- Volume 9 Issue 12
As the multimedia technology has become in popular, many software packages that are for using those multimedia contents have also been developed. Directshow is a media framework which makes the development of such multimedia software simple, quick and regular process. In the Directshow, data are processed through the connections between filters. In general, Filtergraph is utilized to be set as 'Intelligent Connection' for filter connection. However, when we use this 'Intelligent Connection' option, they can show non-expected results or fail to connect with filter's pins together. So in this paper, we propose non-necessary filter cut-off method for connecting only just wanted filters. There are two methods such as inner filter cut-off method and outer filter one. The inner filter cut-off method is good at connection's compatibility and able to quickly connect with each other filter. But in the outer filter cut-off method, filter source is not necessary and connection is exactly done with other filter. In the end, we propose Directshow based filter cut-off model which compose of wanted filter connection and minimize error probability, through mixing up the advantages of two filter cut-off methods.
- A. Dasu and S. Panchanathan, "A Suvey of Media Processing Approaches", IEEE Transactions on Circuit and System for Video Technology, Vol.12, pp.633-645, 2002(8). https://doi.org/10.1109/TCSVT.2002.800866
- Microsoft DirectX SDK 9.0 Document.
- Z. Fan and L. Bo, "DirectShow Based Internet Video On Demand System", Microwave and Millimeter Wave Technology, ICMMT 2008 International Conference, Vol.4, pp.2077-2088, 2008(4).
- 김대진, 최홍섭, "휴대용 멀티미디어 디바이스를 위한 TPO(Time, Place, Occasion)-Shift 시스템 설계에 대한 연구", 한국컴퓨터정보학회논문지, 제14권, 제2호, pp.9-16, 2009(2).
- 김대진, 최홍섭, "사용자 맞춤형 채널 관리를 이용한 다운로드 기반의 IPTV 시스템 제안", 한국디지털콘텐츠학회논문지, 제10권, 제1호, pp.61-71, 2009(3).