- Volume 9 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Guideline for 'Universal Access Right' of Sports Program
스포츠 프로그램의 보편적 접근권 보장을 위한 가이드라인 탐색
- Received : 2009.07.27
- Accepted : 2009.08.13
- Published : 2009.12.28
The Broadcasting Law amended in January 2007 declared to adopt universal right to view(known more widely as Universal Access Right, UAR), the right to access broadcasting programs on such major sports or other events that are likely to catch the gaze of the public television viewers. Then its implementation rule was issued in February 2008, and under the regulations the Committee of Ensuring Universal Access Right has been established, where detailed action measures and guidelines are currently in the process of preparing. However, it is no question that an effectiveness of the implementation system of Universal Access Right presupposes sufficient amount of discussion and social consensus. At present, the major focus in this issue is on the matters including which type of events is subject to UAR and what criteria are desirable in determining which broadcasting company has priority. In this context, this study aims at identifying implications for policy by examining the precedent cases of Europe, Australia, and other countries, where UAR is enacted and implemented. Further, this study tries to draw up a specific scheme for ensuring universal right to view through conducting a survey on public television viewers. We will include specific guidelines for selecting events of public attention, criteria for selecting broadcasting companies regarding priority, and relevant operating rules regarding relayed broadcasting.
Universal Access Right;Events of Public Attention;Broadcasting Companies Regarding Priority
- 송해룡, 김원제, 스포츠 프로그램의 보편적 접근권 도입에 관한 연구, 한국방송협회, 2005.
- 송해룡, 김원제, 조항민, "인기 스포츠 프로그램의 보편적 접근권 도입 타당성에 관한 연구: 중계권 갈등 예방을 위한 제도적 차원을 중심으로", 미디어 경제와 문화, 제5권, 제2호, pp.79-120, 2007.
- 송해룡, 김원제, 스포츠중계권 분쟁 해소방안 연구, 방송위원회, 2007.
- 김원제, 미디어스포츠 사회학, 커뮤니케이션북스, 2005.
- Media Research Institute, 新スポーツ放送權ビヅネス最前線, Media Sogo Kenkyujo, 2006.; 안창현 역, 디지털방송과 스포츠 중계 : 스포츠의 산업화와 보편적 접근권, 커뮤니케이션북스. 2006.
- 곽기성, "호주의 방송법과 스포츠 중계권", 세계의 언론법제, 하권, 통권 제18호, 2005.
- http://www.acma.gov.au/ACMAINTER.2883838:STANDARD: 1571095584:pc=PC_91823