- Volume 38 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Microbiological Hazard Analysis of Foodservice Facilities and Equipment at Kindergarten Foodservice Establishments
유치원 급식시설.설비에 대한 미생물학적 위해분석
- Lee, Hye-Yeon (Dept. of Food & Nutrition, Daegu University) ;
- Bae, Hyun-Joo (Dept. of Food & Nutrition, Daegu University)
- Published : 2009.10.31
This study was conducted to analyze the food safety management practices and to provide data that could be used to improve food safety management at kindergarten foodservice establishments in Daegu and Gyeongbuk province. Microbiological hazard analysis was conducted from May to July, 2008 at the four foodservice establishments. A total (20 items) of foodservice facilities, cooking utensils, and equipment were tested about total plate counts, coliforms, E. coli, Staphylococcus aureus, Salmonella spp., and Listeria monocytogenes. The microbiological detected levels were higher than the critical limits for prepreparing and cooking knives, chopping boards, working tables (both prepreparing and cooking), refrigerator (inside wall), bart, basket, and tray. E. coli, Salmonella spp., and Listeria monocytogens were not detected in any samples. However, Staphylococcus aureus were detected in rubber gloves for cooking and trench in the bottom at one foodservice establishment. In conclusion, these results suggest that a prerequisite programs guideline should be provided to improve the food safety levels at kindergarten foodservice establishments and the foodservice manager must maintain proper food safety technique for foodservice facilities, cooking utensils, and equipment at kindergarten foodservice establishments to prevent cross-contamination and spread of foodborne pathogens.
- Yoon JJ, Ahn JK, Kim JY. 2008. A survey on the evaluation of curriculum and young children by kindergarten teachers. Korean Assoc Human Ecology 17: 413-423. https://doi.org/10.5934/KJHE.2008.17.3.413
- Lee KH, Park DY, Lee IY, Hong JY, Choi BC, Bae SS. 2001. The survey on the nutrition education and food service managements system of the early childhood education institute in Yongdungpo. Korean J Diet Assoc 7: 167-174.
- 교육과학기술부. 2007. 유치원 급식현황. http://www.mest. go.kr. 2008년 2월 검색.
- Lee BS. 2006. The survey on the foodservice management system of the child care centers in Ansan. Korean J Food and Nutr 19: 435-447.
- Chang HJ, Park YJ, Ko ES. 2008. Current and future foodservice management performance in child-care centers. Korean J Diet Assoc 14: 229-242.
- Lee YM. 2005. The different view of child education center food service program between the parents and the teachers. Korean J Comm Nutr 10: 654-667.
- Choi KY, Lee HS, Kim EH. 2005. Meals services and young children's eating habit guidance by kindergarten types. J Korea Open Assoc Early Childhood Education 10: 337-360.
- Min JH, Lee YK. 2004. Microbiological quality evaluation for foodservice of a HACCP system in day-care-center foodservice operations I. Focus on heating process and after- heating process. Korean J Nutr Soc 37: 712-721.
- Lee YM, Oh YJ. 2005. A study on kindergarten's meal service program and children's food intake. Korean J Nutr Soc 38: 232-241.
- Chang ML, Kim YB. 2003. A study of the actual conditions of kindergarten meals program. J Early Childhood Education 23: 261-284.
- Kwak TK, Lee HS, Yang IS, Kim SH, Moon HK. 1991. Assessment of nutritional adequacy and microbiological quality of food served in day-care centers. Korean J Soc Food Sci 7: 111-118.
- Park HS, Lee KM, Seol HR, Park KH, Ryu K. 2009. Evaluation of foodservice manager's perception on safety management in childcare centers and kindergartens. Korean J Comm Nutr 14: 87-99.
- Bae HJ, Lee HY, Rye K. 2009. Field assessment of food safety management at preschool foodservice establishments. Korean J Food Cookery Sci 25: 660-673.
