- Volume 21 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Chloride Diffusion Coefficient Model Considering the Initiation Time of Exposure to Chloride Environment
염소이온 노출개시시기를 고려한 기존 확산계수 모델 수정제안
- Kim, Ki-Hyun (Research Institute of Energy And Resources, Seoul National University) ;
- Cha, Soo-Won (Dept. of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Ulsan)
- Published : 2009.06.30
A reference diffusion coefficient model from ACI life-365 is drawn from test results by NT build 443. This test method gives a time-averaged diffusion coefficient during immersion period, thus the ACI model uses the time-averaged diffusion coefficient as a reference value. ACI model needs to be revised, considering the difference between the time-average value and reference value at specified time. In this study, firstly the analytic solutions of diffusion equation are derived considering the initiation time and period of exposure to chloride, and secondly the time-averaged diffusion coefficient from NT build 443 is converted into the diffusion coefficient at reference time. From this study, the reference diffusion coefficient of ACI model should be modified to be about 10% larger values than those of present ACI model. For convenient design of service life, previous relationship between the chloride diffusion coefficient from NT build 443 and that from NT build 492 is also modified. To compare the chloride diffusion coefficients of ACI and JCI models, the reference chloride diffusion coefficient with respect to the JCI model is drawn in the similar form of ACI model's, and service life prediction by ACI life-365 method is confirmed to give a conservative result.
- Saetta, A. V., Scotta, R. V., and Vitaliani, R. V., “Analysis of Chloride Diffusion into Partially Saturated Concrete,” ACI Materials Journal, Vol. 90, No. 5, 1993, pp. 441-451
- Martin-Perez, B., “Service Life Modeling of RC Highway Structures Exposed to Chlorides,” Ph.D. Dissertation, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada, 1999, 168 pp.
- Jang, S. Y., “Modeling of Cchloride Ttransport and Ccarbonation in Cconcrete and Pprediction of Sservice Llife of Cconcrete Sstructures Cconsidering Ccorrosion of Ssteel Rreinforcements,” Ph.D. Dissertation, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea, 2003, 275 pp.
- 구현본, 김의태, 이광명, “철근콘크리트구조물의 염소이온 침투 모델,” 콘크리트학회 논문집, 15권, 6호, 2003, pp. 25-34
- Alonso, C., Castellote, M., and Andrade, C., “Chloride Threshold Dependence of Pitting Potential of Reinforcements,” Electrochimica Acta, Vol. 47, 2002, pp. 3469-3481 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0013-4686(02)00283-9
- Moreno, M., Morris, M., Alvarez, M. G., and Duffo, G. S., “Corrosion of Reinforcing Steel in Simulated Concrete Pore Solutions-Effect of Carbonation and Chloride Content,” Corrosion Science, Vol. 46, 2004, pp. 2681-2699 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.corsci.2004.03.013
- 양승규, 김동석, 엄태선, 이종열, 河野克哉, “단위시멘트량이 다른 콘크리트 중에서의 철근부식 임계염화물량에 관한 연구,” 콘크리트학회 논문집, 20권, 4호, 2008, pp. 415-421 https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2008.20.4.415
- Collepardi, M., Marciallis, A., and Turriziani, R., “Penetration of Chloride Ions into Cement Pastes and Concrete,” American Ceramic Society, Vol. 55, No. 10, 1972, pp. 534-535 https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1151-2916.1972.tb13424.x
Maage, M., Helland, S. Poulsen, E., Vennesland,
$\phi$., and Carlsen, J., “Service Life Prediction of Existing Concrete Structures Exposed to Marine Environment,” ACI Materials Journal, Vol. 93, No. 6, 1996, pp. 602-608
- 일본콘크리트공학협회, 내구성설계지침(안), 일본콘크리트공학협회, 1991, 76 pp.
- Bentz, E. C. and Thomas, M. D. A., Life-365 Service Life Prediction Model and Computer Programe for Predicting the Service Life and Life-Cycle Costs of Reinforced Concrete Exposed to Chlorides, January 8, 2008, 67 pp.
- Tang, L., “Chloride Ttransport in Cconcrete-Measurement and Prediction,” Ph.D. Dissertation, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden, 1996, 88 pp.
- Rob B. Polder, Gert van der Wegen, and Michel Boutz, “Performance Based Guideline for Service Life Design of Concrete for Civil Engineering Structures-A Proposal Discussed in the Netherlands,” International RILEM Workshop on Performance Based Evaluation and Indicators for Concrete Durability, 19~21 March 2006, Madrid, Spain, 10 pp.
- Frederiksen, J. M., SØrensen, H. E., Andersen, A., and Klinghoffer, O., “HETEK, The Effect of the w/c Ratio on Chloride Transport into Concrete-Immersion, Migration and Resistivity Tests,” Report No. 54, 1997, 35 pp.