- Volume 9 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
The Online Game Coined Profanity Filtering System by using Semi-Global Alignment
반 전역 정렬을 이용한 온라인 게임 변형 욕설 필터링 시스템
- Received : 2009.07.17
- Accepted : 2009.10.30
- Published : 2009.12.28
Currently the verbal abuse in text message over on-line game is so serious. However we do not have any effective policy or technical tools yet. Till now in order to cope with this problem, the online game service providers have accumulated a set of forbidden words and applied this list on the textual word used in on-line game, which is called 'Swear filter'. But young on-line game players easily avoid this filtering method by coining another words which is not kept in the list. Especially Korean is very easy to make new variations of a vulgar word. In this paper, we propose one smart filtering algorithm to identify newly coined profanities. Important features of our method include the canonical form transformation of coined profanities, semi-global alignment between in the level of consonant and vowel units. For experiment, we have collected more than 1000 newly coined vulgar words in on-line gaming sites and tested these word against our methods. where our system have successfully filtered more than 90% of those newly coined vulgar words.
Profanity;Korean Language Processing;Information Retrieval;Alignment
Supported by : 한국학술진흥재단
- 한국게임산업진흥원, 게임언어 건전화 지침서 연구, 2008.
- C. Lai "An empirical study of three machine learning methods for spam filtering," Know.-Based Syst, Vol.20, No.3, pp.249-254, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.knosys.2006.05.016
- 박교현, 이지형, "SVM을 이용한 온라인게임 비속어 필터링 시스템", 2006년도 한국정보과학회 가을 학술발표논문집, 제33권, 제2(B)호, pp.260-263, 2006.
- G. Kondrak, "Identifying cognates by phonetic and semantic similarity," In Second Meeting of the North American Chapter of the Association For Computational Linguistics on Language Technologies 2001, pp.1-8, 2001.
- A. Ramachandran, N. Feamster, and S. Vempala, "Filtering spam with behavioral blacklisting," In Proceedings of the 14th ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security, pp.342-351, 2007.
- D. Shekhar, "Designing a vulgarity filtering system," in Game Programming Gems 5. 2005, Charles River Media, 2005.
- (주)아이모션, "음절결합 정보를 이용한 음란/비속어 차단시스템", 특2001-0067853, 2001.