- Volume 9 Issue 7
The use of tagging to describes web documents in the form of keyword has experienced rising popularity among various web services. Tagging also plays an important role in collaborative bookmarking services which can be regarded as an online favorite bookmark service. Tags which are created by users make it easier to search other users' bookmarks as well as user's own bookmarks. In this paper we analyze usage patterns of collaborative tagging for exploring factors influencing the number of tags in web documents and users. We discovered that user's characteristics have more effect on the tags than the web documents' characteristics. Moreover, leading users contribute to make a variety of tag than following users. Our study implies that more knowledge can be created through the incentives for leading user in order to improve the service quality of tagging service.
Tagging;Collaborative Bookmark;Collective Intelligence;Web 2.0
- S. Golder and B. Huberman, "Usage patterns of collaborative tagging systems," J. of Information Science, Vol.32, No.2, pp.198-208, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1177/0165551506062337
- 이재윤, 황혜경, "이용자 생성 메타데이터에 관한 연구", 정보관리연구, 제37권, 제3호, pp.1-24, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1633/JIM.2006.37.3.001
- Q. Li and S. Lu, "Collaborative tagging applications and approaches," IEEE Multimedia, Vol.15, No.3, pp.14-21, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/MMUL.2008.54
- H. Wu, M. Zubair, and K. Maly, " Harvesting social knowledge from folksonomies," Proceedings of Hypertext06, 2006.
- 이정미, "폭소노미의 개념적 접근과 웹 정보 서비스에의 적용", 한국비블리아학회지, 제18권, 제2호, pp.141-159, 2007.
- C. Yeung, G. Ching, and N. Shadbolt, "Understanding the Semantics of Ambiguous Tags in Folksonomies," Proceedings of International Workshop on Emergent Semantics and Ontology Evolution, 2007.
- K. Dellschaft and S. Staab, "An Epistemic Dynamic Model for Tagging Systems, "Proceedings of the 19th ACM Conference on Hypertext and Hypermedia, 2008.
- Y. Pan and D. Millen, "Information Sharing and Patterns of Social Interaction in an Enterprise Social Bookmarking Service," Proceedings of the 41st Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, 2008.
- H. Kim, S. Scerri, J. Breslin, S. Decker, and H. Kim, "Analysis and Representation of Tagging Practices in Online Communities," Proceedings of the AAAI 2009 Spring Symposium on Social Semantic Web, 2009.
- M. Kipp and D. Campbell, "Patterns and Inconsistencies in Collaborative Tagging Systems: An Examination of Tagging Practices ," Proceedings American Society for Information Science and Technology, 2006.
- H. Halpin, V. Robu, and H. Shepherd, "The Dynamics and Semantics of Collaborative Tagging," Proceedings of the 1st Semantic Authoring and Annotation Workshop, 2006.
- U. Farooq, T. Kannampallil, Y. Song, C. Ganoe, J. Carroll and C. Giles, "Evaluating Tagging Behavior in Social Bookmarking Systems: Metrics and design heuristics," Proceedings of the international ACM conference on Supporting group work, 2007.
- S. Golder and B. Huberman, "The Structure of Collaborative Tagging Systems," HP Labs Technical Report, 2006.
- 이강표, 김두남, 김형주, "웹2.0환경에서의 태깅 기술 동향", 정보과학회지, 제25권, 제10호, pp.36-42. 2007.
- A Study on Creation and Development of Folksonomy Tags on LibraryThing vol.44, pp.4, 2010, https://doi.org/10.4275/KSLIS.2010.44.4.203