- Volume 9 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Addressing and Routing Method for Zigbee Network Expansion
Zigbee 기반 네트워크의 확장을 위한 어드레스 방식과 라우팅 방법
- 최성철 (유비쿼터스 바이오 정보 기술 연구 센터) ;
- 정우정 (유비쿼터스 바이오 정보 기술 연구 센터) ;
- 김태호 (유비쿼터스 바이오 정보 기술 연구 센터) ;
- 정규석 (유비쿼터스 바이오 정보 기술 연구 센터) ;
- 김종헌 (유비쿼터스 바이오 정보 기술 연구 센터) ;
- 이인성 (충북대학교 전자정보대학)
- Published : 2009.07.28
Zigbee is a universal communication standard used in USN and is utilized in various applications. Zigbee protocol provides an address within a single PAN network, and at this time, it uses DAA. This is a method that divides a 16-bit address area into blocks with a fixed size according to the depth to assign one to each node. However, this method is limited because it has to assign addresses in 16 bits. As the depth increases, the number of nodes also increases exponentially to the maximal number of routers provided to each depth. Therefore, it is difficult to construct a huge network with numerous routers and large depth as in the places which are wide or have many shadow areas. Besides, since all the operations are performed in a single PAN network, it is hard to make several PANs into a single network. This article suggests new addressing and routing methods that can construct several PAN networks into a single network and combine broad area with less limitation in the number of routers and depth by extending the Zigbee-based network. Moreover, this paper has tested its performance and has verified its usability through substantive tests.
- 김창환, USN 개념 및 최근 동향분석, 전자부품연구원 전자정보센터, 2004.
- 김상덕, 박성수, "유비쿼터스 환경에서의 WPAN 응용 서비스", 정보통신 기술, 제18권, 제2호,pp.17-36, 2004.
- I. F. Akyildiz, "A survey on Sensor Networks," IEEE Communication Magazine, Vol.40, No.8, pp.102-114, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/MCOM.2002.1024422
- I. Demirkol, C. Ersoy, and F. Alagöz, "MAC Protocols for Wireless Sensor Networks: A Survey," IEEE Communication Magazine, Vol.44, No.4, pp.115-121, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/MCOM.2006.1632658
- IEEE Std. 802.15.4-2003, IEEE computer Society, 2003.
- 이재현, USN 기술동향, IITA 주간 기술동향, 통권 1165호, 2004.
- ZigBee-2006 specification, ZigBee document 064112, ZigBee Alliance, 2006.
- Y. C. Wong, J. T. Wang, N. H. Chang, H. H. Liu, and C. C. Tseng, "Hybrid Address Configuration for Tree-based Wireless Sensor Networks," IEEE Communications Letters, Vol.12, No.2, pp.414-416, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/LCOMM.2008.072031
- M. S. Pan and Y. C. Tseng, The Orphan Problem in ZigBee-based Wireless Sensor Networks, ACM, 2007.
- G. Ralf, Localization in Zigbee-based wireless sensor network, Technical Report (German), University of Rostock, Institute MD, 2007.
- S. Kannan and L. Philip, RSSI is Under Appreciated, ACM:Proceedings of EmNets'06, 2006.
- B. Raman, K. Chebrolu, N. Madabhushi, D. Y.Gokhale, P. K. Valiveti, and D. Jain, Implications of Link Range and (In)Stability on Sensor Network Architecture, WiNTECH, 2006.