human eyes. Method: Commercially available five SCLs fabricated by different materials were selected to measure optical properties according to humidity. Results: A relatively high transmittance above about 80% in the visible spectra range of the SCLs were observed. In the UV spectra range, the wet samples showed higher transmittance than those dried except an unusual case. Conclusions: All the samples having a high optical properties in the visible spectra range exhibit a high transmittance in the UV region. Further research will be needed to develop new materials having a sharp absorption edge in the UV spectra range.
- 김봉환, 임현선, 지택상, "안경렌즈의 광학적 성능에 관한 연구", 한국안광학회지, 2(1):31-43(1997).
- 유동식, 문병연, 김도형, 백선옥, "콘택트렌즈의 광투과율 특성 평가", 한국안광학회지, 12(2):37-45(2007).
- 김상문, 심문식, 심현석, 임용무, "비파괴식 검사를 통한 선글라스의 품질에 관한 연구", 한국안광학회지, 6(1):125-131(2001).
- American National Standard for Ophthalmics, "Nonprescription Sunglasses and Fashion Eyewear-Requirements", ANSI Z80.3(1986).
- Jeffery K. Hovis, David Cranton and B. Ralph Chou, "Tinted Lenses and the ANSI Standards for Traffic Signal Transmittances", Optometry and Vision Science, 68(9):750-755(1991). https://doi.org/10.1097/00006324-199109000-00014
- Kostkowski H. J., Saunders R. D., Ward J. F., Popenoe C. H., and Green A. E. S., "Measurement of solar terrestrial spectral irradiance in the ozone cut-off region, in F.E. Nicodemus (ed.), Self Study Manual on Optical Radiation Measurements: Part III-Application", National Bureau of Standars, Gaithersburg, Maryland pp.1-80(1982).