- Volume 20 Issue 3
This research attempted to find out any implications for strategies to design and develop the connections between the activities of the brain function and the fields of English learning (dictation, word level, speaking, word memory, listening). Thus, in developing the brain based learning model for the English education, attempts need to be made to help learners to keep the whole brain toward learning. On this point, this study indicated the significant results for the exclusive brain location and the brainwaves on the each English learning field by the quantitative EEG analysis. The results of this study presented the guidelines for the balanced development of the left brain and the right brain to train the specific site of the brain connected to the English learning fields. In addition, whole brain training model is developed by the quantitative EEG data not by the theoretical learning methods focused on the right brain training.
- 고영희 (1991). <당신의 양쪽 뇌를 사용하라>, 양서원, 서울.
- 성귀복 (1997). <영어학습과 바람직한 두뇌 기능 활용 방안 연구>, 석사학위논문, 고려대학교, 서울.
- 오해란 (2007). <초등영어 문자교육의 필요성에 관한 뇌과학적 해성>, 석사학위논문, 고려대학교, 서울.
- 이경미 (2004). <대뇌 기능분화를 고려한 어휘지도 연구>, 석사학위논문, 한국교원대학교, 청주.
- 정종진 (2003). <뇌를 알면 학습방법이 보인다>, 장원교육(주), 서울.
- 조주연 (1994). 뇌 가소성이 교육에 주는 시사점 고찰. < 교육학연구>, 32, 23-38.
- Asher, J. (1969). The total physical response approach to second language learning. Modern Language Journal, 53, 33-17. https://doi.org/10.2307/322110
- Genesee, F. (1977), "Is there an optimal age for starting second language instruction-". McGill Journal of Education, 13, 145-154.
- Gupta. P. and MacWhinny, B. (1997). Vocabulary acquisition and verbal short-term memory: Computational and neural bases. Brain and Language, 59, 267-333. https://doi.org/10.1006/brln.1997.1819
- Jasper, H. H. (1958). The ten-twenty electrode system of the international federation. Electroencephalography and Clinical Neurophysiology, 10, 371-375.
- Kwon, H. (2008). Alpha brainwave effects of heart rate and respiration with state-trait anxiety for caption learning. Korean Data & Information Science Society, 19, 133 - 144.
- Kwon, H. and Cho, J. (2007). EEG asymmetry changes by the left and the right SMR brainwave of the computer learning versus the paper and pencil learning. Korean Data & Information Science Society, 18, 1073 - 1079.
- Obler, L. K., Zatorre, R. J., Galloway, L. and Vaid, J. (1982). Celebral lateralization in bilinguals: Methodological issues. Brain and Language, 15, 40-54. https://doi.org/10.1016/0093-934X(82)90045-1
- Wonder, J. and Donovan, P. (1984). Whole-brain thinking, William Morrow & Co., New York.