- Volume 18 Issue 3
The average window size is most closely related to average throughput. In order to improve fairness, the proposed dropper tries to control the window size of each flow to equal level by intentional packet drop. Intentional packet drop is performed only to the flows that have been occupied bandwidth in a large amount. Because of intentional packet drop, this flow cut down its transmission rate to a half. Accordingly, somewhat capacity of core link comes into existence. And other flow can use this new capacity of this link. Hence other flows have more throughput than before. In this paper, we propose the TRC (Transmission Rate Control) Dropper improving the fairness between individual flows of aggregated sources on DiffServ network. It has the fairness improvement mechanism mentioned above paragraph.
- D. Grossman, "New Terminology and Clarifications for Diffserv," RFC3260, April 2002.
- Adegboyega Abiola, Lambadaris Ioannis, "Fairness Guarantees and Achievable QoS in Differentiated Services," Proceedings of MILCOM2007, pp. 1-7, Oct. 2007.
- Hanal Abuzanat, Benoit Trouillet, Armand Toguyeni, "Routing Fairness Model for QoS Optimization in Wireless Network," Proceedings of SENSORCOMM 2008, pp. 776-781, 2008.
- Wu-chang Feng, Kandlur, D.D., Saha, D., Shin, K.G., "Adaptive packet marking for providing differentiated services in the Internet," Proceedings of Sixth International Conference on Network Protocols, pp. 108-117, 1998.
- Seungchul Park, "DiffServ Quality of Service Support for Multimedia Applications in Broadband Access Networks," Proceedings of ICHIT'06 vol. 2, pp. 513-518, 2006.
- Clark, D.D., Wenjia Fang, "Explicit allocation of besteffort packet delivery service," IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 362-373, Aug. 1998. https://doi.org/10.1109/90.720870
- Lopes, N.V., Nicolau, M.J., Santos, A., "Efficiency of PRI and WRR DiffServ Scheduling Mechanisms for Real- Time Services on UMTS Environment," Proceedings of NTMS '08, pp. 1-5, 2008.
- W. Feng, D. Kandlur, D.Saha and K. shin, "Understanding and Improving TCP Performance over Networks with Minimum Rate Guarantees," IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, Vol. 7, No. 2, pp. 173-187, April 1999. https://doi.org/10.1109/90.769766
- Yeom, I., Reddy, A.L.N., "Modeling TCP behavior in a differentiated services network," IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, Vol. 9, No. 1, pp. 31-46, Feb. 2001. https://doi.org/10.1109/90.909022
- W. Fang, N. Seddigh, B. Nandy, "A Time Sliding Window Three Color Marker (TSWTCM)," RFC2859, June 2000.
- UCB, LBNL, VINT Network Simulator ns2, http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/ns/
- Sang, A.; Zhu, H.; Li, S.-Q. "Weighted fairness guarantee for scalable DiffServ assured forwarding," Proceedings of ICC 2001, Vol. 8, pp. 2365-2369, 2001.
- Kyeong Hur, "Performance Analysis of Random Early Dropping Effect at an Edge Router for TCP Fairness of DiffServ Assured Service," 한국통신학회논문지 Vol. 31, No. 4B, pp. 255-269, 2006년 4월.
- Hayder Natiq, Zuriati Ahmed, Mohamed Othman, Shamala Subramaniam. "The TCPBased New AIMD Congestion Control Algorithm", International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security, Vol. 8 No. 10, 2008, 331-338.
- Yeom, I., Narasimha Reddy, A.L. "Realizing throughput guarantees in a differentiated services network," Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Multimedia Computing and Systems, Vol. 2, pp. 372-376, 1999.
- Hongjun Su, Atiquzzaman, M. "ItswTCM: a new aggregate marker to improve fairness in DiffServ," Proceedings of GLOBECOM '01, Vol. 3, pp. 1841-1846, 2001.
- I. Stoica, S. Shenker, and H, Zhang, "Core-Stateless Fair Queuing: Achieving Approximately Fair Bandwidth Allocation in High Speed Networks," Proceedings of ACM SigComm 98, Aug. 1998.
- Hill, R.; Kung, H.T. , "A DiffServ enhanced admission control scheme", Proceedings of GLOBECOM '01, Vol. 4, pp. 2549-2555, 2001.
- Floyd, S., Jacobson, V. "Random early detection gateways for congestion avoidance," IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, Vol. 1, No. 4, pp. 397-413, Aug. 1993. https://doi.org/10.1109/90.251892
- B. Davie, A. Charny, J.C.R. Bennet, K. Benson, J.Y. Le Boudec, W. Courtney, S. Davari, V. Firoiu, D. Stiliadis. "An Expedited Forwarding PHB (Per-Hop Behavior)," RFC3246, March 2002.
- M. A. Elshaikh, M. Othman, S. Shamala and J. Desa, "A New Fair Weighted Fair Queuing Scheduling Algorithm in Differentiated Services Network," International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security, Vol. 6, No. 11, pp. 267-271, Nov. 2006.
- Saad E.M., El-Ghandour O.M., Jehan M.K., "Evaluation of QoS in UMTS backbone network using differentiated services," Proceedings of NRSC 2008, Vol. 2, pp. 1-11, 2008.