- Volume 9 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Orthographic Influence in the Perception and Production of English Intervocalic Consonants: A Pilot Study
영어 모음사이 자음의 인지와 발화에서 철자의 영향: 파일럿 연구
- Received : 2009.07.15
- Accepted : 2009.09.30
- Published : 2009.12.28
While Korean allows the same consonants at the coda of the preceding syllable and at the onset of the following syllable, English does not allow the geminate consonants in the same intervocalic position. Due to this difference between Korean and English, Korean learners of English tend to incorrectly produce geminate consonants for English geminate graphemes as in
Doubleton Grapheme;Singleton Grapheme;Geminate;Intervocalic;Perception Test;Production Test;Transfer;Spectrogram
- 강옥미, 한국어 음운론, 태학사, 2003.
- M. Hammond, The Phonology of English, New York: Oxford University Press, 1999.
- O. Japersen, Modern English Grammar on Historical Principles, New York: Routledge, 1948.
- P. Ladefoged, A Course in Phonetics (5th edition), Boston: Thomson, 2006.
- R. Lado, Linguistics across Cultures, Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press, 1957.
- M. C. Pennington, Phonology in English Language Teaching, New York: Addison Wesley Longman, 1996.
- T. Pyles and J. Algeo, The Origins and Development of the English Language (4th edition), Boston: Thomson, 1993.