- Volume 33 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Topology Optimization of Geometrically Nonlinear Structure Considering Load-Displacement Trajectory
하중-변위 관계를 고려한 기하 비선형 구조물의 위상 최적 설계
- Published : 2009.08.01
This paper is concerned with a computational approach for topology optimization of geometrically nonlinear structures following specific load-displacement trajectories. In our previous works, attention was paid to stabilize topology optimization involving large displacement and a method called the element connectivity parameterization was developed. Here, we aimed to extend the element connectivity parameterization method to find an optimal geometrically nonlinear structure yielding a specific load-displacement trajectory. In contrast to designing a stiffest structure, the trajectory design problem requires special consideration in topology optimization formulation and solution procedure. Some numerical problems were considered to test the developed element connectivity parameterization based formulation.
Topology Optimization;Geometrically Nonlinear;Internal Element Connectivity Parameterization(I-ECP)
- Bendsoe, M.P. and Sigmund, O., 2003, Topology Optimization Theory, Methods and Application, Springer, New York.
- Bendsøe, M.P. and Kikuchi, N., 1988, 'Generating Optimal Topologies in Structural Design Using a Homogenization Method,' Comp. Meth. Appl. Mechs. Engng., Vol. 20, pp. 197~224 https://doi.org/10.1016/0045-7825(88)90086-2
- Yoon, G.H. and Kim, Y.Y., 2005, 'Element Connectivity Parameterization for Topology Optimization of Geometrically Nonlinear Structures,' International Journal for Solid and Structures, Vol. 42, No. 7, pp. 1983~2009 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijsolstr.2004.09.005
- Cho, S.H. and Min, S.J., 2004, 'Design Sensitivity Analysis and Topology Optimization of Displacement-Loaded Nonlinear,' Trans. of KSME(A), Vol. 28, No.2, pp. 206~213
- Bathe, K.J., 1996, Finite Element Procedures, Prentice-Hall, New Jersey
- Bruns, T.E. and Tortorelli, D.A., 2003, 'An Element Removal and Reintroduction Strategy for the Topology Optimization of Structures and Compliant Mechanisms,' International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, Vol. 57, pp. 1413~1430 https://doi.org/10.1002/nme.783
- Yoon, G.H., Kim, Y.Y., Langelaar, M. and Keulen, F.V., 2008, 'Theoretical Aspects of the Internal Element Connectivity Parameterization Approach for Topology Optimization,' International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, Vol. 76, No. 6, pp. 775~797 https://doi.org/10.1002/nme.2342