- Volume 9 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
The Influence of Customer's Multidimensional Evaluation in Online Review :Focused on Apparel Products
온라인상에서의 다차원적인 사용후기의 영향에 관한 연구 : 의류제품을 중심으로
- Published : 2009.08.28
Since consumers have difficulty in acquiring information related to products in online, they are apt to use WOM(word-of-mouth). It seems to be more popular and acceptable methods to acquire information about products sold in online. In other words, consumers who visit the Internet shopping-mall can not make a purchase-decision immediately because they have no sufficient knowledge about products. To solve this problem, consumers make use of the service called "online review". The objective of this study is to verify how these reviews can influence attitude toward the message, product and several buying behaviors in the online. In particular, this study focus on the message's sidedness(positive or negative) and objectivity(objective or subjective), because it is expected that consumers are likely to behave differently according to the characteristics of online reviews. Thus, to measure consumer's attitude and buying behavior, this study was examined by 4 types of messages. The results of this study are as follows: First, in the positive-objective message, the message attitude has a stronger effect on purchase intention than other outcomes. Second, in the positive-subjective message, the message attitude has a stronger effect on revisiting intention than others. Third, in the negative-objective message, the message attitude has a stronger effect on purchase intention than others. Hence, it is said that online shopping-mall managers need to understand the effects of multidimensional online review.
Online WOM;Customer's Evaluation;Internet Marketing
- 김영숙, "잡지광고에 있어서 유우머의 효과에 관한 연구-광고에 대한 태도적 모델의 관점에서-", 이화여자대학교 대학원 석사학위 논문, 1986.
- 김상현, 오상현, "고객재구매의도. 결정요인에 관한 연구", 마케팅연구 Vol.17 No.2, 2002.
- 김숙명, 오현정, "인터넷을 통한 의복제품 구입시 지각하는 이점 및 위험", 논문집, Vol.10, 2001.
- 김창호, 황의록, "구전정보의 특성과 구전효과의 관계", 광고연구 35, pp.55-77, 1997.
- 김한나, 이은영, "신규 패션브랜드 평가속성에 대한 소비자 위험지각과 정보탐색에 관한 연구", Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles Vol.29, No.5 pp.727-736, 2005.
- 성하림, "이미지 광고에서 브랜드스토리가 브랜드태도에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구", 홍익대학교 석사학위논문, 2007.
- 이경훈, 박재옥, "인터넷 쇼핑몰 이용자의 의류제품 구매경험에 따른 의류제품 및 웹 서비스 평가기준에 관한 연구", 한국의류학회지, Vol.28, No.5, pp.603-614, 2004.
- 이규혜, 최자영, "패션 제품 온라인 쇼핑 시 지각하는 위험과 구매의도의 관계에 있어서 태도의 역할", The Research Journal of the Costume Culture, 제 15권, 제 3호, pp.472-482, 2007.
- 이미현, "의류제품의 가격, 상표명, 취급 상점이 품질지각, 가치지각, 구매의도에 미치는 영향 연구", 培花論叢, Vol.20, 2001.
- 이여진, "메시지 질, 관여도, 광고에 대한 태도가 기업이슈광고 효과에 미치는 영향", 고려대학교 석사학위논문, 1998.
- 이준엽, "온라인 사용 후기 구전정보특성이 사용자태도에 미치는 영향", 홍익대학교 석사학위논문, 2007.
- 차태훈, 이경아, "온라인 구전의 수용에 관한 연구", 광고연구, No.72, 2006.
- 최정수, "브랜드 이미지와 가치인식이 구매의도에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구: 한국과 미국의 청바지 브랜드 비교를 중심으로", 동아대학교 석사 학위 논문, 2003.
- 하정희, "의류상품의 인터넷 쇼핑 구매의도에 따른 의복쇼핑성향과 위험지각에 관한 연구", 덕성여자대학교 석사학위논문, 2002.
- 황진숙, 정정현, "인터넷쇼핑 및 TV홈쇼핑 위험 지각에 따른 의복쇼핑성향, 구매의도, 구매행동", 寒國衣類學會誌, Vol. 29, No.5, 2005.
