- Volume 33 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Design Optimization Considering Optical Performances for LCD/BLU Using PIDO
PIDO를 이용한 LCD/BLU의 광학성능 최적화
- Published : 2009.08.01
Among many kinds of parts for Liquid Crystal Display (LCD), a Back Light Unit (BLU) that changes the path of the light from light source to screen is the most important part to improve optical performances such as uniformity and average value of brightness. Up to recently, design process of BLU has been carried out by depending on the experience of design engineer. Using this approach, however, is proven that it is hard to effectively deal with difficulties in a process of the LCD development such as frequent design modifications, various design requirements, and short-term development. To cope with this situation, we applied a Process Integration and Design Optimization (PIDO) based design environment. PIDO is a software package to integrate multiple simulation processes and find a better solution using various design techniques. In this research, we found a design solution satisfying all design requirements by using the PIDO.
Liquid Crystal Display;Back Light Unit;Light Guide Panel;Dot Pattern;PIDO;PQRSM
- Jee-Gong Chang and Cheng-Tai Lee, 2007, 'Random-Dot Pattern Design of a Light Guide in an Edge-Lit Backlight: Integration of Optical Design and Dot Generation Scheme by the Molecular-Dynamics Method,' Optical Society of America A., Vol. 24, No. 3, pp. 839-849 https://doi.org/10.1364/JOSAA.24.000839
- Jee-Gong Chang and Yu-Bin Fang, 2007, 'Dot- Pattern Design of a Light Guide in an Edge-Lit Backlight Using a Regional Partition,' Optical Engineering, Vol. 46, No. 4, pp. 043002 https://doi.org/10.1117/1.2721423
- Optis Corp., http://www.optis-world.com.
- Andrew S. Glassner, 1989, An Introduction to Ray Tracing, Morgan Kaufmann.
- Daniel L. Lau, Arif M. Khan, and Gonzalo R. Arce, 2002, 'Minimizing Stochastic Moire´ in Frequency Modulated Halftones by Means of Green-Noise Masks,' Optical Society of America A., Vol. 19, No. 11, pp. 2203~2217. https://doi.org/10.1364/JOSAA.19.002203
- Hong, K. J., Choi, D. H., and Kim, M. S., 2000, 'Progressive Quadratic Approximation Method for Effective Constructing the Second-Order Response Surface Models in the Large Scaled System Design,' Trans. of the KSME(A), Vol. 24, No. 12, pp. 3040~3052.
- PIAnO (Process Integration, Automation and Optimization) User's manual, Version 2.4, Framax INC., Dec. 2008.
- Gabseong Lee, Jae Ho Jeong, Sang-Joon Yoon and Dong-Hoon Choi, 2009, 'Design Optimization for Optical Patterns in a Lightguide Panel to Improve Illuminance and Uniformity of the Liquid-Crystal Display,' Optical Engineering, Vol. 48, No. 2, pp. 024001 https://doi.org/10.1117/1.3083290