- Volume 9 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Optimal RM Scheduling for Simply Periodic Tasks on Uniform Multiprocessors
유니폼 멀티프로세서 환경에서 단순 주기성 태스크를 위한 최적 RM 스케줄링
- Received : 2009.09.01
- Accepted : 2009.11.05
- Published : 2009.12.28
The problem of scheduling simply periodic task systems upon a uniform multiprocessor is considered. Partitioning of periodic task systems requires solving the bin-packing problem, which is known to be intractable (NP-hard in the strong sense). This paper presents a global scheduling algorithm which transforms a given simply periodic task system into another using a "task-splitting" technique. Each transformed simply periodic task system is guaranteed to be successfully scheduled upon any uniform multiprocessor using a partitioned scheduling algorithm. It is proven that the proposed algorithm achieves the theoretical maximum utilization bound upon any uniform multiprocessor platform.
Grant : 웨어러블 컴페니언 개발 사업
Supported by : 지식경제부
- B. Andersson and E. Tovar, "Multiprocessor Scheduling with Few Preemptions," Proc. of the IEEE International Conference on Embedded and Real-Time Computing Systems and Applications, pp.322-334, 2006(8). https://doi.org/10.1109/RTCSA.2006.45
- B. Andersson and J. Jonsson, "The Utilization Bounds of Partitioned and Pfair Static-Priority Scheduling on Multiprocessors are 50\%", Proc. of the Euromicro Conference on Real-Time Systems, pp.33-40, 2003(7).
- S. Baruah, et al., "Proportionate Progress: A Notion of Fairness in Resource Allocation," Algorithmica, Vol.15, pp.600-625, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01940883
- S. Baruah and Goossens. J, "Rate-Monotonic Scheduling on Uniform Multiprocessors," IEEE Transactions on Computers, Vol.52, pp.966-970, 2003(7). https://doi.org/10.1109/TC.2003.1214344
- H. Cho, B. Ravindran, and E. D. Jensen, "An Optimal Real-Time Scheduling Algorithm for Multiprocessors," Proc. of the IEEE Real-Time Systems Symposium, pp.101-110, 2006(12). https://doi.org/10.1109/RTSS.2006.10
- M. Cirinei and T. P. Baker, "EDZL Scheduling Analysis," Proc. of the Euromicro Conference on Real-Time Systems, pp.9-18, 2007(7).
- S. K. Dhall and C. L. Liu, "On a Real-Time Scheduling Problem," Operations Research, Vol.26, pp.127-140, 1978. https://doi.org/10.1287/opre.26.1.127
- J. R. Ellis, "A new approach to ensuring deterministic processing in a integrated avionics software systems," Proc. IEEE NAECON, pp.756-764, 1985.
- D. Johnson, "Fast Algorithms for Bin Packing," Jounal of Computer and Systems Science, Vol.8, No.3, pp.272-314, 1974. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-0000(74)80026-7
- S. Kato and N. Yamasaki, "Portioned Static-Priority Scheduling on Multiprocessors," Proc. of the IEEE International Symposium on Parallel and Distributed Processing, pp.1-12, 2008(4). https://doi.org/10.1109/IPDPS.2008.4536299
- S. Kato and N. Yamasaki, "Real-Time Scheduling with Task Splitting on Multiprocessors," Proc. of the IEEE International Conference on Embedded and Real-Time Computing Systems and Applications, pp.441-450, 2007(8). https://doi.org/10.1109/RTCSA.2007.61
- C. L. Liu and J. W. Layland, "Scheduling algorithms for multi-programming for a hard real-time environment" JACM, Vol.20, No.1, pp.46-61, 1973(1). https://doi.org/10.1145/321738.321743
- Jane W. S. Liu, Real-Time Systems, Prentice-Hall, 2000.
- A. K. Mok, "Fundamental Design Problems of Distributed Systems for Hard-Real-Time Environment," PhD thesis, Laboratory for Computer Science, Massachusetts Inst. of Technology, 1983, Technical Report No. MIT/LCS/TR-297.