- Volume 9 Issue 8
Recently, there has been continued research on UCP from the development effort estimation method to a software development project applying object oriented development methodology. Current research proposes a linear model estimating the developmenteffort by multiplying a constant to AUCP which applies technical and environmental factors. However, the fact that a non-linear regression model is more appropriate as the software size increases, the development period increases exponentially. In addition, in the UCP calculation process the occurrence of FP errors due to the application of TCF and EF, it is unrealistic to estimate the size with AUCP. This paper presents the issue of current research based on UCP without considering problems of the research, for example, TCF and EF and expresses the models (linear, logarithmic, polynomial, power and exponential type) estimating the development effort directly from UUCP. Consequently, the exponential model within non-linear models exhibit more accurate results than the current linear model. Therefore, after calculating the UUCP of the developing software system, using the proposed model to estimate the development effort, it is possible to estimate the direct cost required in development.
- L. C. Briand, K. E. Elmam, D. Surmann, I. Wieczork, and K. D. Maxwell, "An Assessment and Comparison of Common Software Cost Estimation Modeling Techniques," International Software Engineering Research Network, Technical Report, ISERN-98-27, 1998.
- L. C. Briand and I. Wieczorek, "Resource Estimation in Software Engineering," International Software Engineering Research Network, Technical Report, ISERN 00-05, 2000.
- K. Johnson, "Software Cost Estimation: Metrics and Models," Department of Computer Science University of Calgary, Albreta, Canada, http://sern.ucalgary.ca/courses/seng/621/W98/johnsonk/cost.htm, 1998.
- K. Ribu, "Estimating Object-oriented Software Projects with Use Cases," University of Oslo Department of Informatics, Master of Science Thesis, 2001.
- J. E. Matson, B. E. Barrett, and J. M. Mellichamp, "Software Development Cost Estimation Using Function Points," IEEE Trans. on Software Eng., Vol.20, No.4, pp.275-287, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1109/32.277575
- A. J. Albrecht, "Measuring Applications Development Productivity," Proceedings of IBM Application Dev., Joint SHARE/GUIDE Symposium, Monterey, CA., pp.83-92, 1979.
- I. Jacobson, M. Christerson, et al., "Object-oriented Software Engineering. A Use Case Driven Approach," Addison-Wesley, 1992.
- G. Karner, "Metrics for Objectory," Diploma Thesis, University of Linkoping, Sweden, No.LiTH-IDA-Ex-934421, 1993.
- M. Bradley, "Function Point Counting Practices Manual, Release 4.1," International Function Point Users Group(IFPUG), 1999.
- C. Symons, "COSMIC-FFP Measurement Manual, Version 2.1," Common Software Measurement International Consortium, 2001.
- C. Symons, "COSMIC-FFP Measurement Manual, Version 2.2 (The COSMIC Implementation Guide for ISO/IEC 19761:2003)," Common Software Measurement International Consortium, 2003.
- B. Kitchenham and K. Kansala, "Inter-item Correlation Among Function Points," National Computing Centre Ltd, UK and VTT, Finland, 1997.
- G. Banerjee, "Use Case Points - An Estimation Approach," http://java.isawix.com/whitepapers/1035194512861.pdf, 2001.
- L. Probasco, "Dear Dr. Use Case: What About Function Points and Use Cases?," http://www.therationaledge.com/content/aug_02/t_drUseCase_lp.jsp, Rational Software Canada, 2002.
- C. Larman, "Applying UML and Patterns. An Introduction to Object-oriented Analysis and Design and the Unified Process," Prentice-Hall, 2002.
- S. Nageswaren, "Test Effort Estimation Using Use Case Points," Quality Week 2001, San Francisco, California, USA, 2001.
- A. Abran, C. Symons, and S. Oligny, "An Overview of COSMIC-FFP Field Trial Results," ESCOM 2001, London, England, 2001.
- S. Conte, H. E. Dunsmore, and V. Y. Shen, "Software Engineering Metrics and Models," Benjamin/Cummings., 1986.
- Improving Polynomial Regression Using Principal Components Regression With the Example of the Numerical Inversion of Probability Generating Function vol.15, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2015.15.01.475