- Volume 20 Issue 3
The effect of ankle joint mobilization technique on equilibrium ability in the individuals with supinated foot
회외발에 대한 족관절 관절가동술이 균형능력에 미치는 영향
- Gong, Won-Tae (Department of Physical Therapy, Daegu University) ;
- Ma, Sang-Yeol (Department of Physical Therapy, Gimcheon College) ;
- Kim, Tae-Ho (Department of Physical Therapy, Daegu Health College)
- Published : 2009.05.31
The purpose of this study was to evaluate the influence of ankle joint mobilization on equilibrium ability of supinated foot. Both Joint mobilization group(n=20) and control group(n=20) were measured an equilibrium ability by Balance performance monitor at pre-test, post-test in 2 weeks, post-test in 4 weeks and follow-up test in 2 weeks. The sway area, sway path length and sway maximum velocity of the joint mobilization group were significantly reduced among the experimental period (p<.05). The reduction of sway area, sway path length and sway maximum velocity were significantly different between the joint mobilization group and the control group at in 2 weeks, 4 weeks and follow-up test(p<.05). In conclusion, we were found that ankle joint mobilization could reduce sway area, sway path length and sway max velocity and improve a balance for the individuals with supinated foot.
- 문상은 (2004). <전신조정술>, 정담미디어, 서울.
- 박장성, 최은영, 황태연 (2002). 하지근력강화가 노인의 보행 및 균형능력에 미치는 영향. <대한물리치료사 학회지>, 14, 71-79.
- 이상용, 김한수, 배성수 (2002). 발의 회내, 회외 변화에 따른 슬개대퇴골과 총경골각 측정. <대한물리치료학회지>, 14, 295-305.
- 이성은 (2005). 발목관절 가동범위 증진 프로그램이 노인의 보행과 균형능력 향상에 미치는 효과. <한국전문물리치료학회지>, 12, 28-36.
- 정대인, 이정훈 (2005). 족부에 적용한 스파이랄 테이핑방법에 따른 자세 균형지수의 변화. <한국스포츠리서치>, 16, 431-438.
- 형인혁 (2008). <발의 안정성이 균형과 근활성도에 미치는 영향>, 박사학위논문, 대구대학교, 대구.
- 형인혁, 안목, 김형수 등 (2004). 발목관절 가동술이 목과 어깨의 자세에 미치는 영향. <대한물리치료학회지>, 16, 831-843.
- Baker, S. P. and Harvey, A. H. (1985). Fallinjuries in the elderly. Clinics in Geriatric Medicine, 1, 510-512.
- Brantingham, J. W., Gilbert, J. L. and Shaik, J. (2006). Sagittal plane blockage of the foot, ankle and hallux and foot alignment-prevalence and association with lowback pain. Journal of Chiropractic Medicine, 4, 123-127.
- Cote, K. P., Brunet, M. E., Gansneder, B. M., Shultz and Sandra, J. (2005). Effect of pronated and supinated foot posture on static and dynamic posture stability. Journal Athletic Train, 40, 41-46.
- Eslami, M., Tanaka, C., Hinse, S'ebastien., Farahpour, N. and Allard, P. (2006). Effect of foot wedge positions on lower-limb joints, pelvis and trunk angle variability during single-limb stance. The Foot, 16, 208-213. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foot.2006.07.007
- Franco, A. H. (1987). Pes cavus and pes planus: Analysis and treatment. Journal of Physical Therapy, 67, 688-694. https://doi.org/10.1093/ptj/67.5.688
- Hamill, J. and Knutzen, K. M. (1965). Biomechanical basis of human movement, Williams & Wilkins, Baltimore.
- Hertel, J., Gay, M. R. and Denegar, C. R. (2002). Differences in postural control during single-leg stance among healthy individuals with different foot types. Journal of Arthletic Train, 37, 129-132.
