- Volume 9 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Kinematic Difference between the Lower Limb Joints and the Lower Extremities Given Elderly Women's Walking through the Lower-limb Resistance Exercises
하지 저항운동을 통한 여성고령자 보행 시 하지관절 및 분절의 운동학적 차이
- 서세미 (서울여자대학교)
- Received : 2009.09.02
- Accepted : 2009.09.28
- Published : 2009.12.28
The purpose of this study is to offer basic data for the fall prevention by analyzing the kinematic difference between the lower limb joints and the lower extremities in elderly people's walking given the lower-limb resistance exercises. For this, three-dimensional image analysis was carried out by selecting 7 elderly women from over 70s to under 80 years old. To obtain the three-dimensional location coordinates in the lower limb joints and the lower extremities, it shot with 100Hz/s by using MCU(Qualisys, Sweden) camera. The shot image gained raw data on the location coordinates by using QTM(Qualisys, Sweden). As a result of calculating three-dimensional angle by using program of Matlab 6.5, the following conclusions were obtained. Flexion and extension in the thigh and the lower-leg extremities were indicated to be big in motion of flexion after exercising at E5. Foot segment indicated statistical difference while showing eversion at E4. Knee joints showed flexion at E4 after exercising. Ankle joints showed statistical difference while indicating motion in inversion at E3 and in eversion at E4(p<.05).
Lower Extremity Joint;Lower Limb Joint;Flexion & Extension;Internal & External Rotatio;Inversion & Eversion
Supported by : 서울여자대학교 자연과학연구소
- 김상우, 배윤정, "유산소운동을 병행한 근력운동이 노인의 체력과 성호르몬에 미치는 영향", 한국체육학회지, 제41권, 제1호, pp.447-490, 2002.
- S. R. Lord, R. D. Clark, and I. W. Webster, " Physical factors associated with falls in an elderly population," J. of American Geriatrics Society, Vol39, pp.1194-1200, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1532-5415.1991.tb03574.x
- C. L. Leibson, A. Toteson, S. E. Gabriel, J. E. Ransom, and J. L. Melton, "Mortality, disability, and nursing home use for persons with and without hip fracture: a population-based study," J. of the American Geriatrics Society, Vol.50, No.1, pp.644-50, 2002.
- K. H. Kang, H. C. Jeong, and M. Y. Jeon, "A survey study on fall-related fracture in hospitalized elderly patient," J. of Keukdong College, pp.251-264, 1999.
- M. C. Nevitt, Falls in the elderly: risk factors and prevention, In: Masden JC, et al. Eds. Gait disorders of aging: Falls and therapeutic strategies, New York, Lippincott-Raven, 1997.
- J. W. Runge, "The cost of injury," Emergency Medicine Clinics North America, Vol.11, No.1, p.241, 1993.
- 전미양, 낙상 예방 프로그램이 양로원 여서 노인의 보행, 균형 및 근력에 미치는 효과, 박사 학위논문 서울대학교 대학원, 2001.
- M. E. Tinetti, T. F. Williams, and R. Mayewski, "Fall risk index for elderly patients based on number of chronic disabilities," American Journal Medicine, Vol.80, No.3, pp.429-434, 1986. https://doi.org/10.1016/0002-9343(86)90717-5
- L. I. Wolfson, R. Whipple, and P. Amerman, "Stressing the postural response: a quantitative method for resting balance," J. of American Geriatric Society, Vol.335, pp.845-846, 1986.
- J. E. Hinman, D. A. Cunningham, P. A. Rechnitzer, and D. H. Paterson, "Age-related changes in speed of walking," Medicine Science Sports Exercise, Vol.20, pp.161-166, 1988. https://doi.org/10.1249/00005768-198820020-00010
- D. C. Kerrigan, M. K. Todd, U. D. Croce, L. A. Lipsitz, and J. J. Collndent, "Biomechanical gait alterations independent of speed in the healthy elderly: Evidence for specific limiting impairments," Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Vol.79, pp.317-322, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0003-9993(98)90013-2
- G. M. Gehlsen, M. H. Whaley, "Falls in the elderly: part II. Balance, strength and flexibility," Archives Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Vol.71, pp.739-741, 1990.
- E. M. Mills, "The effect of low-intensity aerobic exercise on muscle strength, flexibility and balance among sedentary elderly persons," Nursing Research, Vol.43, No.4, pp.207-211, 1994.
