- Volume 17 Issue 4
This study analyzes the trends and features of Gangwon-do's aviaion and tourism industry using data published by the National Statistical Office. The categorization of tourism industry was based on the definition and category proposed by the OECD, WTO and Korea Culture Tourism Institution. Gangwon-do showed that the weight in wholesale, hotels, construction, restaurant and catering in the total number of tourism business, the number of workers, business sales and business operating profit exceed 85%. To improve the overall competitiveness of the tourism industry, it was suggested that Gangwon-do should work on the policy of expanding business in scale. This paper investigates also the role of aviation in the development of Gangwon-do's tourism industry.
- Aigner, D. J., Lovell, C. A. and Schmidt, P., "Formulation and Estimation of Stochastic Frontier Production Function Models", Journal of Econometrics, Vol. 6, 1977, pp.21-37. https://doi.org/10.1016/0304-4076(77)90052-5
- Andrew, B., "Tourism and the economic development of Cornwall", Annals of Tourism Research, Vol. 24, 1997, pp.721-735. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0160-7383(97)00026-1
- Archer, B., "Importance of tourism for the economy of Bermuda", Annals of Tourism Research, Vol. 22, 1995, pp. 918-930. https://doi.org/10.1016/0160-7383(95)00018-1
- Jie, Z., "Tourism impact analysis for Danish regions", Tourism Economics, Vol. 8, 2002, pp. 165-188. https://doi.org/10.5367/000000002101298052
- Vaughan, D. R., Farr, H. and Slee, R. W., "Estimating and interpreting the local economic benefits of visitor spending an explanation", Leisure Studies, Vol. 19, 2000, pp. 95-118. https://doi.org/10.1080/026143600374789