- Volume 29 Issue 4A
It is time-consuming to estimate chloride diffusivity of concrete by concentration difference test. For the reason chloride diffusivity of concrete is mainly tested by electrically accelerated method, which is accelerating the movement of chloride ion by potential difference. In this study, portland cement concrete and concrete containing with ground granulated blast-furnace slag (40 and 60% of cement by weight) with water-cementitious material ratio 40, 45, 50 and 60% were manufactured. To compare with chloride diffusivity calculated from the electrically accelerated test and immersed test in artifical seawater, chloride diffusivity tests were conducted. From the results of regression analysis, regression equation between accelerated chloride diffusivity and immersed chloride diffusivity was linear function. And the determinant coefficient was 0.96 for linear equation.
- Abramowitz, M. and Stegun, I.A. (1970) Handbook of Mathematical Functions, Dover Publications, New York.
- ASSHTO T 260-93 (1993) Sampling and Testing for Total Chloride Ion Concrete and Concrete Raw Materials.
- ASTM D 1141-90 (1990) Standard Specification for Substitute Ocean Water.
- Buenfeld, N.R., Newman, J.B., and Arya, C. (1990) Factors influencing chloride-binding in concrete, Cement and Concrete Research, Vol. 20, pp. 291-300. https://doi.org/10.1016/0008-8846(90)90083-A
- Dullien, F.A.L. (1992) Porus Media : Fluid Transport and Pore Structures, 2nd Ed., Academic Press, INC.
- Kropp, J. and Hilsdorf, H.K. (1995) Performance criteria for durability, RILEM Report 12, London, pp. 166-178.
- Leng, F., Feng, N., and Lu, X. (2000) An experimental study on the properties of resistance to diffusion of chloride ions of fly ash and blast furnace slag concrete, Cement and Concrete Research, Vol. 30, pp. 989-992. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0008-8846(00)00250-7
- Mangat, P.S. and Molloy, B.T. (1994) Prediction of long term chloride concentration in concrete, Materials and Structures, Vol. 27, pp. 338-346. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02473426
- Moon, H.Y., Kim, H.S., and Choi, D.S. (2003) The characteristic of capillary pore and chloride diffusivity by electrical difference into various concrete, Korean Society of Civil Engineer, No. 23 5A, pp. 969-976.
- Tang, L. and Nilsson, L.O. (1993) Rapid determination of the chloride diffusivity in concrete by applying an electrical field, ACI Materials Journal, Vol. 89, No. 1, pp. 49-53.
- Tumidajski, P.J., Chan, G.W., Feldman, R.F., and Strathdee, G. (1995) Boltzmann-manato analysis of chloride diffusion, Cement and Concrete Research, Vol. 25, pp. 1556-1566. https://doi.org/10.1016/0008-8846(95)00149-7