- Volume 12 Issue 3
The purpose of this study was to suggest possibility of adaptation of course-embedded assessment for program outcome in engineering education through literature review on concept, benefits, adaptation process, case study in higher education of course-embedded assessment. The model of course-embedded assessment was given with consideration for each step, that is, set up of program outcomes, check of related courses, selection of assessment tools, set up of performance criteria, implementation of course-embedded assessment, and analysis of results. Some prerequisites were given to set up course-embedded assessment successfully in engineering education field of Korea.
engineering education;program outcome;course-embedded assessment
- Augustine, N & Vest, C. (1994). Engineering Education for A Changing World. ASEE
- Bordogna, J. Fromm, E. and Ernst, EW. (1993). Engineering Education: Innovation Through Integration. Journal of Engineering Education, 82(1), 3-8 https://doi.org/10.1002/j.2168-9830.1993.tb00065.x
- Morningside College. (2005). Classroom Assessment and Course-Embedded Assessment - What's the Difference? 'http://www.morningside.edu/academics/research/assessment/documents/Classroomcourseembedded.pdf'
- Nelson, Charles. (2009). Course-Embedded Assessment. 'http://secondlanguagewriting.com/document s/Course-embedded_assessment.doc'
- 한국공학교육인증원. (2006). KEC2005 인증기준. 'http://abeek.or.kr/'
- ABET. (2007). Criteria for Accrediting Engineeing Programs. 'http://abet.org/Linked%20Documents-UPDATE/Criteria%20and%20PP/E001%2008-09%20EAC%20Criteria%2012-04-07.pdf'
- kelley, Larry. (2002). Using Common Rubrics to Assess the Effectiveness of General Education Course Work Across Disciplines. CSUF/CAPS Assessment Conference California State University, Fullerton
- Office of Academic Planning & Assessment. (2001). Program-Based Review and Assessment;Tools and Techniques for Program Improvement. University of Massachusetts Amherst
- kelley, Larry. (2005). course embedded assessment process. 'http://cai.cc.ca.us/workshops/Course%20Embedded%20Assessment%20Process.doc}
- Gerretson, Helen & Golson, Emily. (2005). Synopsis of the use of course-embedded assessment in a medium sized public university's general education program. The journal of general education, 54(2). 139-146 https://doi.org/10.1353/jge.2005.0020
- Spurlin, J. E. (2007). Assessment method used in undergraduate program assessment. In Felder, R. M. (Eds.), Designing better engineering education through assessment. Stylus Publishing, LLC
- Whitfield, Deborah. (2003). From university wide outcomes to course embedded assessment of CS1. Journal of Computing Science in Colleges, 18(5)
- Kean College. (2005). course-embedded assessment. 'http://www.rose-hulman.edu/IRA/IRA/IR/inair/kean.html'
- Zimmaro, D., Heikes, J & Baumack, L. (2005). Embedded Assessment. 'http://www.utexas.edu/academic/mec'
- Gentemann, Karen & Zhou, Ying. (2005). Course-Embedded Assessment. George Mason University
- Gerretson, Helen & Golson, Emily. (2004). Introducing and Evaluating Course-Embedded Assessment in General Education. Assessment Update, 16(6), 4-6
- Yamayee, Zia A. etc. (2005). Work in Progress - Streamlining Assessment Process in Response to a Successful ABET Visit. ASEE/IEEE Frontier in Education Conference, Indianapolis, IN
- University of Wisconsin Madison. (2008). 'http://www.provost.wisc.edu/assessment/manual/m anual2.html#a2'
- Seminole State College. (2005). Focused Visit on Student Assessment Report. 'http://www.ssc.cc.ok.us/NCDocuments/FocusVisit/ChallengeOne.htm'
Supported by : 한국학술진흥재단