- M. Gross, P. Stevenson, S. Charette, G. Pyka and R. Marcus, "Effect of muscle strength and movement speed on the biomechanics of rising from a chair in healthy elderly and young women," Gait and Posture, Vol.8, pp.175-85, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0966-6362(98)00033-2
- O. MacRae, M. Lacourse, and R. Modavon, "Physical performance measures that predict faller status in community-dwelling older adults," The Journal of Orthopedic & Sports Physical Therapy, Vol.16, pp.123-128, 1992. https://doi.org/10.2519/jospt.19220.127.116.11
- A. Patla and S. Rietdyk, "Visual control of limb trajectory during locomotion: effect of obstacle height and width," Gait and Posture, Vol.1, pp.45-60, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1016/0966-6362(93)90042-Y
- M. E. Tinetti, J. Doucette, E. Claus, and R. Marottoli, "Risk factors for serious injury during falls by older persons in community," J. of the American Geriatrics Society, Vol.43, pp.1214-1221, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1532-5415.1995.tb07396.x
- M. J. Bendall, E. J. Massey, and M. B. Pearson, "Factors affecting walking speed of elderly people," Age Ageing, Vol.18, pp.327-332, 1989. https://doi.org/10.1093/ageing/18.5.327
- R. I. Elble, S. S. Thomas, and C. Higgins, "Stride-dependent changes in gait of older people", J. of Neurology, Vol.46, pp.1-5, 1991.
- F. J. O. G. Imms, "Studies of gait and mobility in the elderly," Age Ageing, Vol.10, pp.147-156, 1981. https://doi.org/10.1093/ageing/10.3.147
- B. E. Maki, "Gait changes in older adults: predictors of falls or indicators of fear," J. of American Geriatric Society, Vol.45, pp.313-20, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1532-5415.1997.tb00946.x
- S. Mathias, U. S. L. Nayak, and B. Lssacs, "Balance in elderly patients: The "Get-up and Go test," Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, pp.87-389, 1986.
- A. Gabell, USL. Nayark, The effect of age on age on variability in gait, H Gerontol. 39: pp.662-666, 1984. https://doi.org/10.1093/geronj/39.6.662
- W. W. Spirduso, K. Francis, and P. MacRac, Physical dimensions of aging, Champaign(2nd ed), IL:Human Kinetics, 2005.
- Morse, "High-frequency stabilization and high-order harmonic generation of an excited Morse oscillator under intense fields," Physiology Rev A, Vol.48, No.5, pp.3995-3998, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevA.48.3995
- M. F. Borchelt and E. Steinhagen-Thiessen, "Physical performance and sensory functions as determinants of independence in activities of daily living in the old and the very old," The ANNALS of the merican Academy of political and Social Science, Vol.26, No.673, pp.350-361, 1992.
- A. Young, M. Stockes, and M. Growe, "The size and strength of the quadriceps muscle of and young man," Clinical Physiology, Vol.5, pp.145-154, 1986.
- M. E. Tinetti, "A performance-oriented assessment of mobility problem in elderly patients," J. of American Geriatric Society, Vol.34, pp.199-226, 1986. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1532-5415.1986.tb04203.x
- D. M. Buchner, S. A. Beresford, E. B. Larson, A. Z. LaCroix, and E. H. Wagner, "Physical performance and sensory functions as determinants of independence in activities of daily living in the old and the very old," The ANNALS of the merican Academy of political and Social Science, Vol.26, No.673, pp.350-361, 1992.
- M. Brown and J. O. Holloszy, "Effects of low intensity exercise program on selected physical performance characteristics of 60-to 71-year olds," Aging(milano). Vol.3, No.2, pp.129-139, 1991.
- D. E. Krebs, A. M. Jette, and S. F. Assmann, "Moderate exercise improves gait stability in disabled elders," Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Vol.79, No.12, pp.1489-95, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0003-9993(98)90408-7
- J. Schlicht, D. Camaione, and S. Owen, "Effect of Intense Strength Training on Standing Balance, Walking Speed, and Sit-to-Stand Performance in Older Adults," J. of Gerontology Society A, 56A, Vol5, M281, 2001.
- 정덕조, 주기찬, "탄성밴드를 이용한 저항 운동 프로그램이 고령 여성의 활동체력 증진에 미치는 영향", 운동과학, 제12권, 제2호, pp.253-265, 2003.
- T. Liu-Ambrose, K. M. Khan, J. J. P. A. Eng, S. R. Lord, and H. A. Mckay, "Resistance and agility traing reduce fall risk in women aged 75 to 85 with low bone mass: a 6-month randomized, controlled trial," J. of the American Geriatrics Society, Vol.525, pp.657-665, 2004.
- 이정호, 서정석, 은선덕, "노인여성 관절염 환자의 보행시간에 따른 지면반력의 특성", 한국운동역학회지, 제17권, 제2호, pp.75-82, 2007.
- 윤석훈, 김태삼, 이재훈, 류지선, 권영후, "전, 후방 기울기각을 이용한 노인의 보행안정성 평가", 한국운동역학회지, 제17권, 제4호, pp.99-106, 2007. https://doi.org/10.5103/KJSB.2007.17.4.099
- 이승주, 김석희, 박양선, 김종균, "여성 노인이 낙상유무가 보행패턴, 신체기능, 그리고 하지근력에 미치는 영향", 한국체육학회지, 제46권, 제2호, pp.369-378, 2007.