- Horak, F. B. (1987). Clinical measurement of postural control in adults. Journal of Physical Therapy, 67, 1881-1885. https://doi.org/10.1093/ptj/67.12.1881
- Kouzaki, M., Masani, K., Akima, H., Shirasawa, H., Fukuoka, H., Kanehisa, H. and Fukunaga, T. (2007). Effects of 20-day bed rest with and without strength training on postural sway during quiet standing. Acta Physiologica, 189, 279-292. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1748-1716.2006.01642.x
- Lattanza, L., Gray, G. W. and Kantner, R. M. (1988). Closed versus open kinematic chain measurement of subtalar joint eversion: Implications for clinical practice. Journal of Orthopaedic & Sports Physical Therapy, 9, 310-314. https://doi.org/10.2519/jospt.1922.214.171.1240
- Lentell, G. L., Katzman, L. L. and Walters, M. R. (1990). The relationship between muscle function and ankle stability. Journal of Orthopaedic & Sports Physical Therapy, 11, 605-611. https://doi.org/10.2519/jospt.19126.96.36.1995
- Ma, S. Y. Gong, W. T. and Kang, Y. S. (2009). Effects of remedial massage therapy on the pain, grip strength and functional status scale in carpal tunnel syndrome. Journal of the Korean Data & Information Science Society, 20, 97-107.
- Morrison, K. E. and Kaminski, T. W. (2007). Foot characteristics in association with inversion ankle injury. Journal of Athletic Training, 42, 135-142.
- Neumann, D. A. (2002). Kinesiology of the musculosieletal system, Mosby, St. Louis.
- Plisky, M. S., Rauh, M. J., Underwood, F. B., Tank, R. T. and Heiderscheit, B. C. (2007). Medial tibial stress syndrome in high school cross-country runners: Incidence and risk factors. Journal of Orthopaedic & Sports Physical Therapy, 37, 40-47. https://doi.org/10.2519/jospt.2007.2343
- Robbins, S., Waked, E., Allard, P., McClaran, J. and Krouglicof, N. (1997). Foot position awareness in younger and older men: The influence of footwear sole properties. Journal of America Geriatr Soc, 45, 61-66. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1532-5415.1997.tb00979.x
- Sackley, C. M. and Baguley, B. I. (1993). Visual feedback after stroke with the balance performance monitor: Two single-case studies. Clinical Rehabilitation, 7, 189-195. https://doi.org/10.1177/026921559300700302
- Shrader, J. A., Popovich. Jr. J. M., Gracey. G. C. and Danoff. J. V. (2005). Navicular drop measurement in people with rheumatoid arthritis: Interrater and intrarater reliability. Journal of Physical Therapy, 85, 656-664.
- Shultz, S. J., Carcia, C. R., Gansneder, B. M. and Perrin, D. H. (2006). The independent and interactive effects of navicular drop and quadriceps angle on neuromuscular responses to a weight-bearing perturbation. Journal of Athletic Training, 41, 251-259.
- Shumway-Cook, A., Baldwin, M., Polissar, N. L. and Gruber, W. (1997). Predicting the probability for falls in community-dwelling older adults. Journal of Physical Therapy, 77, 812-819. https://doi.org/10.1093/ptj/77.8.812
- Shumway-cook, A. and Horak, F. B. (1990). Rehabilitation strategies for patients with vestibular deficitis. Neurologic Clinics, 8, 441-457.
- Shumway-Cook, A. andWoollacott, M. H. (1995). Motor control theory and practical applications, Willians & Wilkins, Bartimore.
- Twomey, D. (2006). Performance difference between normal and low araced feet in 9-12 years old children, Ph. D. Thesis , School of safety science, Faculty of Science, University of New South Wales.
- Wolfson, L., Whipple, R., Judge, J., Amerman, P., Derby, C. and King, M. (1993). Training balance and strength in the elderly to improve fuction. Journal of America Geriatr Society, 41, 341-343. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1532-5415.1993.tb06716.x
- Wright, D. G., Desai, S. M. and Henderson, W. H. (1964). Action of the subtalar and ankle joint complex during the stance phase of walking. Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, 46, 361-362. https://doi.org/10.2106/00004623-196446020-00010
- Yaggie, J. A. and McGregor, S. J. (2002). Effects of isokinetic ankle fatigue on the maintenance of balance and postural limits. Archives of Physical Medicine Rehabilitation, 83, 224-228. https://doi.org/10.1053/apmr.2002.28032