- Volume 21 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Performance Evaluation of Artificial Lightweight Aggregate Mortar Manufactured with Waste Glass
폐유리로 제조된 인공경량골재를 이용한 모르타르의 물리적 성능에 대한 평가
- Kim, Seong-Soo (Dept. of Civil Engineering, Daejin University) ;
- Lee, Jeong-Bae (Dept. of Civil Engineering, Daejin University) ;
- Nam, Ba-Reum (Dept. of Civil Engineering, Daejin University) ;
- Park, Kwang-Pil (Dept. of Civil Engineering, Daejin University)
- Published : 2009.04.30
The compressive strength test, bulk density and mortar absorption ratio were carried out to utilize the data as the basic sources for the lightweight mortar and the lightweight concrete, through the study on the physical characteristics of the artificial lightweight aggregate (ALA) made of waste glasses, which was developed for the first time in the country. On the basis of these experiments, the density and the unit volume weight of the ALA showed the value less than 50% of the common aggregate due to the independent pore structure, and the mortar that contains ALA had no big difference from the Control mortar in the test of the absorption ratio. It is judged that this happens based on the internal independent pore structure of the ALA. In case of the mortar containing ALA, there was a tendency of declination in the compressive strength and the bending strength as the mixing rate is increasing, but all mortar showed more than 70% of the Control mortar compressive strength except for the La50 mortar. Hereafter, it is judged that according to the control of the mixing ratio of mineral admixing agent, water and cement, it will realize the equal strength to the control mortar, and the long term edurance is needed to be considered together.
- 환경부, 2000, http://www.me.go.kr.
- 한국유리재활용협회, 2004, http://kgra.org.
- 심봉섭, 폐유리를 이용한 건축재료의 제조와 물리학적특성, 석사학위논문, 전남대학교, 2005, 73 pp.
- 김성수, 토목재료학, 구미서관, 1997, pp. 63-64.
- Gjørv, O. D. and Zhang, M. H., “Permeability of High-Strength Lightweight Concrete,” ACI Materials Journal, Vol. 88, No. 5, 1991, pp. 463-469.
- 배수호, 정영수, 석윤호, “재생 유리를 혼입한 모르타르의 특성에 관한 실험적 연구,” 한국콘크리트학회 가을학술발표회 논문집, 10권, 2호, 1998, pp. 36-41.
- 정용욱, 윤용호, 이승한, “잔골재 및 굵은골재 입형이 초유동 콘크리트의 특성에 미치는 영향,” 콘크리트학회 논문집, 17권, 5호, 2005, pp. 102-105.
- Rochholz, Mller, “Investigation of the Absorption of Water by Light Aggregate from Cement Paste,” Journal of Lightweight Concrete, Vol. 1, No. 1, 1979, pp. 39-41. https://doi.org/10.1016/0262-5075(79)90008-3
- Swamy, R. N. and Lambert, G. H., “Microstructure of Lytag Aggregate,” Journal of Cement Composite and Lightweight Concrete, Vol. 3, No. 4, pp. 273-282.
- Characterization of artificial aggregates fabricated from coal bottom ash containing much unburned carbon vol.21, pp.1, 2011, https://doi.org/10.6111/JKCGCT.2011.21.1.047
- Influence of Addition of Waste Glass as a Fluxing Agent on the Bloating Phenomenon of Artificial Aggregates Fabricated from Coal Bottom Ash vol.724, pp.1662-9752, 2012, https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/MSF.724.455