- Volume 21 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
An Experimental Study on Retrofit Effect of Shear Wall with Opening Using Steel Bar or Steel Plate
강봉 및 강판을 이용한 개구부를 갖는 전단벽의 보강효과에 관한 실험 연구
- Choi, Youn-Cheul (Dept. of Architectural Environmental Engineering and Building Service, Chungwoon University) ;
- Bae, Baek-Il (Dept. of Architectural Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Choi, Chang-Sik (Dept. of Architectural Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Choi, Hyun-Ki (Dept. of Architectural Engineering, Hanyang University)
- Published : 2009.04.30
Recently, for more demands of the economical benefits and environmental conservation, many engineers prefer to choose remodeling. Artificial openings are often unavoidable to make house wider, which will degrade wall strength and stiffness by losing effective wall section that may cause the weakening of system capacity. In these cases the damaged shear walls need to be retrofitted by additional materials or members. In this research, four specimens were tested to investigate the capacity of the damaged wall and the retrofitted wall. The artificially damaged wall was prestressed by tendons to improve the shear capacity of the wall, and the other walls were retrofitted by adding steel plate at the surface for the same purpose. Consequently, these retrofitted walls had improved capacity and stiffness in both shear and flexure. Especially, the wall with steel plate showed ductile behavior after ultimate load and the prestressed wall had greater stiffness than the unstrengthened prototype wall.
- Arnold, C., “Northridge Earthquake of January 17, 1994:Reconnaissance Report, Volume 1 Architectural Background,” Earthquake Spectra, 11, 1995, pp. 443-452. https://doi.org/10.1193/1.1585855
- Paulay, T. A. and Priestley, M. J. N., Seismic Design of Reinforced Concrete and Masonry Building, John Wiley & Sons, 1992
- 윤현도, 최창식, “개구부를 갖는 철근콘크리트 바벨형 전단벽의 전단강도와 변형능력,” 대한건축학회 논문집, 20권, 3호, 2005, pp. 11-12.
- 윤현도, 김선우, 박완신, 김효진, 최창식, 최기봉, “개구부 설치를 위해 부분적으로 절단한 철근콘크리트 장방형 전단벽의 구조성능,” 대한건축학회논문집, Vol. 21, No. 6, 2005, pp.
- 최윤철, 최현기, 최창식, “슬래브가 있는 전단벽의 구조적 거동에 대한 개구부의 영향,” 콘크리트학회 논문집, 20권, 1호, 2008, pp. 3-11. https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2008.20.1.003
- 최윤철, 최현기, 최창식, “개구부 신설에 따른 전단벽의 보강기법 특성,” 대한건축학회 논문집, 24권, 1호, 2008, pp. 71-78.
- Canadian Standards Association (CSA), Limit States Design of Steel Structures, CAN/CSA S16-01, Canadian Standards Association, Willowdale, Ont., Canada, 2001.
- American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC), Loas and Resistance Factor Design Specification, Chicago, 1999
- 박홍근, 곽재혁, 전상우, 김원기, “주기하중을 받는 골조강판벽의 실험연구,” 한국강구조학회 논문집, 16권, 6호, 2004, 788 pp.
- Ugural, A. C. and Fenster, S. K., Advanced Strength and Applied Elasticity (Third Edition), Prentice Hall, 490 pp.
- Paulay, T. and Priestley, M. J. N., Seismic Design of Reinforced Concrete and Masonry Building, John Wiley & Sons Inc., 1992, pp. 362-389
- Schwaighofer, J. and Collins, M. P., “Experimental Study of the Behavior of Reinforced Concrete Coupling Slabs,” ACI Structural Journal, Vol. 64, No. 2, 1977, pp. 123-127.
- A study on the retrofit method of a shear wall by new openings vol.64, pp.5, 2012, https://doi.org/10.1680/macr.10.00112