- Volume 9 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
The Efficacy of Fluorograb for Paediatric Patients Dose Reduction during Pneumatic Reduction and Voiding Cystourethrography(VCUG)
영.유아의 배뇨성 방광-요도 조영술 및 방사선 공기 주입 정복술시 피폭선량 경감을 위한 fluorograb의 유용성
- Received : 2009.09.15
- Accepted : 2009.11.05
- Published : 2009.12.28
The Pneumatic Reduction and VCUG (Voiding Cystourethrography) are commonly used in the paediatric age group. The procedures had a particularly long fluroscopic screening time, despite a successful outcome for paediatric patients. Pneumatic Reduction and VCUG almost invariably requires fluoroscopic guidance which does confer a radiation dose. This article contains suggestions on how the radiation dose to paediatric patients from Pneumatic Reduction and VCUG can be made "as low as reasonably achievable" (ALARA). The aim of our study was eliminated in spot image applying the FluoroGrab, which has function of capturing an image of interest area from the picturing while fluoroscopic procedures. FluoroGrab has clinical value equivalent to the spot image, and is applied to the most recent fluoroscopic procedures. The radiologist and the radiographers should consider new option for decreasing the radiation exposure delivered to paediatric patients by making equipment modifications to the fluoroscopy to optimize radiation exposure reduction techniques. Thus, we propose the FluoroGrab instead of spot exposure for the reduction of patient exposure dose in paediatric, and try to confirm the effect of the mitigating amount of radiation exposure to paediatric patients when pneumatic reduction and VCUG. Fluorograb is the safe and useful method that shows the equivalent level of accuracy to spot exposure, and to minimize the radiation load to paediatric patients are to be the substitute for the spot exposure for Pneumatic Reduction and VCUG.
FluoroGrab;Radiation Dose;Peadatirc Patient
- 윤춘식, 영.유아 및 소아의 응급 위장관 질환의 초음파검사. 대한초음파의학회지, 20, pp.239-255, 2001.
- 황대현, 소아의 요로 감염군에서의 초음파검사의 의의. 대한방사선의학회지 26, pp.1265-1271, 1990.
- F. D. Pazik, R. J. Staton, J. L. Williams, M. M. Arreola, D. E. Hintenlang and W. E. Bolch. Organ and effective doses in newborns and infants undergoing voiding cystourethrograms (VCUG): A comparison of stylized and tomographic phantoms. Med. Phys. 34, pp.294-306, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1118/1.2402329
- P. Andreo. Monte Carlo techniques in medical radiation physics. Phys. Med. Biol. 36, pp.861-920, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1088/0031-9155/36/7/001
- M. Tapiovaara, M. Lakkisto, and A. Servomaa, PCXMC: A PC-based Monte Carlo program for calculating patient doses in medical x-ray examinations. Report STUK-A139. Helsinki: Finnish Centre for Radiation and Nuclear Safety, 1997.
- M. Cristy, Mathematical phantoms representing children of various ages for use in estimates of internal dose, NUREG/CR-1159, ORNL/NUREG/TM-367. Oak Ridge: Oak Ridge National Laboratory, 1980.
- D. G. Jones and B. F. Wall, "Organ Dose from Medical X-ray Examinations Calculated Using Monte Carlo Techniques," Report NRPB-R186, National Radiological Protection Board, Chilton, Didcot, UK, 1985.
- D. Hart, D. G. Jones and B. F. Wall, "Normalised organ doses for paediatric x-ray examinations calculated using Monte Carlo techniques," NRPB-SR279. Chilton: NRPB; 1996.
- D. P. Griffith, M. J. Gleeson, G. Politis, and S. Glaze, Effectiveness of radiation control program for Dornier HM3 lithotriptor. Urology 33, pp.20-5, 1989. https://doi.org/10.1016/0090-4295(89)90060-5
- D. Hart, B. F. Wall, P. C. Shrimpton, D. R. Bungay, and D. R. Dance, "Reference doses and patient size in paediatric radiology," Chilton: NRPB-R318, 2000.
- A. Herrmann, H. Bonel, A. Stablier, Chest imaging with flat-panel detecter at low and standard doses: comparison with storage phosphor technology in normal patients. Eur. Radiol. 12, pp.385-390, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00330-001-1166-4
- J. S. Benson. "Patient and physician radiation exposure during fluoroscopy. In Rock Ville Center for devices and radiological health (HFZ-1)," food and drug administration 20857.
- S. S. Chu, W. Y. Kim. Management and counermearsure for fluoroscopy. Korean J of Radiotechnol. Vol.14, No.1, pp.17-24, 1981.
- United Nations Scientific Committee on the Effects of Atomic Radiation, Sources and Effects if Ionizing Radiation, UNSCEAR 2000 Report to the General Assembly with Scientific Annexes, Volume I: Sources, United Nations New York. 2000.