- Volume 21 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Steel Probing in Concrete Using Steel Corrosion Surface Measurement Method Modeling
철근부식 표면측정법 모델링을 통한 콘크리트 내 철근 탐사
- Rhim, Hong-Chul (Dept. of Architectural Engineering, Yonsei University) ;
- Ma, Hyang-Hwa (Industrial Plant Overseas Business Team, Samsung Engineering) ;
- Lee, Suk-Yong (Dept. of Architectural Engineering, Yonsei University) ;
- Lee, Kun-Woo (Dept. of Architecture, Kyungbok College) ;
- Oh, Jin-Won (Dept. of Architectural Engineering, Yonsei University)
- Published : 2009.04.30
Using non-invasive surface measurement method, the corrosion state of steel embedded inside concrete can be measured by placing four electrodes on the surface of concrete. Modeling of such measurements can provide valuable information as how interfacial impedance between corroded steel and surrounding concrete results in measured impedance on the concrete surface. In this paper, the modeling of surface measurement technique is used for the determination of the sensitivity of the measurements with respect to steel bar size embedded inside concrete and cover thickness. Modeling results indicated that steel bar sizes varied from D10 to D35 could be identified. Concrete cover thickness changes from 0.02 m to 0.1 m was also distinguished using the modeling scheme. The results confirm this modeling technique is capable of determining steel bar sizes and cover thickness, as well as simulating corrosion responses.
- 오창희, 윤재환, 임서형, “콘크리트중의 철근부식에 관한 전기화학적 진단 방법에 관한 연구,” 대한건축학회논문집, 6권, 3호 1990, pp. 281-289.
- 강태혁, 조원일, 조병원, 주재백, 윤경석, “전기화학적 임피던스법에 의한 철근콘크리트의 부식연구,” Journal of Korean Ind. & Eng. Chemistry, Vol. 9, No. 6, 1998, pp. 907-913.
- Feliu, V., Gonzales, J. A., Andrade, C., and Feliu, S., “Equivalent Circuit for Modeling the Steel-Concrete Interface, I. Experimental Evidence and Theoretical Predictions,” Corrosion Science, Vol. 40, No. 6, 1998, pp. 975-993. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0010-938X(98)00036-5
- Monteiro, P. J. M., Morrison, F., and Frangos, W., “Nondestructive Measurement of Corrosion State of Reinforcing Steel in Concrete,” ACI Materials Journal Technical Paper, 1998, pp. 704-709.
- Zhang, J., Monteiro, P. J. M., and Morrison, F., “Noninvasive Surface Measurement of Corrosion Impedance of Reinforcing Bar in Concrete-Part 2: Forward Modeling,” ACI Materials Journal Technical Paper, Title No. 99-M24, 2002, pp. 242-249.
- 임홍철, 이형우, “철근부식 표면측정 모델링을 이용한 철근의 직경변화 탐지,” 대한건축학회 논문집, 21권, 5호, 2005, pp. 3-9.
- Practice for Conducting Potentiodynamic Oolarization Resistance Measurements, G 59, ASTM, 1997.
- 조승호, 정란, “철근부식에 따른 철근콘크리트 부재의 부식량 측정기법에 관한 연구,” 대한건축학회 학술발표 논문집, 20권, 2호, 2000, pp. 225~228.
- Test Method for Field Measurement of Soil Rsistivity Using the Wennr Electrode Method, G 57, ASTM, 1997.
- Carino, N. J., “Nondestructive Techniques to Investigate Corrosion Status in Concrete Structures,” Journal of Performance of Constructed Facilities, 1999, pp. 96-106. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0887-3828(1999)13:3(96)
- Zhang, J., Monteiro, P. J. M., Morrison, F., and Mancio, M., “Noninvasive Surface Measurement of Corrosion Impedance of Reinforcing Bar in Concrete - Part 3: Effect of Geometry and Matrial Properties,” ACI Materials Journal, Vol. 101, No.4, 2004, pp. 273-280.
- Wenner, F., “A Method of Measuring Earth Rsistivity,” Bull. of the Bureau of Standards, Vol. 12, No. 4, 1915, pp. 468-478.