- G. W. Allport, "Attitudes," in Murchinson, C.A. (Eds), A Handbook of Social Psychology, Clark University Press, Worcester, MA, pp.798-844, 1935.
- J. Arndt, "Role of product related conversation in diffusion of a new product," Journal of Marketing Research, Vol.4 pp.291-295, 1967. https://doi.org/10.2307/3149462
- B. Bickart and R. M. Schindler, "Expending the Scope of Word of Mouth : Consumer-to-Consumer information on the Internet," Advances in Consumer Research. 29. pp.428-430, 2002.
- J. C. Blodgett, D. J. Hill and S. S. Tax, "The Effects of Distributive Procedural, and Interactional Justice on Postcomplaint Behavior", Journal of Retailing, Vol.73 pp.185-210, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-4359(97)90003-8
- J. M. Brister, "Enhanced Explanation of Relationship", Research in Consumer Behavior, 4, 1991.
- M. W. Browne and R. Cudeck, "Alternative ways of assessing model fit: Sociological Methods and Research," 21, pp.230-258, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1177/0049124192021002005
- R. R. Burke, "Do you see what I see? The future of virtual shopping," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science 25, pp.352-360, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1177/0092070397254007
- P. A. Dabholkar, "Factor influencing consumer choice of a "rating web site": An experimental investigation of an online interactive decision aid," Journal of Marketing Theory and Practice, Vol.14, No.4, pp.259-273, 2006. https://doi.org/10.2753/MTP1069-6679140401
- D. Gefen, "E-commerce: the role of familiarity and trust," Omega 28, pp.725-737, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0305-0483(00)00021-9
- J. A. Edell and Staelin, "The Information Processing of Pictures in Print Advertisement Claims: Testing Hypothesis from Economics of Information." Journal of Consumer Research. 16. pp.433-441, 1983.
- J. Engel, R. Blackwell and R. Kegerreis, "Word of Mouth Communication by The Innovator," Journal of Marketing. Vol.33, 1969.
- J. F. Engel and R. D. Blackwell and P. W. Miniard, Consumer behavior, 8th ed., Forth Worth: The Dryden Press, 1995.
- S. T. Fiske, "Attention and Weight in Person Perception: The impact of Negative and Extreme Behavior," Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Vol.38, 1980.
- F. E. Webster, Industrial marketing strategy, John Wiley and Sons, 1991.
- M. Henicks, "Spread the Word," Entrepreneur, 120-25.
- P. M. Herr, M. Frank, R. Kardes and K. John, "Effect of word of Mouth and Product-Attribute Information on Persuasion: An Accessibility-Diagnosticity Perspective," Journal of Consumer Research, Vol.17, No.4, pp.454-462, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1086/208570
- D. L. Hoffman and T. P. Novak, "Marketing in Hypermedia Computer-Mediated Environment: Conceptual Foundations," Journal of Marketing Vol.60 issue 3, 1996.
- M. Holbrook, "Beyond attribute structure," Journal of Marketing Research, Vol.15, No.4, pp.546-556, 1978.
- J. Kline and D. Wichelns, "Measuring heterogeneous preferences for preserving farmland and open space," Ecological Economics 26, pp.211-224, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0921-8009(97)00115-8
- H. M. James, W. S. John, and F. K. Harold, "Building Brand Community," The Journal of Marketing, Vol.66, No.1, pp.38-54, 2002(1). https://doi.org/10.1509/jmkg.220.127.116.1151
- R. J. Lutz, "Affective and Congnitive Antecedents of Attribute Toward the Ad" Information Processing Research in Ad, Hillsdale Lawrence Eribaum 46, 1983.
- S. B. MacKenzie and R. J. Lutz, "An empirical examination of the structural antecedents of attitude toward the ad in an advertising pretesting context," Journal of Marketing, 53, pp.48-65, 1989. https://doi.org/10.2307/1251413
- S. B. MacKenzie, R. J. Lutz, and G. E. Belch, "Attitude toward the ad as a mediator of advertising effectiveness: determinants and consequences", Advances in Consumer Research; 1983, Vol.10 Issue 1, pp.532-539, 1983.
