- Volume 8 Issue 2
A Study on Improvement of Linearity and Efficiency Compensation in a Doherty Power Amplifier
Doherty 전력증폭기의 선형성 개선과 효율 보상 방안에 관한 연구
- Published : 2009.04.30
This paper proposes a method which increases the linearity using an improvement mechanism of Doherty power amplifier and compensates the decrement of efficiency due to improvement of linearity. To verify the method, a 20W power amplifier is designed and implemented. Compared with 2-way Doherty power amplifier, the implemented 3-way Doherty power amplifier with class F shows improved linearity about 10dBc and efficiency about 1.5%. Also, efficiency characteristic has been improved about 3.5% compared with the 2-way Doherty power amplifier while maintaining linearity. This results show that the proposed 3-way Doherty power amplifier with class F is shown to be adequate for improvement of efficiency and linearity. It is expected that the proposed amplifier can be used for various wireless communication system amplifiers.
- 한현배, "KT의 부산 u-City 및 인천 IFEZ u-City 구축 사례분석," 한국통신학회지, 제22권, 제7호, pp. 49-66, 2005. 7.
- 정부만, "IT839 정책과 u-City 구현 전략," 한국통신학회지, 제22권, 제7호, pp. 15-25, 2005. 7.
- 지식경제부 성장동력실 정보통신산업정책관 정보통신표준과, 센서/통신 융합기술(USN)분야 제1호 국제표준 우리기술로!, KDI 경제정보센터, 2008. 3.
- S. C. Cripps, RF Power Amplifiers for Wireless Communications, Artech House, 1999.
- Y. Yang, J. Yi, Y. Y. Woo, and B. Kim, "Optimum design for linearity and efficiency of microwave Doherty amplifier using a new load matching technique," Microwave Journal, vol. 44, no. 12, pp. 20-36, Dec. 2001.