- Seol HR, Park HS, Park KH, Park AK, Ryu K. 2009. Microbiological evaluation of foods and kitchen environments in childcare center and kindergarten foodservice operations. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 38: 252-260. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2009.38.2.252
- Kwak TK, Lee TM, Lee KE, Hong WS. 2006. The preschool foodservice efficient operation system construction plan research. Kyonggi-do office of education politic research subject. p 322-370.
- Staskel DM, Margaret EB, Leanne HF, Suzanne SB. 2008. Microbial evaluation of foodservice surface in texas child-care center. J Am Diet Assoc 107: 854-859. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jada.2007.02.013
- 교육과학기술부. 2004. 학교급식 위생관리 지침서. p 120-121.
- 법제처. 2008. 식품위생법. http://www.moleg.go.kr. 2008년 2월 검색.
- 식품의약품안전청. 2008. 선행요건관리프로그램. http://www. kfda.go.kr. 2008년 2월 검색
- 법제처. 2008. 유아교육법. http://www.moleg.go.kr. 2008년 2월 검색.
- Paulson DS. 1992. Evaluation of three handwash modalities commonly employed in the food processing industry. Dairy Food and Envir Sanit 12: 165-173.
- 식품의약품안전청. 2005. 식품공전. http://www.kfda.go.kr. p 213-250.
- Harrigan WF, McCane ME. 1976. The examination of food processing plants. In Laboratory of Methods in Food and Dairy Microbiology. Academic Press, London, UK. p 231-236.
- Park SJ, Ha GS, Shim WB, Park MK, Chung DW. 2003. Environmental microbial assessment of food service at elementary school in Western Gyeongnam province. J Fd Hyg Safety 18: 14-24.
- Bae HJ, Chun HJ. 2003. Microbiological hazard analysis of cooking utensils and working areas of foodservice establishments and hygienic improvement by implementing HACCP system. Korean J Soc Food Cookery Sci 19: 231-240.
- Kwon SH, Lee HO, Chung DH, Shin WS, Om AS. 2003. The seasonal microbiological quality assessment for application of HACCP system to the elementary food service. Korean J Soc Food Cookery Sci 19: 647-658.
- Bae HJ. 2001. Survey on sanitation practice and the analysis of improvement by implementing HACCP system in food service operations. PhD Dissertation. Sookmyung Women's University, Seoul, Korea. p 122-133.
- Stauffer LD. 1971. Sanitation and the human ingredient. Hospital 45: 62-67.
- Bae HJ. 2006. Analysis of contamination of Bacteria from raw materials, utensils and worker's hands to prepared foods in foodservice operations. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 35: 655-660. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2006.35.5.655
- Park HK, Kim KL, Shin HW, Kye SH, Yoo WC. 2000. Evaluation of microbiological hazards of cooking utensils and environment of mass catering establishments. J Fd Hyg Safety 15: 315-323.
- Santana NG, Almedia RC, Ferreria JS, Almedia PF. 2008. Microbiological quality and safety of meals served to children and adoption of food manufacturing practices in public school catering in Brazil. Food Control 10: 1-7.
- 한국보건산업진흥원. 2005. 공중낙하균 관리기준. http://www. khidi.or.kr.
- Kang YJ, Frank JK. 1989. Biological Aerosols: A review of airborne contamination and its measurement in dairy processing plants. J Food Prot 52: 512-517. https://doi.org/10.4315/0362-028X-52.7.512
- 강영재. 1990. 식품오염원으로서의 공중부유 미생물의 특성과 그 측정. 한국유가공기술과학회지 8: 7-10.
- Kim JG. 2003. A survey on the sanitary condition of kitchens in school food-service programs. Korean J Env Health 29: 87-93.
- 강영재, 곽동경. 2001. HACCP 일반위생관리기준관련 적용단체급식업소의 시설모델개발 연구. 2001년도 식품의약품안전청 연구용역개발사업 최종보고서. p 53.
- Comparison of the Sanitary Inspection Results and Adenosine Triphosphate (ATP) Bioluminescence Assay for Equipment in Children’s Foodservices vol.33, pp.4, 2017, https://doi.org/10.9724/kfcs.2017.33.4.461