- Volume 38 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Development of Functional Bread with Sea Tangle Single Cell Detritus (SCD)
다시마 Single Cell Detritus(SCD)를 첨가한 기능성 빵의 개발
- Bang, Sang-Jin (Faculty of Marine Bioscience and Technology, Gangneung-Wonju National University) ;
- Choi, Seung-Hwa (Faculty of Marine Bioscience and Technology, Gangneung-Wonju National University) ;
- Shin, Il-Shik (Faculty of Marine Bioscience and Technology, Gangneung-Wonju National University) ;
- Kim, Sang-Moo (Faculty of Marine Bioscience and Technology, Gangneung-Wonju National University)
- Published : 2009.10.31
Functional bread was manufactured with single cell detritus (SCD) of sea tangle. The optimum ingredient formula for SCD bread was determined based on mixture model. Flour and water reduced max weight, strength, hardness and specific loaf volume, whereas the increased SCD reversed the volume change of dough. Flour increased
- Ministry for Food, Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries. 2008. Food, Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries Statistical Yearbook. Republic of Korea. p 282-305.
- Choi JH, Rhim CH, Kim JY, Yang JS, Choi JS, Byun DS. 1986. Basic studies in the development of diet for the treatment of obesity. 1. The inhibitory effect of alginic acid as a dietary fiber on obesity. Bull Kor Fish Soc 19: 303-311.
- Kim SH, Park HY, Park WK. 1988. Determination and physical properties of dietary fiber in seaweed products. J Kor Soc Food Sci 17: 320-325.
- Lee JH, Sung NJ. 1983. The content of minerals in algae. J Kor Soc Food Sci 12: 51-58.
- Tashiro T. 1983. Analysis of nucleic acid related substances of dried purple laver. Bull J apan Soc Sci Fish 49: 1121-1125. https://doi.org/10.2331/suisan.49.1121
- Park JH, Kang KC, Baek SB, Lee YH, Rhee KS. 1991. Separation of antioxidant compounds from edible marine algae. J Kor Food Sci Technol 23: 256-261.
- Hiroyuki N, Hideomi A, Koichi A, Kazutosi N. 1990. Antitumor activity of marine algae. Hydrobiologia 204: 577-584. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00040290
- Ferial HB, Mostafai E, Corinne S, Catherine BV. 2000. Relationship between sulfate groups and biological activities of fucans. Thromb Res 100: 453-459. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0049-3848(00)00338-8
- Kim YY, Lee KW, Kim GB, Cho YJ. 2000. Studies on physicochemical and biological properties of depolymerized alginate from sea tangle, Laminaria japonicus by thermal decomposition. J Kor Fish Soc 33: 393-398.
- Haug A, Smidsrod O. 1962. Determination of intrinsic viscosity of alginate. Acta Chem Scan 15: 1794-1795. https://doi.org/10.3891/acta.chem.scand.15-1794
- Haug A, Smidsrod O. 1963. The solubility of alginate at low pH. Acta Chem Scan 17: 1653-1662. https://doi.org/10.3891/acta.chem.scand.17-1653
- Hidaka H, Eida T, Takizawa T, Tokuzawa T, Tashiro Y. 1986. Effect of fructooligosaccharide on intestinal flora and human health. Bifidobacteria Microflora 5: 37-50. https://doi.org/10.12938/bifidus1982.5.1_37
- Usui T, Asari K, Mizuno T. 1980. Isolation of highly fucoidan from Eisenia bicyclis and its anticoagulant and antitumor activities. Agric Biol Chem 44: 1965-1970. https://doi.org/10.1271/bbb1961.44.1965
- Nishino T, Aizu Y, Nagumo T. 1991. The relationship between the molecular weight and the anticoagulant activity of two types of fucan sulfates from the brown seaweed Ecklonia kurom Agric Biol Chem 55: 791-797. https://doi.org/10.1271/bbb1961.55.791
- Korea Food Research Institute. 2000. Study in Development of Processed Foods Using Seaweeds. Ministry of Maritime Affair and Fisheries.
- Ministry of Health and Welfare/Korea Health Industry Development Institute. 1988. National Health and Nutrition Survey-Nutrition Survey.
- Kim JS, Kang KJ. 1998. Effect of Laminaria addition on the shelf-life and texture of bread. Kor J Food Nurt 11: 556-560.
- Kwon EA, Chang MJ, Kim SH. 2003. Quality characteristics of bread containing Laminaria powder. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 32: 406-412. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2003.32.3.406
- Han KH, Choi MS, Ahn CK, Youn MJ, Song TH. 2002. Soboru bread enriched with dietary fibers extracted from kombu. Kor J Soc Food Cookery Sci 18: 619-624.
