- Volume 9 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Potential Effects of Organizational Fairness on Organizational Effectiveness: Based on Moderating Effects from the Collectivism Propensity of Construction Site Managers
조직공정성이 조직유효성에 미치는 영향: 건설현장 관리자의 집단주의 성향에 대한 조절효과를 중심으로
- Received : 2009.10.23
- Accepted : 2009.11.16
- Published : 2009.12.28
The purpose of this study was to determine potential moderating effects on organizational fairness and one's collectivism propensity as determinants of organizational effectiveness of construction site managers. In particular, this study sought to verify if site managers' collectivism propensity could have moderating effects on relationships between organizational fairness and organizational effectiveness, so that it could find out the importance of moderating effects on organizational fairness and site managers' collectivism propensity. In order to meet these goals, this study selected organizational fairness as a factor that affects organizational effectiveness. Organizational fairness can be divided broadly into distributive fairness and procedural fairness. And this study also selected organizational commitment and job satisfaction as variables of organizational effectiveness, which result from organizational fairness and collectivism propensity of site manager. Moreover, this study selected the collectivism propensity of site manager as a variable that moderates potential effects on organizational fairness and effectiveness. As a result, this study could come to the following findings in detail: First, it was found that organizational fairness had significant effects on organizational effectiveness, which was demonstrated in the result of relevant hypothesis test. Secondly, it was found that construction site managers' collectivism propensity had no moderating effect upon relationships between organizational fairness and effectiveness.
Organizational Justice;Organizational Effectiveness;Collectivism
- 정범구, "조직공정성의 설명모델에 대한 이론적 고찰", 군산대학교 산업개발연구소, 제14권, pp.83-97, 1995.
- 서재현, "조직공정성이 조직몰입과 인식된 조직적 지원에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구", 한국산업경영학회, 제12권, 제3호, pp.43-65, 1997.
- 신유근, 인간존중의 경영, 다산출판사, 1997.
- 이재훈, "조직공정성과 임파워먼트가 조직몰입에 미치는 영향", 한국산업경영학회, 제13권, 제1호, pp.253-272, 1998.
- 임준철, 윤정구, "분배공정성과 절차공정성이 직무만족과 조직몰입에 미치는 차별적 영향에 관한 연구 : 문화적 맥락이 조직성원의 행위성향에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구", 경영학연구, 제27권, 제1호, pp.93-111, 1998.
- 서재현, "조직공정성이 조직후원인식에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구", 한국경영학회, 제29권, 제3호, pp.451-472, 2000.
- 안관영, 이병직, "집단주의 성취욕구가 조직시민 행동에 미치는 영향에 대한 조절효과", 경영학연구, 제31권, 제5호, pp.1311-1334, 2002.
- 조영호, 조윤형, 안지혜, "조직구성원의 집합주의 성향과 심리적 계약에 관한 연구", 학국심리학회지, 제15권, 제3호, pp.89-111, 2002.
- 김희철, "분배 및 절차공정성의 차별적 효과와 상호작용 공정성의 조절효과", 한국인사관리학회, 제29권, 제3호, pp.67-94, 2005.
- 남호현, "변혁적.거래적 리더십이 조직시민행동에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구", 전북대학교, 2006.
- 대한건설협회, "완성공사원가구성분석", 건설정보, 제3권, 2008.
- G. Hofstede, Culture's Consequences : International Differences in Work-Related Values, Sage Publications, 1980.
- G. S. Leventhal, "What should be done with equity theory? New approaches to the study of fairness in social relationship," In K. J. Gergen, M. S. Greenberg, and R. H. Willis (Eds.), social exchange: Advances in theory and research, New York: Plenum, pp.27-55. 1980.
- R. T. Mowday, L. W. KPorter, and R. M. Steers, Employee-organization linkages: the psychology of commitment absenteeism, and turn-over, San Diego, CA. Academic Press. 1982.
- J. A. Wagner III and M. K. Moch, "Individualism-collectivism; Concept and Measure," Group and Organization Studies, Vol.11, pp.280-304, 1986. https://doi.org/10.1177/105960118601100309
- J. L. Price and C. W. Mueller, Absenteeism and Turnover of Hospital Employees, JAI Press, Greenwich, CT, 1986.
- R. Folger and M. A. Konovsky, "Effects of procedural and distributive justice on reactions to pay raise decisions," Academy of Management Journal, Vol.32, pp.115-130, 1989. https://doi.org/10.2307/256422
- J. Greenberg, "Looking Fair vs. Being Fair : Managing Impression of Organizational Justice," In B. M. Staw and L. L. Cummings(eds.), Research in Organization Behavior, Vol.12, pp.111-157, Greenwich, CT : JAI Press. 1990.
- N. J. Allen and J. P. Meyer, "The Measurement and Antecedents of Affective, continuance, Normative Commitment," Journal of Occupational Psychology, Vol.63, pp.1-18, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.2044-8325.1990.tb00506.x
- H. C. Triandis, C. McKuster and C. H. Hui, "Multimethod Probes of Individualism and Collectivism," Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Vol.59, pp.1006-1020, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-3522.214.171.1246
- L. R. Gomez-Mejia and T. Welbourne, "Compensation Strategies in Global Context," Human Resource Planning, Vol.14, pp.29-41, 1991.
- R. H. Moorman, "Relationship between organizational justice and organizational citizenship behaviors : Do fairness perceptions influence employee citizenship," Journal of Applied Psychology, Vol.76, pp.845-855, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.76.6.845
- D. B. McFarlin and P. D. Sweeney, "Distributive and procedural justice as predictors of satisfaction with personal and organizational outcomes," Academy of Management Journal, Vol.35, pp.626-637, 1992. https://doi.org/10.2307/256489
- P. C. Earley, "East meet west meets mideast : further explorations of coliectivistic and individualistic work groups," Academy of Management Journal, Vol.34, pp.319-348, 1993.
- P. C. Earley, "Taking stock in our progress on individualism-collectivism : 100 years of solitarity and community," Journal of Management, Vol.24, pp.265-304, 1998.
- N. Ramamoorthy and P. C. Flood, "Employee Attitudes and Behavioral Intentions : A Test of the Main and Moderation Effects of Individualism-Collectivism Orientations", Human Relations, Vol.55, pp.1071-1096, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1177/0018726702055009020