- Volume 18 Issue 8
Renewable energy or green energy is a hot issue in theses days. Since wind resource can be endlessly supplied by nature, researchers and common people are interested in study how to use that resource at home or company. Especially, many architects have tried to integrate wind power generator for a part of building. So in this paper, three buildings installed wind power turbine are targed to CFD analysis and these buildings are Bahrain trade center, Discovery tower, and Pearl river tower. Bahrain trade center is the first building installed real wind turbine, Discovery tower is constructing at Texas, and Pearl river tower is designed and proved by china researchers. These buildings have very different type of wind power turbine and each turbine has different conditions f3r best power generation. Therefor this paper will focus on characteristic shape of buildings, wind power turbine type, and expected purpose of construction. Moreover, CFD analysis will show wind flow pattern and wind speed while wind is passing through wind turbine of three tall buildings. CFD analysis for three buildings make comparison the wind flow patterns with experimental result.
CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics);BAWT (Building-Augmented Wind Turbine);Tall building
- Brad C. C., Rick R. D., 2008, Integrating Wind Energy into the Design of Tall Buildings - A Case Study of the Houston Discovery Tower, WindPower 2008, Houston, Texas
- Cermak J. E., 1975, Aerodynamics of Buildings, Annual Review of Fluid Mechanics, 8, 75-106 https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.fl.08.010176.000451
- Roy D., Brad C., David B., Graeme W., 2008, Harvesting Wind Power from Tall Buildings, CTBUH 8th World Congress
- Park J. C., Kyung N. H., 2003, A Study on the Application of Small Wind Power System in Apartment Housing, Journal of the Korean Solar Energy Society, 23(2)
- Kim E. 1., 2006, A National Strategy for Wind Power Dissemination, Journal of the Korean Society for New and Renewable Energy, 2(4), 1739-3935