- Seo CH, Lee JW, Do JH, Chang KS. 2002. Quality characteristics of Korean red ginseng powder on pulverizing methods. J Ginseng Res 26: 79-84. https://doi.org/10.5142/JGR.2002.26.2.079
- Uchida M, Nakayama A, Abe S. 1995. Distribution and characterization of bacteria capable of decomposing brown algae fronds in waters associated with Laminaria vegetation. Fisheries Sci 61: 117-120. https://doi.org/10.2331/fishsci.61.117
- Uchida M, Numaguchi K. 1996. Formation of protoplasmic detritus with characteristics favorable as food for secondary animals during microbial decomposition of Ulva pertusa (chlorophyta) frond. J Mar Biotechnol 4: 200-206.
- Uchida M. 1996. Formation of single cell detritus densely covered with bacteria during experimental degradation of Laminaria japonica Thalli. Fisheries Sci 62: 731-736. https://doi.org/10.2331/fishsci.62.731
- Uchida M, Nakata K, Maeda M. 1997. Conversion of Ulva fronds to diet for Artermia nauplii utilizing the degrading and attaching abilities Pseidoalteromonas espejiana. J Applied Phycology 9: 541-549. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1007940005528
- Ando Y, Inoue K. 1961. Decomposition of alginic acid by microorganisms-Ⅳ. On the Vibrio-type bacteria, newly isolated from the decaying Laminaria. J J ap Soc Sci Fish 27: 339-341. https://doi.org/10.2331/suisan.27.339
- Kitamikado M, Tseng CH, Aoki T, Yamaguchi K, Araki T. 1989. Isolation of bacteria capable of producing alginate- degrading enzyme from natural environment. Nippon Suisan Gakkaishi 55: 709-713. https://doi.org/10.2331/suisan.55.709
- Tseng CH, Yamaguchi K, Kitamikado M. 1992. Two types of alginate lyase from a marine bacterium Vibrio sp. Al-9. Nippon Suisan Gakkaishi 58: 533-538. https://doi.org/10.2331/suisan.58.533
- Uchida M, Murata M. 2002. Fermentative preparation of single cell detritus from seaweed, Undaria pinnatifida, suitable as a replacement hatchery diet for unicellular algae. Aquaculture 207: 345-357. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0044-8486(01)00792-X
- Bang SJ, Shin IS, Kim SM. 2006. Quality characteristics of sea tangle single cell destritus (SCD) manufactured by Vibrio sp. isolated from Bacillus cornutus. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 35: 606-612. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2006.35.5.606
- Bang SJ, Shin IS, Chung DH, Kim SM. 2006. Quality characteristics of surimi-based product with sea tangle single cell detritus (SCD). Korean J Food Sci Technol 38: 337-341.
- Bang SJ, Shin IS, Kim SM. 2006. Optimum process condition of noodles with sea tangle single cell detritus (SCD). Korean J Food Sci Technol 38: 68-74.
- Lee JM, Lee MK, Lee SK, Cho NJ, Kim SM. 2001. Effect of gums added in making frozen dough on the characteristics of bread-making. J Kor Food Sci Technol 33: 190-194.
- Finney KF. 1984. An optimized, straight-dough, breadmaking method after 44 years. Cereal Chem 61: 20-27.
- Ha TY, Kim SH, Cho IJ, Lee HY. 2003. Effect of dietary purified from Cassia tora on the quality characteristics of the bread with rice flour. J Kor Food Sci Technol 35: 598-603.
- Kim MH, Shin MS. 2003. Quality characteristics of bread made with brown rice flours of different preparation. Kor J Soc Food Cookery Sci 19: 136-143.
- Park GS, Lee FZ. 1999. Effects of job's tears powder and green tea powder on the characteristics of quality of bread. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 28: 1244-1250.
- Lee WJ, Jung JK. 2002. Quality characteristics and preparation of noodles from brown rice flour and colored rice flour. Kor J Culinary Res 8: 267-278.
- Lee KH, Park HC, Her ES. 1998. Statistics and Data Analysis Method. Hyoil Press, Seoul, Korea. p 253.
- Hwang YK, Hyun YH, Lee YS. 2001. Study on the characteristics of bread with green tea powder. Korean J Food Nutr 14: 311-316.
- Choi OJ, Kim YD, Kang SK, Jung HS, Ko MS, Lee HC. 1999. Properties on the quality characteristics of bread added with Angilica keiskei Koidz flour. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 28: 118-125.