- Volume 12 Issue 1
The objective of the current study is to establish the CQI procedure of leadership outcome education, which is emphasized in engineering education accreditation. Leadership includes many program outcomes, especially soft skills, such as communication skill, team work skill, and etc. This paper studied leadership education program in Yeungnam University. In particular, this research was conducted by using focus group interviews with experts and working level staffs of relevant organizations for the analysis of Yeungnam University curriculum and non-curriculum courses related to leadership education and for the preparation of leadership education CQI method. In addition, we conducted leadership competence diagnosis, leadership education demand survey and satisfaction level survey on the leadership camp participants. Interviews with experts, lecturers and focus group of Dale Carnegie Research Institute Daegu branch that administered the progress of leadership camp were conducted along with analysis of education contents through non-participation observation method during camp period and participant students interviews. The conclusions are summed up as follows: To educate global leaders in true meaning, first, psychological level competence strengthening method and study completing ability improvement method should be considered simultaneously. In particular, for non-capital region universities, emphasis should be given to education for self-confidence and vision establishment. Second, leadership education methods of mid/long term and systematic curricular and extra-curricular type should be pursued. For instance, with the use of engineering design subject completing system, leadership education can be consolidated to engineering subject courses with engineering design projects or the system of mentor-pupil among earlier leadership camp participants and later participants may be utilized. Third, it is determined necessary to pursue and realize practical methods of conducting various intramural leadership related education activities in mid/long term perspective by organizing leadership education advisory group consisting of major, departments and intramural and extramural relevant organization authorities that focus on leadership education.
- 김아영 (2007). 관찰연구법, 교육과학사
- 최유현 (2008). 공학소양을 위한 '팀워크' 교육. 공학교육, 15(3) : 63-66
- Rover, D. T.(2008). Engineering education in a global context, Journal of Engineering education, Washington, 97(1): 105-108
- Yukl, G.(2002). Leadership in Organizations: Fifth Edition, New Jersey: Prentice-Hall. Inc.
- 오경주 외 (2006). 이공계 활성화를 위한 공학 경영 교육 프로그램 개발 연구. 공학교육연구. 9(1) : 20-31
- 송동주 외 (2008). 공학입문설계, 영출판사
- 송동주 (2008). 공학교육인증제도의 발전방향. 제 15회 공학교육포럼 자료집
- 신경림 외 (2004). 질적 연구방법 : 포커스 그룹, 현문사
- Ogando, J. (2008). Teaching the new engineering skills, Design News, Bostoη, 63(4): 53
- Darby, R.(2008). The 21st-century engineer: a proposal for engineering education reform, Choice, 45(8): 1368
- 백현덕 외 (2005). 공과대학의 소양교육 개선 방안 연구 : 홍익대학교 과학기술대학을 중심으로. 공학교육연구, 8(1) : 84-98
- 백욱현 (2006). 면접법, 교육과학사