- Volume 9 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Development of Speech Generation Device Program for Student with Cerebral Palsy
뇌성마비 학생을 위한 말소리 산출 도구 프로그램 구현
- Received : 2009.10.13
- Accepted : 2009.11.19
- Published : 2009.12.28
This study suggested speech generation device(SGD) program to materialize the proper communication aids which address to language abilities by students with cerebral palsy in the stage of word recognition achievement. This SGD program aim at function of learning mediation and communication expression by synchronization not restrict aim of AAC aids' employment to the only function of communication expression. And this SGD was designed to evaluate language abilities of student with cerebral palsy through analysis of the date offered at this program, and then might utilize to set learning goals and objects, modify teaching contents. This SGD program have a meaning on contribution to possible teaching the user AAC aids, students with cerebral palsy by whole language approach in natural environment but in artificial situation at script.
Speech Generation Device;Augmentative and Alternative Communication;Cerebral Palsy
- 전병운, 고진복, "KIDS VIOCE를 활용한 AAC 중재가 뇌성마비아동의 어휘표현에 미치는 효과", 언어청각장애연구, 제11권, 제3호, pp.145-163, 2006.
- R. W. Schlosser, Efficacy of augmentative and alternative communication Towards evidence-based practice, Academic Press, 2003.
- P. Mirenda, "Toward functional augmentative and alternative communication for students with autism," Topic in Language Disorders, Vol.34, No.3, pp.203-216, 2003.
- D. R. Beukelman and P. Mirenda, Augmentative and alternative communication: Supporting children and adults with complex communication needs, Paul H. Brookes, 2005.
- J. C. Light and J. Kent-Walsh, "Fostering emergent literacy for children who require AAC," The AHSA Leader, Vol.8, No.10, pp.4-29, 2003.
- A. Beck, K. Kingsbury, A. Neff, and M. Dennis, "Influence of length of augmented message on children's attitudes towards peers who use augmentative and alternative communication," Augmentative and Alternative Communication, Vol.16, No.4, pp.239-249, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1080/07434610012331279094
- J. L. Bedrosian, L. Hoag, S. Calculator, and B. Molineux, "Variables influencing perceptions of the communicative competence of an adult augmentative and alternative communication system user," J. of Speech and Heating Research, Vol.35, No.5, pp.1105-1113, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1044/jshr.3505.1105
- L. Hoag and J. Bedrosian, "The effect of speech output type, message length, and reauditorization on perceptions of communicative competence of an adult AAC user," J. of Speech and hearing Research, Vol.35, No.6, pp.1363-1366, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1044/jshr.3506.1363
- C. W. Gorenflo, D. W. Gorenflo, and S. A. Santer, "Effects of synthetic voice output on attitudes toward the augmented communicator," J. of Speech and Hearing Research, Vol.37, No.1, pp.64-68, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1044/jshr.3701.64
- M. Lilienfeld and E. Alant, "Attitudes of children toward an unfamiliar peer using an AAC device with and without voice output," Augmentative and alternative Communication. Vol.18, No.2, pp.91-101, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1080/07434610212331281191
- D. M. Blischak, "Increases in natural speech production following experience with synthetic speech," J. of Special Education Technology, Vol.14, No.2, 44-53, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1177/016264349901400204
- L. S. Doss, P. A. Locke, S. S. Johnston, J. Reichle, J. Sigafoos, and P. J. Charpentier, "Initial comparison of the efficiency of a variety of AAC systems for order meals in fast food restaurants," Augmentative and Alternative Communication, Vol.7, No.4, pp.256-265, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1080/07434619112331275993
- T. Iacono, P. Mirenda, and D. R. Beukelman, "Comparison of unimodal and multimodal AAC techniques for children with intellectual disabilities," Augmentative and Alternative Communication, Vol.9, No.2, pp.83-94, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1080/07434619312331276471
- T. Iacono and J. E. Duncum, "Comparison of sign alone and in combination with an electronic communication device in early language intervention: Case study," Augmentative and Alternative Communication, Vol.11, No.4, pp.149-259, 1995.
- V. M. Durand, "Functional communication training using assistive devices: Effects on challenging behavior and affect," Augmentative and Alternative Communication, Vol.9, No.3, pp.168-176, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1080/07434619312331276571
- V. M. Durand, "Functional communication training using assistive devices: Recruiting natural communities of reinforcement," J. of Applied Behavior Analysis, Vol.32, No.3, pp.247-267, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1901/jaba.1999.32-247
- R. H. Horner and H. M. Day, "The effects of response efficiency on functionally equivalent competing behaviors," J. of Applied Behavior Analysis, Vol.24, No.4, pp.719-732, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1901/jaba.1991.24-719
- R. H. Horner, J. R. Sprague, M. O'Brien, and L. Heathfield, "The role of response efficiency in the reduction of problem behaviors through functional equivalence training: A case study," J. of the Association for Persons with Severe Handicaps, Vol.15, No.2 pp.91-97, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1177/154079699001500205
- S. Cataldo and N. Ellis, "Interactions in the development of spelling, reading, and phonological skills," J. of Research in Reading, Vol.11, No.2, pp.86-109, 1988. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-9817.1988.tb00153.x
- K. Borgh and W. P. Dickson, "The effects on children's writing of adding speech synthesis to a word processor," J. of Research on Computing in Education, Vol.24, No.4, pp.533-544, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1080/08886504.1992.10782025
- R. B. Lewis, A. W. Graves, T. M. Ashton, and C. L. Kieley, "Word processing tools for students with learning disabilities: A comparison of strategies to increase text entry speed," Learning Disabilities Practice, Vol.13, No.2, pp.95-108, 1998.