- Volume 33 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Topology Optimization of Geometrically Nonlinear Structure Considering Load-Displacement Trajectory
하중-변위 관계를 고려한 기하 비선형 구조물의 위상 최적 설계
- Published : 2009.08.01
This paper is concerned with a computational approach for topology optimization of geometrically nonlinear structures following specific load-displacement trajectories. In our previous works, attention was paid to stabilize topology optimization involving large displacement and a method called the element connectivity parameterization was developed. Here, we aimed to extend the element connectivity parameterization method to find an optimal geometrically nonlinear structure yielding a specific load-displacement trajectory. In contrast to designing a stiffest structure, the trajectory design problem requires special consideration in topology optimization formulation and solution procedure. Some numerical problems were considered to test the developed element connectivity parameterization based formulation.
- Bendsoe, M.P. and Sigmund, O., 2003, Topology Optimization Theory, Methods and Application, Springer, New York.
- Bendsøe, M.P. and Kikuchi, N., 1988, 'Generating Optimal Topologies in Structural Design Using a Homogenization Method,' Comp. Meth. Appl. Mechs. Engng., Vol. 20, pp. 197~224 https://doi.org/10.1016/0045-7825(88)90086-2
- Bruns, T.E. and Tortorelli, D.A., 2003, 'An Element Removal and Reintroduction Strategy for the Topology Optimization of Structures and Compliant Mechanisms,' International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, Vol. 57, pp. 1413~1430 https://doi.org/10.1002/nme.783
- Yoon, G.H. and Kim, Y.Y., 2005, 'Element Connectivity Parameterization for Topology Optimization of Geometrically Nonlinear Structures,' International Journal for Solid and Structures, Vol. 42, No. 7, pp. 1983~2009 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijsolstr.2004.09.005
- Cho, S.H. and Min, S.J., 2004, 'Design Sensitivity Analysis and Topology Optimization of Displacement-Loaded Nonlinear,' Trans. of KSME(A), Vol. 28, No.2, pp. 206~213
- Yoon, G.H., Kim, Y.Y., Langelaar, M. and Keulen, F.V., 2008, 'Theoretical Aspects of the Internal Element Connectivity Parameterization Approach for Topology Optimization,' International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, Vol. 76, No. 6, pp. 775~797 https://doi.org/10.1002/nme.2342
- Bathe, K.J., 1996, Finite Element Procedures, Prentice-Hall, New Jersey