- Volume 5 Issue 2
The purpose of this study is to seek new u-business services in restaurant management. Using the concept of business model methodology in family restaurant management domain, this study identifies customers' needs in services at the stage of management of purchase of materials, the production management, and the sales management. In addition, this study suggests two killer applications of a family restaurant management linking with the latest ubiquitous computing technologies: the service of the customer-oriented menu recommendation and the service of the inventory-oriented menu recommendation. These findings may offer practical insights in the context of ubiquitous service model of restaurant management.
Business Model;Killer Application;Ubiquitous Computing;u-Restaurant Management
- M. Weiser, "Some Computer Science Issues in Ubiquitous Computing," Communications of the ACM, vol. 36, no. 7, 1993, pp.75-84. https://doi.org/10.1145/159544.159617
- D.-H. Kim, "Economics and Business Strategies in the Ubiquitous Spaces," Telecommunications Review, vol. 13, no. 1, 2003, pp. 39-47.
- N.H. Choi, "Linkage Mechanism Between Physical Space and Electronic Space and Its Application System on the Basis of Ubiquitous Information Technology," Telecommunications Review, vol. 13, no. 1, 2003, pp. 27-38.
- Y.H. Kang, "Educational Information Service in Ubiquitous Environment," Journal of Korean Institute of Information Technology, vol. 4, no. 1, 2006, pp. 57-65.
- J. Kim and M. Yi, "A Study on Current Issues for the Realization of u-City," Journal of GIS Association of Korea, vol. 15, no. 1, 2007, pp. 1-14.
- W.-D. Cho, S.-W. Bahk, and J. Choi, "Technology Trend of Ubiquitous Computing Infrastructure," Telecommunications Review, vol. 16, no. 4, 2006, pp. 532-553.
- Y.H. Lee, H.W. Kim, Y.J. Kim, and H. Sohn, "A New Conceptual Framework for Designing Ubiquitous Business Model," Journal of the Korean Institute of Industrial Engineers, vol. 19, no. 1, 2006, pp. 9-18.
- J.-S. Park, "Crime Prevention Using Ubiquitous Technique," Journal of the Korea Contents Association, vol. 7, no. 1, 2007, pp. 169-175.
- B.-S. Kong and K.-H. Chung, "Approach to Promotion of Ubiquitous-based Cultural Service," Journal of the Korea Contents Association, vol. 7, no. 5, 2007, pp. 146-155.
- D. Kim, J. Kim, T.T. Do, P.K. Chong, S. Yoo, J.W. Sung, T.S. Lopez, D.H. Kim, and H.S. Kim, " 'Harubang' Project: Accident and Disaster Prevention Service based on USN Embedded Systems," Journal of the Korean Institute of Communication Science, vol. 23, no. 5, 2006, pp. 114-126.
- J.-M. Ryu, C.-P. Hong, K.-B. Kang, D.-H. Kang, D.-Y. Yang, and J.-W. Jwa, "Development of Mobile Context Awareness Restaurant Recommendation Services," Journal of the Korea Contents Association, vol. 7, no. 5, 2007, pp. 138-145. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2007.7.5.138
- O. Kwon, J. Kim, and K. Choi, "A Methodology of Identifying Ubiquitous Space Services for u-City Requirement Analysis," Information Systems Review, vol. 8, no. 1, 2006, pp. 141-158.
- Korea Institute of Construction Technology, Planning Report of the Committee on U-Eco City, 2007.
- S.K. Kim, "Ubiquitous Service Application and Expected Effect," Urban Questions, vol. 39, no. 427, 2004, pp. 24-36.
- J. Hedman and T. Kalling, "The Business Model Concept: Theoretical Underpinnings and Empirical Illustrations," European Journal of Information Systems, vol. 12, no. 1, 2003, pp. 49-59. https://doi.org/10.1057/palgrave.ejis.3000446
- P. Timmers, "Business Models for Electronic Markets," Electronic Market, vol. 8, no. 2, 1998, pp. 2-8. https://doi.org/10.1080/10196789800000015
- K.T. Hwang, B. Shin, K.-J. Kim, "Ubiquitous Computing-Driven Business Models: An Analytical Structure & Empirical Validations," Journal of Information Technology Applications & Management, vol. 12, no. 4, 2005, pp. 105-121.
- K.K. Kim, H.B. Chang, S. Park, S. Ryoo, and M. Kim, "A Study on Killer Services in Ubiquitous Computing: The Case of the Scene of Labor Learning," Journal of Korea Society of IT Services, vol. 6, no. 2, 2007, pp. 99-112.
- K.K. Kim, H.B. Chang, H.G. Kim, and H.-J. Kwon, "A Study on the Business Service Design in Ubiquitous Computing: the Case Study in Bookstore," Journal of Society for e-Business Studies, vol. 13, no. 2, 2008, pp. 165-179.
- H.W. Chun and W.J. Cho, "A Study on New Service Models in Ubiquitous Era," Electronics and Telecommunications Trends, vol. 19, no. 6, 2004, pp. 169-180.
- K. Lyytinen and Y. Yoo, "Issues and Challenges in Ubiquitous Computing," Communications of the ACM, vol. 45, no. 12, 2002, pp. 62-65.
- J. Rayport and B. Jaworski, E-commerce, McGraw-Hill, New York, 2001.
- M.E. Porter, Competitive Advantage: Creating and Sustaining Superior Performance, Free Press, New York, 1985.
- Y.S. Lee and Y.C. Kim, Qualitative Research in Education: Method and Application, Kyoyook Kwahaksa, Seoul, 1998.
- F.D. Davis, "Perceived Usefulness, Perceived Ease of Use and User Acceptance of Information Technology," MIS Quarterly, vol. 13, no. 3, 1989, pp. 319-340. https://doi.org/10.2307/249008
- I. Ajzen, "The Theory of Panned Behavior," Organizational Behavior and Human decision Processes, vol. 50, 1991, pp. 179-211. https://doi.org/10.1016/0749-5978(91)90020-T
- W.G. Dodds and K.B. Monroe, "The Effect of Brand and Price Information on Subjective Product Evaluations," in E. Hirschman and M. Holbrook (Eds.), Advances in Consumer Research, Association for Consumer Research, Provo, UT, 1985, pp. 85-90.
- W.G. Dodds, K.B. Monroe, and D. Grewal, "Effects of Price, Brand, and Store Information on Buyers' product evaluations," Journal of Marketing Research, vol. 28, 1991, pp. 307-319. https://doi.org/10.2307/3172866
- V.A. Zeithaml, "Consumer Perceptions of Price, Quality, and Value: a means-end model and synthesis of evidence," Journal of Marketing, vol. 52, 1988, pp. 2-22. https://doi.org/10.2307/1251446
- Harvard Business School, "Online Market Makers," Harvard Business School Publishing, 9-801-308, December 2000.
- A.K. Mishra, "Organizational Responses to Crisis: The centrality of trust," in R. M. Kramer and T. R. Tyler (Eds.), Trust in Organizations: Frontiers of Theory and Research, Thousand Oaks, CA, Sage, 1996, pp. 261-287.
- O.E. Williamson, "Calculativeness, Trust, and Economic Organization," Journal of Law and Economics, vol. 36, no. 1, 1993, pp. 453-486. https://doi.org/10.1086/467284