- Volume 12 Issue 3
A Study on Types and Reasons of Engine Troubles Related to Fuel Oil
연료유에 의한 선박 디젤엔진 손상에 관한 연구
- Na, Eun-Young (Marine Pollution Response Division, W. Regional HQ. Korea Coast Guard) ;
- Baik, Shin-Young (Marine System Engineering Division, Mokpo National Maritime University)
- Received : 2009.02.16
- Accepted : 2009.08.03
- Published : 2009.08.25
Fuel oil mostly used for a ship is made from crude oil by refining process. In order to produce plenty of high-quality fuel oil, the Fluid catalytic cracking(FCC) method is widely adopted to many refinery factories during the decomposition process from high molecule into lower molecule. The major constituents in spent FCC catalysts are Si, Al, Fe, Ti, alkali metals and some others. The spent catalyst is also composed small amounts of rare metals such as Ce, Nd, Ni and V. The big problem in FCC oil is mixing the catalyst in the oil. This reason is unstable separation of FCC catalyst in separator. Such a FCC catalyst will become a reason of heavy wear down in moving parts of engine. The impurity in oil is ash and deposit compound, such as Al, Si, Ni, Fe and V, which will accelerate the wear down on fuel pump, fuel injection valve cylinder liner and piston ring. It is important to find a basic reason of an engine trouble for preventing similar troubles anymore. Insurance compensation will be different according to the reason of an engine trouble which might be natural abrasion or other external causes. In this study, types and reasons of engine troubles related to fuel oil will be covered.
Supported by : 목포해양대학교 부설 동력기계연구소
- J. Femenia, 1973, "Economic comparison of various marine power plants", SNAME Transactions, vol.81, 79-108.
- 임재근, 1988, "선박 주기관의 고장에 의한 정지빈도 및 수리비에 대한 분석", 군산대연구보고, vol.22(1), 49-52.
- 전성균, 1997, "FCC 촉매로부터 Ce, Nd 및 V의 분리 회수 프로세서", J. of Korean Ind. & Eng. Chemistry, vol.8, No.4, 679-684.
- 전효중, 2005, "선박용 디젤엔진 및 가스터빈", 92-93.
- Centro de Catalisis Heterogénea et al., 2008, "The Action of Vanadium over Y zeolite in oxidant and dry atmosphere", Applied Catalyst A 1-8.
- D. Wallenstein et al., 2007, "Review on the deactivation of FCC catalysts by cyclic propylene steaming", Catalysis Today.
- Diana Vanessa Cristiano-Torres, 2008, "The action of vanadium over Y zeolite in oxidant and dry atmosphere", Applied Catalysis A: General, 1-10.
- E. Tangstad et al., 2006, "Vanadium species and their effect on the catalytic behavior of an FCC catalyst", Applied Catalyst A: General vol. 299, 243-249. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apcata.2005.10.058
- E. Tangstad et al., 2006, "Passivation of vanadium in an equilibrium FCC catalyst at short contact-times", Applied Catalysis A. 35-40.
- Hiroya Tamaki, 1982, "박용기관사와 연료유의 저질화에 대한 기관, 기기의 조사 연구", 日本舶用機關學會誌, 제17권, 제9호, 64-707.
- Ye-Mon Chen, 2006, "Recent advances in FCC technology", Powder Technology 163, 2-8. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.powtec.2006.01.001
- 小山正一, 1982, "박용기관사와 박용연료유의 저질조악화", 日本舶用機關學會誌, 제17권 제9호, 9-10.
- 野村宏次, 1995, "박용연료유입문강좌(2)", 日本舶用機關學會誌, 제30권, 제4호, 312-317.
- 福田哲吾, 1995, "박용대형기관의 사용연료에 따른 과급기 노즐링의 오손", 日本舶用機關學會誌, 제30권, 제1호, 61-65.
- 淸水和夫, 1995, "박용연료유의 변천", 日本舶用機關學會誌, 제30권, 제1호, 84-92.
- 中野英明, 1982, "박용연료유에 관한 실험적 연구", 日本舶用機關學會誌, 제17권, 제11호, 38-46.
- 出敬朗, 1988, "연료전처리와 기관마모에 대하여", 日本舶用機關學會誌, 제23권, 제8호, 32-36.