- Volume 9 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Color Image Compensation Method using Advanced Image Formation Model and Adaptive Filter
개선된 영상생성 모델과 적응적 필터를 이용한 칼라 영상 보정방법
- Received : 2009.08.05
- Accepted : 2009.10.23
- Published : 2009.12.28
Color rendition method is necessary for improving the low contrast images which are achieved by PDA, mobile phone camera or PC camera. There are some methods for color rendition. However, after correcting the color, image quality degradations, such as graying-out, halo-artifact and color noise, may occur. In order to overcome these problems, this paper proposes a retinex-based color rendition method. The proposed method uses the HSV color coordinate system to avoid the graying-out, and the advanced image formation model to reduce the halo-artifact in which the image is divided into three components as the global illumination, the local illumination, and reflectance. The experiment results show that the proposed method yields better performance of color correction over the conveniently method.
Halo-artifact;Graying-out;Adaptive Smoothing Method;Advanced Formation Model;Color Noise
Supported by : 한국과학재단
- D. J. Jobson, Z. Rahman, and G. A. Woodell, "A Multiscale Retinex for Bridging the Gap between Color Images and The Human Observation," IEEE Trans. Image Process, Vol.6, No.7, pp.965-976, 1997(7). https://doi.org/10.1109/83.597272
- Daniel J. Jobson and Zia-ur Rahman, "Properties and Performance of a Center/Surround Retinex," IEEE Trans. Image Process, Vol.6, No.3, pp.451-492, 1997(3). https://doi.org/10.1109/83.557356
- 최두현, 장익훈, 김남철, "개선된 영상생성 모델에 기반한 칼라 영상 향상," 대한전자공학회 논문지 제43권, 제6호, pp.65-84, 2006(11).
- D. H. Choi, I. H. Jang, M. H. Kim, and N. C. Kim, "Color image enhancement based on single-scale retinex with a JND-based nonlinear filter," in Proc. IEEE Int. Symp. Circuits and Syst., New Orleans, USA, pp.3948-3951, 2007(3). https://doi.org/10.1109/ISCAS.2007.378664
- L. Meylan, D. Alleysson, and S. Süsstrunk, "Model of retinal local adaptation for the tone mapping of color filter array images," J. Opt. Soc. Am. A, Vol.24, No.9, pp.2807-2816, 2007(9). https://doi.org/10.1364/JOSAA.24.002807
- I. S. Jang, K. H. Park and Y. H. Ha, "Color Correction by Estimation of Dominant Chromaticity in Multi-Scaled Retinex," Jurnal of Imaging Science and Technology, Vol.53, No.5, 050502-050502-11, 2009. https://doi.org/10.2352/J.ImagingSci.Technol.2009.53.5.050502
- C. Ke, "Adaptive Smoothing Via Contextual and Local Discontinuities," IEEE Transactions on Pattern analysis and machine intelligence, Vol.27, No.10, pp.1552-1567, 2005(10). https://doi.org/10.1109/TPAMI.2005.190
- Y. K. Park and J. K. Kim, "A New Methodology of Illumination Estimation/Normalization for Robust Face Recognition," IEEE international Conference on image Processing, 2007(9).
- Peter J. Burt and Edward H. Adelson, "The Laplacian Pyramid as a Compact Image Code," IEEE Transaction on communications, Vol.COM-31, No.4, 1983(4). https://doi.org/10.1109/TCOM.1983.1095851
- Alan Watt, 3D Computer Graphics, third edition Addison Wesley, 2000.
- Daniel J. Jobson, Zia-Ur Rahman, Glenna A. Woodell, and Glenn D. Hines, "A Comparison of Visual Statistics for The Image Enhancement of FORESITE Aerial Images with Those of Major image Class," Visual Information Processing XIV, Proc. SPIE, 6246, 2006.