- 전경규, 박광동, 박세환, 강영석, 김대근, "낙상경험 여성노인의 하지 분절 각도와 근전도 차이", 한국운동역학회지, 제19권, 제2, pp.245-255, 2009. https://doi.org/10.5103/KJSB.2009.19.2.245
- 남상남, 최규환, "노인의 넘어짐에 영향을 미치는 요인", 한국체육학회지, 제42권, 제6호, pp.749-757, 2003.
- 윤석훈, "24주간 보행운동이 여성노인의 장애물 극복보행의 운동학적 변인에 미치는 영향", 한국체육학회지, 제46권, 제4호, pp.485-493, 2007.
- 이중숙, 양정옥, 이범진, 박상묵, "12주간 복합운동이 여성 노인의 족저압력에 미치는 영향", 한국운동역학회지, 제19권, 제1호, pp.117-126, 2009. https://doi.org/10.5103/KJSB.2009.19.1.117
- NCIPC, "Costs of Falls Among Older Adults. Retrieved March 1, 2006, from http://cdc.gov/ncipc/factshets/fallcost.htm.
- B. T. Bates, B. H. Haven, Effects of fatigue on mechanical characteristics of highly skilled female runners, In Biomechanic IV, Nelson & Morehouse(Eds.), pp.121-125, 1973.
- V. T. Inman, H. J. Ralston, F. Todd, Human locomotion. In: J. Rose and J. G. Gamble(Eds.), Human Walking(2nd edition) 1-22.Baltimore, MD: Williams and Wilins, 1994.
- 류지선, "노인 보행 시 발과 경골 Coupling 패턴과 Variability", 한국체육학회지, 제45권, 1호, pp.747-756, 2006.
- Phillip Page, S. Todd, Ellendecker, The Scientific and Clinical Application of Elastic Resistance. 대한 미디어, 2004.
- B. C. Heiderscheit, J. Hamill, and R. E. A. Van Emmerik, "Variability of stride characteristics and joint coordination among individuals with unilateral patellofemoral pain," J. of applied biomechanics, No.18, pp.110-121, 2002.
- M. E. Tinetti, and M. Speechley, "Preventon of falls among the elderly," J. of Medicine, Vol.320, pp.1055-1059, 1989.
- J. S. Tobis, R. Friis, and S. Reinsch, "Impaired strength leads to falls in the community," J. of Gerontology, Vol.29, pp.256A-257A, 1989.
- R. H. Whipple, L. I. Wolfson, and P. M. Amerman, "The relationship of knee and ankle weakness to falls in nursing home resident: An isokinetic study," J. American Geriatric Society, No.5, pp.13-20, 1987.
- M. Brown, D. R. Sinacore, and H. H. Host, "The relationship of strength to function in the older adult,",\ J. of Gerontology, Vol.50, pp.55-59, 1995.
- M. C. Nevitt, Falls in the elderly: risk factors and prevention, In: Masden JC, et al. Eds. Gait disorders of aging: Falls and therapeutic strategies," New York, Lippincott-Raven, 1997.
- M. P. Murray, R. C. Kory, and B. H. Clarksin, "Walking patterns in healthy old men," J. of Gerontology, Vol.24, pp.169-178, 1969. https://doi.org/10.1093/geronj/24.2.169
- D. A. Winter, A. E. Patla, and K. S. Frank, "Biomechanical walking pattern changes in the fit and healthy elderly," Physical Therapy, Vol.70, No.6, pp.340-347, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1093/ptj/70.6.340
- 윤승호, 김봉옥, 임상 보행 분석, 도서출판 세진기획, 1994.
- 임비오, 성인 남자들의 연령별 보행 형태 분석, 서울학교 대학원 석사학위논문, 1995.
- R. W. Bohannon, "Gait performance of hemiparetic stroke patient: Selected variables," Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Vol.68, pp.777-800, 1987.
- T. Shimba, "An estimation venter of gravity from force platform data," J. of Biomechanic, Vol.17, pp.53-60, 1984. https://doi.org/10.1016/0021-9290(84)90080-0
- B. Hintermann, B. M. Nigg, C. Sommer, G. K. Cole, "Transfer of movement between calcaneus and tibia in vitro," Clinical Biomechanics, Vol.9, pp.349-355, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1016/0268-0033(94)90064-7
- S. James, B. Bates, and L. Osternig, "Injuries in running Am', J. of Sports Medicine, Vol.6, pp.40-50, 1978. https://doi.org/10.1177/036354657800600202
- 박주희, 보행 시 노인과 성인의 하지분절운동 Variability, 한국체육대학교 대학원 석사학위논문, 2005.
- 김로빈, 보행 시 속도와 보폭 변화에 따른 하지관절의 운동역학적 분석. 연세대학교 대학원 박사학위논문, 2000.
- 김로빈, 최지영, 신제민, "보행속도와 보폭와 보폭변화가 하지관절 움직임에 미치는 영향", 한국체육학회지, 제40권, 제4호, pp.997-1009, 2001.