- Volume 9 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Analysing and Producing Interactive Art Works based on Efficient Semantics Flow Framework
효율적 의미전달 체계에 기반한 인터랙티브 아트 분석
- Received : 2009.07.24
- Accepted : 2009.10.16
- Published : 2009.12.28
In this thesis, for analysis of efficient semantics flow frameworks with creative designing of interaction, we propose three elements: coincidence with intuition and common sense, self-leading activeness, and diversity of control parameters. Through analysis of my interactive art works, it is shown that the three proposed qualitative measures for interactive flow analysis are very useful evaluation measures for efficient semantics flows of interactive art works. In the experiments for this analysis, we measured the duration of each action-response feedback, the enjoyment duration of each entire art work, and the number of different types of interactions. The proposed qualitative measures can be used to design models for new interactive art works, as well as for the evaluating framework for existing art works.
Interaction;Intuition and Common Sense;Leading-activeness
- Mark Tribe, 역저 황철희, 뉴미디어 아트(베이식아트 시리즈), 마로니에북스, 2008.
- A. P. Fishwick, Aesthetic Computing, The MIT Press, pp.355-422, 2006.
- D. A. Norma, The Design of Future Things, New York: Basic Books, pp.56-200, 2007.
- J. Bird and A. Webster, "The Blurring of Art and Alife," In A. Dorin (Editor) Proc. of Second Iteration, pp.38-46, 2001.
- A. Dorin, "Aesthetic Fitness and Artificial Evolution for the Selection of Imagery from the Mythical Infinite Library," 6th European Conference on Artificial Life, Prague, Springer Verlag, pp.10-14, 2001(9).
- http://jcmc.indiana.edu/vol3/issue2/lombard.ht m.
- D. B. Anderson and M. A. Casey, "The sound dimension,, IEEE Spectrum, Vol.34, No.3, pp.46-51, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1109/6.576008
- W. Barfield and S. Webhorst, "The sense of presence within virtual environments: A conceptual framework," Proc. of the fifth International Conference of Human-Computer Interaction, pp.699-704, 1993.
- T. Kim, Effects of presence on memory and persuasion, Unpublished doctoral dissertation, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, 1996.
- J. Short, E. Williams, and B. Christie, The social psychology of telecommunications, London: Wiley Pub., 1976.
- R. Nakatsu, N. Tosa, and T. Ochi, "Interactive movie system with multi-person participation and anytime interaction capabilities," In: Proc. of the 6th ACM International conference on Multimedia: Technologies for interactive movies, pp.2-10, 1998.
- R. M. Held and N. I. Durlach, "Telepresence," Presence, Vol.1, No.1, pp.109-112, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1162/pres.19126.96.36.199
- B. E. Stein and M. A. Meredith, The merging of senses. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press, 1993.
- L. Wang, W. Hu, and T. Tan, "Recent Developments in Human Motion Analysis," Pattern Recognition, Vol.36, No.3, pp.585-601, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0031-3203(02)00100-0
- G. Luftus and E. F. Loftus, Mind at Play, Basic Books Pub. 1983.