- Volume 9 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Design and Implementation of Multiple View Image Synthesis Scheme based on RAM Disk for Real-Time 3D Browsing System
실시간 3D 브라우징 시스템을 위한 램 디스크 기반의 다시점 영상 합성 기법의 설계 및 구현
- Published : 2009.05.28
One of the main purpose of multiple-view image processing technology is support realistic 3D image to device user by using multiple viewpoint display devices and compressed data restoration devices. This paper proposes a multiple view image synthesis scheme based on RAM disk which makes possible to browse 3D images generated by applying effective composing method to real time input stereo images. The proposed scheme first converts input images to binary image. We applies edge detection algorithm such as Sobel algorithm and Prewiit algorithm to find edges used to evaluate disparities from images of 4 multi-cameras. In addition, we make use of time interval between hardware trigger and software trigger to solve the synchronization problem which has stated ambiguously in related studies. We use a unique identifier on each snapshot of images for distributed environment. With respect of performance results, the proposed scheme takes 0.67 sec in each binary array. to transfer entire images which contains left and right side with disparity information for high quality 3D image browsing. We conclude that the proposed scheme is suitable for real time 3D applications.
3D Browsing;Image Synthesis;Multiple View;RAM Disk
- 오길록, 3차원 입체영상(3DTV) 방송중계 시범서비스, 정보통신부, 2002.
- 조숙희, 윤국진, 서정일, 안충현, 이수인, "지상파 DMB 기반 3차원 AV 서비스 시스템", Telecommunication Review, 제14권, 제4호, pp.652-665, 2004.
- J.-R. Ohm and K. Muller, "Incomplete 3D - Multiview representation of video objects," IEEE Transaction on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, special issue on SNHC, pp.389-400, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1109/76.752104
- 이광순, 김형남, 허남호, 안충현, "평행축 스테레오 카메라에서의 주시각 제어 방법", 한국방송공학회 학술대회 논문집, pp.297-301, 2002.
- O. Schreer, N. Brandenburg, and P. Kauff, "Real-Time Disparity Analysis for Applications in Immersive Tele-Conference Scenarios - A Comparative Study," Proc. of Int'l Conf. on ICIAP 01, pp.346-351, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICIAP.2001.957033
- S. Laveau and O. D. Faugeras, "3-D Scene Representation as a Collection of Images," Proc. of Int'l. Conf. on Pattern Recognition, pp.689-691, 1994(revised on 2002). https://doi.org/10.1109/ICPR.1994.576404
- H. Klaus, "An Autostereoscopic Display Providing Comfortable Viewing Conditions and a High Degree of Telepresence," IEEE Ttrans. on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, Vol.10, No.3, pp.359-365, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1109/76.836280
- S. Kiyohide, K. Itaru, and O. Yuichi, "3D Image Display with Motion Parallax by Camera Matrix Stereo," IEEE Proc. of MULTIMEDIA '96, pp.349-357, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1109/MMCS.1996.535894
- 허경무, 박영빈, "A Viewpint-Dependent Autostereoscopic 3D Display Method," Proc. of ISIE 2001, 2001.
- Ioannis Pitas, Digital Image Processing Algorithms and applications, Wiley-IEEE, 2000.