- D. Maheswaran and J. Meyers-Levy, "The Influence of Message Framing and issue Involvement," Journal of Marketing Research. Vol.27. pp.361-367, 1990. https://doi.org/10.2307/3172593
- M. Fishbein and I. Ajzen, "Beliefs, attitude, intention and behavior: an introduction to theory and research," Addison-Wesley Reading (MA), 1975.
- M. E. Goldberg, M. Fishbein and E. Susan, Middlestadt "Social marketing," Lawrence Erlbaum Associates M. Sherif, The psychology of social norms, Harper New York, 1995.
- N. A. Scott, "Linking Product Features to Perceptions: Self-Stated Versus Statistically Revealed Importance Weights," Journal of Marketing Research, 18 (February 80-86), 1981. https://doi.org/10.2307/3151316
- C. E. Osgood, G. J. Suci, and P. H. Tannenbaum, The Measurement of Meaning, Urbana : University of Illnois Press, 1957.
- P. W. Miniard, S. Bhatla, and R. L. Rose, "On the formation and relationship of ad and brand attitudes: An experimental and causal analysis," Journal of Marketing Research Vol.27, pp.290-303, 1990. https://doi.org/10.2307/3172587
- J. R. Rossiter and L. Percy, "Visual imagery ability as a mediator of advertising response," Advances in consumer research: Vol.F, pp.621-628, 1978.
- R. A. Peterson S. Balasubramanian and B. J. Bronnenberg, "Exploring the implications of the internet for consumer marketing," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Vol.25, No.4, 1997.
- R. A. Peterson and C. M. Merino, "Consumer Information Search Behavior and the Internet," Psychology and Marketing, Vol.20, No.2, pp.99-121, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1002/mar.10062
- M. L. Richins, "Word of mouth communication as a negative information," Advances in consumer Research, Vol.11, 1983.
- T. S. Robertson, J. Zielinski, and S. Ward, Consumer Behavior, Glenview IL: Scott, Foresman and Company, p.231, 1984.
- C. E. Rusbult, "Commitment and satisfaction in romantic associations: A test of the investment model", Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, 16, pp.172-186, 1980. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-1031(80)90007-4
- L. G. Schiffman and L. L. Kanuk, Consumer behavior, New Jersey; Prentice Hall, Inc., 1994
- D. S. Sundaram and R. D. Taylor, "An investigation of perceived risk at the brand level," Journal of Marketing Research, 13, pp.184-188, 1998.
- J. Thibaut and H. H. Kelley, The social psychology of groups, New York: Wiley, 1959.
- T. Hennig-Thurau and G. Walsh, "Electronic Word-of-Mouth: Motives for and Consequences of Reading Customer Articulations on the Internet," International Journal of Electronic Commerce, Winter 2003-4, Vol. 8, No.2, pp.51-74, 2004.
- J. E. Urbany, P. R. Dickson, and R. Kalapurakal, "Price Search in the Retail Grocery Market", Journal of Marketing. Vol.60 issue 2, 1996.
- W. R. Wilson, and R. A. Peterson, "Some Limits on the Potency of Word-of-Mouth Information," Advances in Consumer, 1989.
- H. A. Zielski, "Does day-after recall penalize "feeling" ads? Journal of Advertising Research, Vol.22, No.1, pp.19-22, 1982.
- V. A. Zeithaml and M. J. Bitner, Services marketing: Integrating customer focus across the firm (3rd ed.). New York: McGraw-Hill, 2003.
- 통계청, 사이버쇼핑몰 상품군별 거래액, 2007.
- Effects of E-review attributes on Purchase Intention for Fashion Products across E-community Types vol.21, pp.5, 2012, https://doi.org/10.5934/KJHE.2012.21.5.1005
- A Structural Analysis of the Movie Reviews vol.14, pp.5, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2014.14.05.085
- Understanding the Effect of Negative Reviews on User Decision in Restaurant Recommendation Apps vol.15, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2015.15.01.418
- Effect of On/off-line Acquaintance's Recommendation Message on Product Attitude and Purchase Intention vol.40, pp.6, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2016.40.6.1010